“Best guide EVER!!”

Gems Excursion Advisor - Day Tours
Ranked #91 of 272 Tours in Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Owner description: "Gems Excursion Advisor" has always specialized in small custom private tours of Chiang Mai and the North Country especially for those travelers who are looking to explore authentic Thai history and culture on a personal and intimate level. "Your enjoyment is our GOAL"
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
“Best guide EVER!!”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My friend and I were staying in Bosotel and met Jimmy there. He quickly made arrangements for something for us to do, making sure we had an umbrella when it started to rain heavily, and even bringing us snacks when we went on the elephant ride. He was really attentive to our needs and very easy to talk to as well. I'd invite Jimmy over for coffee if I could! He knew so much and was really a great person to deal with. Next time I'm in Chiang Mai, I'm giving him a call! He really knows how to make your experience in Chiang Mai a good one!

Visited July 2012

Brisbane Australia
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I first contacted Gems excursion's Paew when I decided to come to Thailand, she has always answered all my queries, promptly. I finally met her when I arrived she was so lovely. Nothing is to much trouble. I wanted a driver and guide for the day just to show me around Chiang mai to get my bearings. She sent me a lovely lady Kate in a really nice air con car. Kate spoke English really well and I had a fantastic day .
We went to the umbrella village, the silk farm,the cotton, place, wood carving village, women's correctional centre for massage, Worriot market, 3 king monument & lots of temples it was a great day and it only cost1200 baht for the day (plus 90 baht 3 king 'museam) .
I would definitely recommend this company.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank wendy004
Iluka, Western Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Fantastic People”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

First impressions are deceiving as the office is amongst repair shops and other outlets just out of town across the road from the Siripanna hotel. I went there as they were having lunch and the first thing they did was offer me to join them. (Must say I was very tempted looking at the spread they had).
We booked the Long Neck tour and were escorted around in an air conditioned car for as long as we wanted for only 500 baht. Paew our guide spoke great English and was very informative especially as she had previous worked around the border region where the Long Neck people had escaped to in Thailand and had a vast knowledge of them. I was off colour that day and after the Long Neck village all I wanted was to get back to the hotel which was a disappointment because Paew had so many other suggestions for things to do and see.
When we returned to the hotel and knowing we were leaving the next day they offered to drive us to the airport for only 150 baht, well under the taxi rate.
They have a vast array of tours and activities at very competitive prices and also have a car and bike hire with the best prices in Chiang Mai.
We found both of the owners lovely people, speaking excellent English and very informative about Chiang Mai and would recommend a phone call or visit to them before you try any others.

Visited May 2012
Hollywood, Florida, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A great find in Chiang Mai!”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We were very pleased with the service and value. Jimmy and Paew both speak English beautifully. They know their business well and are wonderful to work with. We enjoyed them both and had some really great excurtions with Jimmy as a terrific guide. We reccomend them highly!

Seattle, Washington
98 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“Fantastic experience with this tour company”
Reviewed May 26, 2012

From the beginning to the end this trip was fantastic. I started from home working on places we wanted to see and then searched for the right tour company. Our criteria was simple, a guide company that is only in Chiang Mai and run by local people and a business that would let us set our own itinerary. I wrote to four tour guides letting them know exactly what we wanted to do and they were the only ones that responded specifically to my requests and didn't send a generic response. From the moment we were picked up at the airport (and they waited because our flight was delayed) to the moment we were returned to the airport it was a smooth and enjoyable experience. The hike we went on at the National Park was spectacular. It was made extra special by the fact that we were there at New Years and while the park was full of cars and people on the hike we didn't see one other hiker, Jimmy knew the perfect route to take and it was awesome.

Visited January 2012