“Fast & Fun Way to Explore”
Review of Segway Gibbon

Segway Gibbon
Ranked #48 of 292 Tours in Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Experience a Chiang Mai city tour with our certified guides whom will take you through the city safely from the vantage and comfort of a Segway. Let us show you the most famous temples, landmarks and markets. Glide along and enjoy the usually unseen backstreets with two guides per group to keep you safe and educate you on the old city and its history.
Reviewed January 3, 2013

With only two days to spend in Chiang Mai, I thought taking a Segway tour would offer an easy and fast way to both orient myself to the city and see a lot of it in a short period of time. I phoned Gibbons the morning of my arrival and they were able to immediately accommodate a 3 hour tour at 2pm. As it turned out I was the only participant for which I still received two guides for my jaunt through the streets of the Old City. Tom & Aod were capable, helpful guides. The 2000THB fee included a t-shirt and a beverage during a planned stop at a coffee shop. I'd prefer no t-shirt for a discount of say, 300THB, but overall I was satisfied and my goals were met.

1  Thank lowdiver

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Four of us did the 2-hour tour on December 19th and we were in a group by ourselves. We were split on the number of stars...2 giving it 4 stars because they found the temples and info given kind of boring and 2 of us giving it 5 stars because the segways are just so much fun. We're personally not overly interested in temples but going to Chiang Mai, you feel like you need to get a feel for the city itself, and that includes the temples. And I think this is the funnest way to see it...way better than a walking route. The segways take about 1 minute to learn until you feel like you've been doing it all your life. The guides were extremely nice and friendly. However, the office person was very abrupt and unfriendly. Still so glad we did this.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Segways are a really fun way to see the city. If you've never rode one before, don't worry, it's very easy to pick up. If you are looking for a fun way to see some of the temple's in the old city of Chiang Mai, this is a fun way to go. The guides give brief descriptions and history at each stop. However, If you're more into detailed tours and history, you should consider a different tour. This is more focused on the segway and less focused on details. They do allow time to stop for pictures, and to enter temples. There is also a stop at a coffee cafe where they treat you to a complimentary beverage and brownie. We've been on several segway tours in various world cities, and this one was not the best we've ever done. However, they've only been doing it for a year and are well on their way to perfecting it. Also, there was a great emphasis on safety while navigating through traffic areas. Overall, it was well worth the experience and very reasonably priced as well.

Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Thanks to Ben and friends for an adventure you cant really miss while in chiang mai!

Take care buddies!

Reviewed December 21, 2012

We took the 2 hour Segway tour, I would recommend doing the 3 hour. You go to the same places but have more time on your Segway. Training is easy and you do it in a car park. I was a little concerned about the traffic but the guys did a great job stopping traffic for us. Loved the Segway, so much fun! My two teens absolutely loved it too and it was interesting to see the temples and hear some history on the way.