“Perfect if you area looking for a clean, warm, cosy spot”
Review of 60 Blue House

60 Blue House
Reviewed October 9, 2013

When I got to Chang Mai I had booked a hostel, which appeared to be pretty dirty and it was rather awful staying there for a night. My friend suggested me to check out 60 Blue House and how overjoyed I was stepping in there. The smell of tea and coffee, everything so clean and warm, the beautiful colour of blue. The lady who owns the place is very friendly, calm and welcoming. All the small details there - the free coffee and tea, bananas, the occasional pie, made the stay even more enjoyable. Best place I stayed in Thailand so far.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I fall in love with this place at the very first sight! At beginning I only booked for 3 nights, but once I saw this place and met the nice house owner-Tao, I booked for more nights to stay!! The environment is always clean cuz the lovely staff Jae cleans it everyday; I really enjoyed walking bare foot on their wood floor! The easygoing guest house owner-Tao likes travelling, so she really puts herself in other travelers’ places to create a cozy and friendly place to stay! Though the accommodation doesn't include bkfst, fresh fruits, tea bags and coffee are always prepared for everyone who needs it. And we got delicious cakes from Tao sometimes; she makes great chocolate brownies and orange chiffon cakes!! I really had great memories while staying here!! If you're a female traveller who is looking for a secure place to stay in Chiang Mai, 60 blue house is your best choice!

第一眼就愛上這個可愛的地方!! 原本只預訂了三晚, 在看到環境和遇見親切的民宿主人Tao後馬上決定再續訂幾晚! 民宿的環境非常乾淨, 因為小助手Jae每天都會清理房子, 所以我很喜歡光腳踩在他們木頭地板上的感覺。民宿女主人Tao本身也熱愛旅行, 所以總能設身處地的為每個旅行的人著想, 創造出一個舒適又友善的環境。雖然這邊不含早餐, 但每天總有新鮮水果、茶包和咖啡可供大家免費取用。Tao也常常施展她的好手藝做美味的巧克力布朗尼和橘子戚風蛋糕請客人吃! 在這邊有好多愉快的回憶! 如果妳跟我一樣是獨自旅行的女生, 清邁唯一只提供女性住宿的60 blue house很推薦給大家喔!

Room Tip: the only female dorm in Chiang Mai, clean place, lovely staff!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank yatingtsai8
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay here for 4 nights at the end of Aug-beginning of Sept, it was low season so there were not many other women staying there to get to know...but the woman who owns it is totally on point with the operation she has running! Not only is she super nice, incredibly accommodating, very helpful, and a joy to chat with; but the other girl who works there too is SO SO sweet and helpful as well!

The rooms are comfortable and clean, they do have shared bathrooms and no tvs, which I think is a good thing because it can help to stimulate conversation amongst the travelers staying there. The back patio area is has a really nice, cool, setup as does the upstairs lounge area and even an upstairs balcony with lounge chair and little table for eating. The location feels very secure with a keyed entry gate, and good location/easy access to a lot of great things going on in the city (i.e. saturday walking st, chiang mai gate market, etc.)

Only thing that wasn't totally optimal was how loud the tuk tuks can be on a friday night! However, I am used to non-city living so I am super sensitive to night time noise...and it was only friday that had the most car noise so not a big deal at all.

You really cant go wrong staying here!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I stayed here with a couple of girl friends for my birthday and it was awesome. We had great service. The lady who runs the place was really nice (speaks excellent English). She had treats for her guests. She even let us leave stuff in the locker even though we had checked out because our train wasn't leaving until late that night and didn't want us to have to cart around all of our stuff all day. She helped us with transportation so we could go see the Elephant camp and Tiger Kingdom. Plus there was a lovely and quiet garden area. If I went back to Chiang Mai (without boys of course) I would stay here again.

Room Tip: They have dorm style rooms and private rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hannah G
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Being a solo female traveler, I'd like to stay a safe, convenient and comfortable guest house, 60 Blue House is absolutely the best choice!
The location is very good, withing the old city, near the Chiang Mai Gate, just 3 to 5 minute walk. Chiang Mai Gate has a local market, lots of food stands and convenient stores, so everthing is easily to get. Because the Saturday night market is near the Chiang Mai Gate, so it's also very convenient to go to. Another popular spot, Thapae Rd, it just took me 10 to 15 minute walk, easily to visit. If you don't want to walk, 60BH provides bicycles for rent.

The whole guest house is very clean, comfortable and organized!
I lived in the dorm room, had personal desk, big closet and lockers etc., shared bathroom, but also can put some personal stuff in the organized shelf.
Although is a fan room, but it's not that hot and windless, instead, it's a little cold in the midnight.

Living in the dorm room was fun, can meet girls from other countries, chat and share travel experiences, everyone here is friendly, just like the atmosphere in 60 Blue House. :)

Tao, the hostess of 60 BH, is very thoughtful, kind, enthusiastic and generous!! She can provide lots of useful local informations, such as restaurants, shops, communicaitions and massage etc., very informative! Everytime I chatted with her, always can get her homemade cake and have an interesting talking! She is very lovely, even can remember my birthday and give me a blessed gift! :D

If I go to Chiang Mai again, absolutely will choose 60 Blue House!
Highly recommended!

由於是女生單獨的旅行,在不想住飯店、又想尋求安全且方便的條件之下,這家民宿成了我的最佳首選。60 Blue House也有網站,所以聯絡住宿非常方便,民宿女主人Tao也都非常快速地回信,若有疑問也能得到她的善意回應。
他們的住宿房分為兩種類型:個人/雙人房、宿舍房。皆為風扇房。我選擇宿舍房。
雖共用衛浴、小廚房(冰箱、飲水處),但每個人都有屬於自己的空間,包括個人的大置物櫃(可放大背包及行李、衣物)、盥洗用品區、晾衣區、鞋櫃、書桌等,每一個空間,女主人都妥善安排、組織,十分貼心。
雖然是風扇房,我七月初(雨季)入住時,夜間倒不會感到悶熱,有時半夜還會覺得涼爽。不過午後的確會比較悶,但這個時間大多不在宿舍而在外面晃。涼季去應該更沒問題。
60 Blue House整體環境十分乾淨、清幽,有個小花園,女主人也在一樓開了一間小咖啡廳,可在營業時間使用咖啡廳內的電腦,宿舍區也有全日free wifi。
女主人Tao非常親切、健談!! 樂於分享任何情報及旅遊經驗,也樂於代訂許多行程,在她那邊訂行程大多能得到5%-10%的折扣。
60 BH在古城內,去古城內任何景點步行的話都是十幾分鐘的路程。位置靠近清邁門,所以離清邁門市場及周六夜市非常近,步行約三到五分鐘,就有小吃區和便利商店,十分便利。塔佩路也是直走約十到十五分鐘就到了。也可向Tao租借腳踏車。
整體而言,CP值非常高,60BH仍會是我下次拜訪清邁的首選!
強力推薦!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank YihsuanWu
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I found this place on google and immidiately loved it because of the blue interior. When i arrived Tao welcomed me with some of her bakings and showed me around. She also gave me a map and pointed out some temples and good places to eat. She is so friendly and helpfull! The hostel was very clean and in a quiet place. In the bathroom you have your own rack to hang your towel and shelf for your toiletries, also your own closet for your shoes outside.(No shoes policy) It was very well organised. In the rooms you have wifi and if you want to use the computer, you can only do it during the office hours of the coffeeshop. But in the street are also some internetcafés.

When you walk out of the street, just a few minutes away, there are some backpackers bars.(At Zoë's corner) And on sunday there is a very nice market on walking distance. You can rent bikes at 60 blue house and Tao can also book all kind of tours for you. Chiang Mai has so many things to do. I loved it there and loved 60 blue house and i will definetely go back one day! I booked in february for 3 days but i stayed a few days longer, so i could see more of Chiang Mai.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My first review ever...I stayed at this guesthouse based on others reviews. I have mixed reviews about this place. I met ago, the woman who runs this guesthouse, and she is super friendly and very clever. She often brings in food she has baked ( banana cupcakes, fruit cake) all very delicious. And, there is a pitcher to heat up hot water and instant coffee for free there. She is full of local information and will help you find the best of in Chiang Mai. The girls dorm was nice but the bathroom was not as clean as other reviewers mentioned. Ad, it's noisy at night because there are many windows to the outside open ( no AC) and there is a bar directly across the street and one next to the dorm window. So, I used earplugs and was fine. The reason I bothered to write this blog is because I wanted to share what happened to me there regarding laundry. I asked Tao if she offered laundry services and she said "no, but we have a bucket in the bathroom for those who don't want to pay and do it themselves". So, I used the bucket to hand wash my underwear, two shirts and a pillow case. I spent a week at this guesthouse and was planning to return and when I emailed Tao to ask if she had a room available she said yes. But, she was going to charge me 50 baht for doing laundry ( it's 20 baht to take it down the street and have a machine wash laundry). I sent a reply reminding her of the conversation we had where she offers a bucket and cool drying rack for those who want to do their own for free! She never responded to my email and I decided to stay at Thaiwow guesthouse. Different concept but cleaner.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends