“A great dinner!”

Cuisines: Thai, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 12, 2012

A little difficult to find but well worth it when you do! Well run by a mother and son who were fun to talk to and also had some suggestions for things to try. Both of our meals were great, I enjoy the spicy and they were happy to accomodate me, but things weren't overly hot, just right, and the taste was spectacular. Carrot cake for dessert was great!! Overall a fun and tastey experience, when in Chiang Mai in the future we will do it again!!

1  Thank WanderNH555
Write a ReviewReviews (3,216)

Reviewed November 10, 2012

We have been eating our way thru Thailand. Dash was the best restaurant we have found to date. The staff is the best we found. Its run by a mother and son team. The mother is the cook, she greated us when we arrived and recommented dishes.

When the waiter who is the son of the cook and owner, saw me turning red, sweating and mucus running down my nose. He knew what to do; and brought me a glass of milk with coconut milk in it. It worked immediatly, be prepared if you order Thai spicy.

Very nice clean setting, a little hard to find but worth the effort.

2  Thank mike95762
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We liked the food ( after some of our orders finally arrived). Service is pretty much Thai- luem- forget- mod leo- out- mai mee-no have.

Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

We found this restaurant through trip advisor and I'm so pleased we did. We stayed in Chaing Mai for six nights and visited this restaurant twice, I was tempted to go every night however we did try other places.

Firstly the staff are amazing, very knowledgable and can recommend some amazing Thai dishes. The owner recommended an egg plant stir fry dish which was mixed in an amazingly rich and beautifully flavoured sauce, I can honestly say it has been the best meal I've eaten so far in my travels, wasn't even that keen on egg plant before hand. My partner chose noodles with chicken, soy and vegtables which he was extremly happy with however was attempting to steal bites of my meal as well even considering ordering a second dish of egg plant for himself. Due to the sizeable portions we couldn't possibly of eaten a third main course, no matter how good it tasted. We also choose Thai red curry and a noodle dish with chilli sauce in our previous visit both of which were so good it was what made us return.

We unfortunately didn't have room for dessert, but they come highly recommended and look amazing. I did however try the cocktails and yes the margaritas are fantastic and very reasonably priced.

Over all our service was prompt and efficient. The owner and her Son are very friendly and go out of their way to make sure your dining experience is enjoyable. Only sorry we are now leaving Chaing Mai and that means no more visits to Dash.

2  Thank Scottygirl26
Reviewed November 9, 2012

The food was excellent, the service less so. The owner and her son make great hosts. Improve the service by hiring Chedi hotel type staff and this would truly be a great restaurant. The extra staff costs could be absorbed with a modest price hike on the food, it's good enough to handle it.