“Friendly”
Review of Dozy House

Dozy House
Ranked #51 of 801 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 30, 2014

The owners are super helpful and are able to organize all the basic services to visit the main attractions. They do have an open kitchen and basic drinks and water one can grab at any hour. The rooms are clean, very large, but modest. The location is good, but is on the quieter side within the old city. To reach the main backpacking hub, it takes about 5-10 mins by bike or 20-30 mins by foot. To reach the center where most of the temples are located its just around the corner walking distance. Finally, I left one of my personal belongings at the hotel and the owner mailed it to me through express mail to Railay beach. I received it within 2 days and I can't tell you what a relief it was!! Overall they are super honest, hard working, family run business and very well priced.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 24, 2014

This is a great place to stay in Chiang Mai. It's located within the old town but it's on the other side of the inner ring from the craziness of the touristy area. I rented a bike everyday so I just scooted all over the city at all hours with ease. Gina is super sweet and very accommodating; full of information and they can organize anything for you if you want to go that route. Rooms were clean and the AC worked really well.

My only complaint, which is not their fault, was the neighbor's dog that I dreamt of poisoning a couple nights when it kept me awake barking. (Note: I would never poison a dog so please no mean comments.) Anyway, problem solved with ear plugs, so if you're a light sleeper, bring them. They rent bikes as well as scooters all very well priced. They off laundry service also. Wifi worked okay for me. Not great, but I was on the top floor. As soon as I came down to the lobby I had full bars. I would definitely return again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Undaunted_Courage
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

This place is not to be missed in Chiang Mai. The family are so welcoming and cannot do enough for you. The Wifi works well, rooms and large and very clean. Drinks in the fridge are very reasonable. What more could you want?

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

We wish we could have stayed longer than three nights but its no surprise they were fully booked. The private rooms are large, clean with a colourful decor and the wifi connection is good. It's a family run place and they are very welcoming and helpful just ask and they will oblige you. The communal kitchen to make your own breakfast is a bonus.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Dozy house provides basic rooms with character, thanks to the vivid colours and pretty decoration. Rooms are clean and have comfy kingsize beds. There is a kitchen with free to take toast and coffee. Best of all is the staff: good understanding of the English language, always happy to help and equipped with heartwarming smiles.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed January 27, 2014

This is a really lovely guest house. Jina who runs the house is brilliant, she's so friendly and will help you with any questions. We arrived quite late at night but Jina still spent ages telling us all about Chiang Mai and the guest house. She helped us book trips throughout our stay which were really reasonably priced. Jina's husband often does the driving which is reassuring as it's nice to have a friendly face waiting for you when you've finished visiting a sight. When we couldn't get a taxi to the night market her and her husband gave us a lift..! Anything we asked for (extra pillows, etc.) Jina was more than happy to help.

The house is clean and tidy with a kitchen where you can make food and drinks, tea, coffee, jam, toast is all free, and you can buy bottled drinks, eggs, and noodles. There's a fridge that you can use too. I stayed in a standard room which was basic but nice, clean, air-conditioned and beautifully decorated (although my friend had difficulty sleeping with the dogs barking outside - take earplugs). There's also loads of guides to help you plan your stay. It's a really nice atmosphere in the house with lots of friendly travellers to talk to in the kitchen. Also Jina and her little boy are usually around :0)

You can walk into town from the guest house (about 15 mins) but I wouldn't recommend you do this at night. Taxis are really cheap, but difficult to find.

I'd definitely recommend Dozy House to anyone staying in Chiang Mai, it's a really lovely place to stay with lovely people. Dozy House and Jina really made our stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank jaynebiles
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We stayed at Dozy House for the first time this trip and loved it. We booked a double bed room with ensuite which was spacious, very clean and great value for money. The family owner/operators were some of the nicest people we dealt with throughout our entire trip. We will definitely be booking Dozy House next time we are in Chiang Mai!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple