“Great day” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 66 Food & Drink in Chiang Mai
London, United Kingdom
“Great day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyable day! Sammy and his family are very friendly and humorous. Informative trip round the market to start, lots of cooking and a huge tasty lunch, with time to lie down after. Would have preferred a little less of the prep to have been already done for you, but none the less it made it very relaxing!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great! Definetely worth the price :) ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

It was a wonderful experience. Sammy and his wife are both enthousiastic, humouristic and they love cooking. They speak English very well :) I would recommend this to anyone.

1 Thank Aafke v
Dordrecht, Nederland
“Great day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

We had a really nice time at the class. Nothing to add to the other reviews. Sammy and his wife are very nice people. We are vegetarian, but that was no problem at all. Sammy and his wife gave some good advice on veggie thai cooking.

London
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Absolute bloody legend!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

Thoroughly decent day's entertainment. Sammy and his wife are brilliant hosts.

It's pretty basic in terms of what you do (assuming you're a decent home cook), but a worthwhile experience none the less.

Thanks for a highly memorable day.

Visited December 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Class too big, but fun day out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

We had 16 people in our class - which I think it just too big. It results in people not getting much attention while you're cooking. To get the instructors attention is not easy when there are so many people. It also makes asking questions very difficult. Also, everything was already cut and prepared for us. I would have preferred to do that myself as cooking the dish from start to finish helps me remember. Overall, the class is fun. If you are looking for a fun day out, as opposed to a serious cooking class where you will actually gain skills, then definitely do this class. I really enjoyed the company, as well as being on the farm. Other classes I've taken on this trip (4 in total), had around 6 people per class, which I think is a far more manageable number. I actually managed to learn something at those classes. However, this class was more of a sociable affair. The other problem I had was that we cooked everything and THEN ate it. Which resulted in our food getting cold. It was a shame to watch our freshly prepared food get cold while cooking a new dish. Also, it's not easy to eat so many dishes in one sitting. I think the owners would benefit from changing the course to cooking and eating one dish at a time. There are too many flavors to absorb when eating them all at once. I would rather have cooked less dishes and prepared them properly than cook so many half-prepared dishes. The owners are very nice. And it's lovely to be out on their farm in the peace and tranquility.

Visited January 2014