“A nice find in the Sunday market”
Review of Morradoke Thai

Morradoke Thai
Ranked #332 of 2,102 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Tammy, the Owner and Head Chef of Morradoke Thai Restaurant has lived in the USA, Canada, France and Portugal where she gained numerous apraisals for her creative Thai cuisine. Using only fresh ingredients and home-made curry pastes as taught to her by her Mother, she will delight your taste buds and enhance your appetite through the discovery of the pungent perfumes of Heritage Thai cuisine.
Denver, Colorado
“A nice find in the Sunday market”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This place has a great location and had a bunch of people in it. I found it off of TA and we enjoyed our meal. It's got open air atmosphere even though you sit inside. It's good people watching. The spices were good, could've been more. They have a scale you can order by and we thought that helped. But the curry was amazing, the special noodle plate was good as well. The chicken with cashews was lacking, but we were hungry so we ate it. Plenty of seating and a nice wait staff to e you. Good prices and a large menu. They gave you two menus, one with pictures and one with words and pricing.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Colorado
“Yellow curry at Sunday market”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We enjoyed 3 dishes here. Yellow curry, their special noodle plate and cashew chicken. We asked the curry be their second highest rating. It was that hot, so they could have amped it up a bit. But it was so good! The noodle dish had a nice sauce to it that was spicy and flavorful. The cashew chicken was not bad, just bland. It was Sunday market night, so it was very busy and great for people watching. It had many full tables, so we knew it would be good. Reasonable pricing also.

Sydney, Australia
“Excellent family run restaurant”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We read the reviews and ate here on our last night in Chiang Mai, such a pity we didn;t go there earlier as we would have come back for more!
The restaurant has approximately 30 seats and the decor is a little basic but the food was excellent. I had a Pork Mango curry and my fiancee had cellophane noodles with prawns. The pork was absolutely delicious the meat was succulent, cooked to perfection and nice and spicy as I love it.
We both had glasses of white wine which was very drinkable and only 100THB
The service we found to be friendly and good but I can see how some people might be frustrated, as only two of the staff felt confident speaking English and some people's enquiries were referred to the "English speakers" which could lead to some delay but we would just say be patient, it is worth it:)

• Visited March 2013
“So good we went three times in a row.”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

What a great find. We are suckers for authentic thai cooking and it does rarely get better than this.
What ever we ordered was spot on and not for the fainthearted. If you are not use to real thai food better be aware and let the kitchen know to go easy on the chillies.
Waiters are very helpful and explain the dishes if you need any help.
So just go there and enjoy.

1 Thank Peter R
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Amazing food!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I don't normally write reviews on food I have eaten but I am making an exception because the food was amazing!!
I am gluten & dairy intolerant so eating out is a bit of a pain for me (and the chef.) Even with the language barrier they were very accommodating! I have been in Thailand for a week now and I've been a bit disappointed with the quality of the food but Morradoke Thai has restored my faith in Thai food!!! Yes, the service is a bit slow but fresh, good quality and great tasting food does take a while to cook! I will definitely be back!!