“Great vibe, awesome people, excellent place to stay!”
Review of 60 Blue House

60 Blue House
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay here for 4 nights at the end of Aug-beginning of Sept, it was low season so there were not many other women staying there to get to know...but the woman who owns it is totally on point with the operation she has running! Not only is she super nice, incredibly accommodating, very helpful, and a joy to chat with; but the other girl who works there too is SO SO sweet and helpful as well!

The rooms are comfortable and clean, they do have shared bathrooms and no tvs, which I think is a good thing because it can help to stimulate conversation amongst the travelers staying there. The back patio area is has a really nice, cool, setup as does the upstairs lounge area and even an upstairs balcony with lounge chair and little table for eating. The location feels very secure with a keyed entry gate, and good location/easy access to a lot of great things going on in the city (i.e. saturday walking st, chiang mai gate market, etc.)

Only thing that wasn't totally optimal was how loud the tuk tuks can be on a friday night! However, I am used to non-city living so I am super sensitive to night time noise...and it was only friday that had the most car noise so not a big deal at all.

You really cant go wrong staying here!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for 60 Blue House

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I stayed here with a couple of girl friends for my birthday and it was awesome. We had great service. The lady who runs the place was really nice (speaks excellent English). She had treats for her guests. She even let us leave stuff in the locker even though we had checked out because our train wasn't leaving until late that night and didn't want us to have to cart around all of our stuff all day. She helped us with transportation so we could go see the Elephant camp and Tiger Kingdom. Plus there was a lovely and quiet garden area. If I went back to Chiang Mai (without boys of course) I would stay here again.

Room Tip: They have dorm style rooms and private rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hannah G
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Being a solo female traveler, I'd like to stay a safe, convenient and comfortable guest house, 60 Blue House is absolutely the best choice!
The location is very good, withing the old city, near the Chiang Mai Gate, just 3 to 5 minute walk. Chiang Mai Gate has a local market, lots of food stands and convenient stores, so everthing is easily to get. Because the Saturday night market is near the Chiang Mai Gate, so it's also very convenient to go to. Another popular spot, Thapae Rd, it just took me 10 to 15 minute walk, easily to visit. If you don't want to walk, 60BH provides bicycles for rent.

The whole guest house is very clean, comfortable and organized!
I lived in the dorm room, had personal desk, big closet and lockers etc., shared bathroom, but also can put some personal stuff in the organized shelf.
Although is a fan room, but it's not that hot and windless, instead, it's a little cold in the midnight.

Living in the dorm room was fun, can meet girls from other countries, chat and share travel experiences, everyone here is friendly, just like the atmosphere in 60 Blue House. :)

Tao, the hostess of 60 BH, is very thoughtful, kind, enthusiastic and generous!! She can provide lots of useful local informations, such as restaurants, shops, communicaitions and massage etc., very informative! Everytime I chatted with her, always can get her homemade cake and have an interesting talking! She is very lovely, even can remember my birthday and give me a blessed gift! :D

If I go to Chiang Mai again, absolutely will choose 60 Blue House!
Highly recommended!

由於是女生單獨的旅行,在不想住飯店、又想尋求安全且方便的條件之下,這家民宿成了我的最佳首選。60 Blue House也有網站,所以聯絡住宿非常方便,民宿女主人Tao也都非常快速地回信,若有疑問也能得到她的善意回應。
他們的住宿房分為兩種類型:個人/雙人房、宿舍房。皆為風扇房。我選擇宿舍房。
雖共用衛浴、小廚房(冰箱、飲水處),但每個人都有屬於自己的空間,包括個人的大置物櫃(可放大背包及行李、衣物)、盥洗用品區、晾衣區、鞋櫃、書桌等,每一個空間,女主人都妥善安排、組織,十分貼心。
雖然是風扇房,我七月初(雨季)入住時,夜間倒不會感到悶熱,有時半夜還會覺得涼爽。不過午後的確會比較悶,但這個時間大多不在宿舍而在外面晃。涼季去應該更沒問題。
60 Blue House整體環境十分乾淨、清幽,有個小花園,女主人也在一樓開了一間小咖啡廳,可在營業時間使用咖啡廳內的電腦,宿舍區也有全日free wifi。
女主人Tao非常親切、健談!! 樂於分享任何情報及旅遊經驗,也樂於代訂許多行程,在她那邊訂行程大多能得到5%-10%的折扣。
60 BH在古城內,去古城內任何景點步行的話都是十幾分鐘的路程。位置靠近清邁門,所以離清邁門市場及周六夜市非常近,步行約三到五分鐘,就有小吃區和便利商店,十分便利。塔佩路也是直走約十到十五分鐘就到了。也可向Tao租借腳踏車。
整體而言,CP值非常高,60BH仍會是我下次拜訪清邁的首選!
強力推薦!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank YihsuanWu
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I found this place on google and immidiately loved it because of the blue interior. When i arrived Tao welcomed me with some of her bakings and showed me around. She also gave me a map and pointed out some temples and good places to eat. She is so friendly and helpfull! The hostel was very clean and in a quiet place. In the bathroom you have your own rack to hang your towel and shelf for your toiletries, also your own closet for your shoes outside.(No shoes policy) It was very well organised. In the rooms you have wifi and if you want to use the computer, you can only do it during the office hours of the coffeeshop. But in the street are also some internetcafés.

When you walk out of the street, just a few minutes away, there are some backpackers bars.(At Zoë's corner) And on sunday there is a very nice market on walking distance. You can rent bikes at 60 blue house and Tao can also book all kind of tours for you. Chiang Mai has so many things to do. I loved it there and loved 60 blue house and i will definetely go back one day! I booked in february for 3 days but i stayed a few days longer, so i could see more of Chiang Mai.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My first review ever...I stayed at this guesthouse based on others reviews. I have mixed reviews about this place. I met ago, the woman who runs this guesthouse, and she is super friendly and very clever. She often brings in food she has baked ( banana cupcakes, fruit cake) all very delicious. And, there is a pitcher to heat up hot water and instant coffee for free there. She is full of local information and will help you find the best of in Chiang Mai. The girls dorm was nice but the bathroom was not as clean as other reviewers mentioned. Ad, it's noisy at night because there are many windows to the outside open ( no AC) and there is a bar directly across the street and one next to the dorm window. So, I used earplugs and was fine. The reason I bothered to write this blog is because I wanted to share what happened to me there regarding laundry. I asked Tao if she offered laundry services and she said "no, but we have a bucket in the bathroom for those who don't want to pay and do it themselves". So, I used the bucket to hand wash my underwear, two shirts and a pillow case. I spent a week at this guesthouse and was planning to return and when I emailed Tao to ask if she had a room available she said yes. But, she was going to charge me 50 baht for doing laundry ( it's 20 baht to take it down the street and have a machine wash laundry). I sent a reply reminding her of the conversation we had where she offers a bucket and cool drying rack for those who want to do their own for free! She never responded to my email and I decided to stay at Thaiwow guesthouse. Different concept but cleaner.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have stayed 60 Blue house 3times,because 60 Bluehouse is my best favorite plase in Chiang mai.

At first,this guest house owner,Tao is so lovely person. She likes communicating with people, so altimes she is chatting with guest.And Tao teach us recommend place in Chiang mai. If you want to ask something, she will give you useful information very kindly.
And she has so big heart. When I was into accident( I was stolen passport in Chiang mai city ),she immediately supported me, and help me everything to make new passport. I cannot express my feelings with just words. I am full of gratitude for Tao…
Then Tao’s hobby is making sweets. So she often give us some homemaid sweets. For example mussuri, chocolate browni, cinnamonroll, ginger cookie, sesame cookie, icecream etc. Everything she made is so delicious and lovely taste. Tao’s sweets make me happy.

And,60 Blue house facility is also so wonderful. Everytime 60 Blue house was keeped super clean by staff Jay. Jay is great housekeeper, and she is so attentive( Jay is also great barista in dooichan coffee cafe where 60 blue house has in guesthouse, so she makes so beautiful latte). And, 60 blue house provides us clean towel, blanket, big refrigerator, rental bicycle, hanger, locker(dormitory), desk, some dish, fork, knife, electric kettle, free some tea and fruit and perfectly security( gate, house, locker we have to lock each one.) So I think 60Blue house is very comfortable!
And guest house’s wall is painted so pretty color and drawn lovely flower by nat(Tao’s hasband) and taa(Jay’s hasband). I love this design so much. And then 60Blue house has so beautiful garden, there are so many green. So we can have relax time.

60guest house is my precious spot :)♥ Now Tao became to be my mother in Chiang mai.lol …I miss Tao and guest hous staffs…I come back to stay surely.
So thank you so much Tao,60 guest house…Chiang mai!

わたしはこのゲストハウスに3回泊まったことがあります。ownerのタオさんが、とっても素敵な方で、大好きだからです。私がアクシデントに遭ったときは、タオさんは何から何まで手伝ってくださいました。落ち込んでいるときも、いつも私を励まそうとしてくれて、タオさんのお陰で、チェンマイにいる時は、優しい気持ちに包まれて、あたたかくて素敵な時間を過ごすことができます。また彼女はお菓子作りが得意で、homemadeのお菓子をゲストに配って、みんなにHappyのおすそ分けもしてくれます。ゲストハウスも、もちろんとても快適です。この値段で、こんなに清潔なゲストハウスみたことがないってくらい、いつも部屋はキレイにクリーンにされてます。またフリーの紅茶やフルーツもあったり、電気ポットや食器もあったり、ハンガーや洗濯物干しスペース、ロッカーや学習机もあったりと、本当に申し分ありません。あらゆる場所に鍵も付いてて、セキュリティーもバッチリです。それから、タオさんの旦那さんがペイントした壁やインテリアもとっても可愛くて、部屋にいるだけでウキウキしてしまうし、お庭も緑がたくさんでとっても居心地よくて、リラックスできます。本当に快適なゲストハウスです。また、このゲストハウスにはドーイチャンコーヒーのカフェも併設されているのですが、そこでは、ハウスキーパーでもありバリスタでもあるスタッフのジェイが、とてもおいしいラテ、カプチーノを作ってくれます。わたしはここに来るたびに、色々学び、優しい気持ちをいっぱい感じて、幸せになります。人に教えるのがもったいないくらい、とってもおススメの一番大スキなゲストハウスです!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Ruesri-rumi
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The place was clean, good location and for some reason even without air con the place is still cool. Tao, the owner has a heart of gold, staff was also very kind. Tao makes this awesome treats and she has shared her homemade ice cream and cookies with me. Even if you talk to the other girls who have stayed there will tell you how Tao has extended her help in all ways possible. Hope to be back there soon :)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo