“Brilliant adventure with amazing guide”

Pooh Eco Trekking Day Tours
n ireland
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Brilliant adventure with amazing guide”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I am just back from the three day trek with this company. Wonderful experience. Saw no other tourists but did meet some lovely Karen people. If you want an easy comfortable trek ,look elsewhere. The sleeping arrangements were basic and uncomfortable,would advise you to hire an inflatable mattress and bring warm layers for night. However,you gave to put up with this to get yo two of the most amazing places I have ever slept in! Highly recommend it. Our guide was Rupoo ...font of knowledge, funny, lovely man.
Food provided, cooked fresh, no problems with it.

Visited December 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
San Cristobal, New Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Spectacular trek”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Loved it. All of our group had an amazing time. We went with Ropu, the loveliest, funniest guy with a wealth of knowledge about the tribes.

Lovely gentle villagers, excellent hikes and all round just an incredible time. Very affordable, really once in a lifetime trek.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank mormouse
Vienna
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Good customer service”
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Unfortunately my tour was cancelled the evening before which brought me into some organizational hustle. Nevertheless, I must thank them. They offered me to do an alternative tour the next day. I did not find it interesting and I can cancelled the tour. The agency paid me my deposit back. No problem at all.
Overall I can say the customer service is great although I did not do the tour.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank miro S
Sydney
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great company”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

We used this company for an eco trek and to take us to the elephant sanctuary. The eco trek was awesome with a great guide who originally came from one of the villages. He taught us a lot about the vegetation along the way and had us preoccupied all the way to the village which was great. He did crack onto the girls which was harmless, but I would say there needs to be some professionalism on his part. Otherwise the trek was awesome and not to be missed.

The elephant visit could be done independently, but it was just nice to have everything done for us. However, if you're looking to save money this isn't difficult to do independently.

Visited July 2013
Christchurch, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not advanced at all”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I had booked the one day advanced trekking. First the good stuff: The guide Tim, great guy, friendly, good company for a day walk, polite, knowledgeable about the local culture and gave us great local food (not a lot, but fairly enough). The drawbacks: the trek wasn't advanced, was a downhill walk for less than 5 hours, the forest wasn't a pristine was in fact a degraded forest, the promotion on the website says there is a waterfall in the track and there wasn't, the trip to get in the place is in an open truck so we were covered on dust, we were very close of the highest peak in Thailand and they didn't allow us to get there not even in the car. The advanced trek is a fake promotion. Finally the price, not a good value for money, the scenery pretty poor also.

Visited November 2013