“Good education, welcoming and fun”

Sabai De Ka Massage School
Ranked #35 of 259 Spas & Wellness in Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Owner description: welcome to Sabai De Ka Massage School. Learn the art of massage with our professional and experienced teachers. All Our Course offer you practical and theoretical experience into the different massage techniques.
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

I am a professional masseuse back in England and chose Sabai De Ka based on the excellent reviews where other more professional schools web sights contained none.

Me and my partner (new to practising massage) visited the school to get an idea if it seemed suitable for a professional and comfortable enough for my boyfriend who was participating mainly for my benefit and for a bit of fun. I was pleasantly surprised at the warm welcome the owner of the school gave us and the great deal of information which she provided. I had investigated a school where a popular doctor/masseuse in the old part of Chaing Mai had the opposite effect and gave off a harsh vibe and lack of course info.

We settled on the three day course and were introduced to our tutor Na, who was great fun and as passionate as I hoped she would be. Na spoke good English and demonstrated a wide range of movements followed by an alternative one to save energy during massage.

The only negative to the course is that the benefits of each movement wasn't explained and even when we questioned Na (who is trained in acupuncture) failed to understand.

I would still highly recommend this course as I feel like I have advanced on a wide range of movements, the course is fantastic value and, not only did Na attended to my swollen bites while practicing, the owner also offered to take photos and on exit welcomed further questions on her main website.

All reviews
in 2 reviews
"thailand"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I was looking to do a Thai massage course and was recommended this school by the staff at Mandara spa. I spoke to Kloy, the owner, on the phone and she talked me through the options. I then went to the school to meet her and sign-up for the three day course.

The next day I arrived at 10am to a very friendly welcome. Kloy is charming and made me feel very relaxed,freeing me tea and coffee. The course itself was excellent and above and beyond my expectations. My instructor, Na, was great. Very funny but also extremely professional. She took the time to explain the different moves and because we had a one-on-one class, i got lots of massage from her too. She was very kind and spent extra time trying to sort my bad back out.

I was sad to see the end of my course, but very pleased to have done it. I learned a lot, had fun and met some great ladies. I was presented with a certificate and you get a comprehensive booklet with all the moves in so you can easily practise at home.

Ten out of ten! Thank you ladies for a fantastic course and fond memories of my time in Chiang Mai.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Went here for a massage as read good reviews. 1 hour massage for 200 baht about £5. Was the best massage I've ever had. It's just a row of bed separated by curtains. The ladies are amazing. After being cracked, snapped and massaged you get given a cup of tea. The owner is really nice and speaks very good English.

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

The courses at Sabai de Ka are a lot of fun with the friendly teachers and owner. They are also very educational and taught in good English. We had a really nice day and are looking forward to more practise. The salon is very comfortable and we felt like home really fast.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I did a 2 days thai massage course here this week. Kloy, the very kind owner, was not just super professional and caring (emails, welcome, etc), she really has the wonderful ability to make you feel comfortabel as soon as you meet her. My thai massage teacher (i had the luck to have 1:1 lessons), Na, was extremly funny and at the same time well organized with the book and step by step instructions. I enjoyed my thai massage course with her, as she showed me always a few steps of the massage and I repeat it after her. She was always giving advises on how you can make the massage more easy and showed me different approaches.

As I was really exhausted on my second day I had the chance to get an extra treatment for my really tight neck and back.

I learnt a lot of how to do a massage in general and I can now start to practice thai massage for my friends and family with this basic knowledge.

I really recommend the two days course for non professionals as I am, but with curiosity about thai massage and the wish to learn to practice thai massage. You get as well a diploma at the end of the course and a lot of fun pictures to remember your course.

Besides Kloy always welcomed me in the morning and after the lunch time with a coffee and water. The lunch time is one hour and you spend it as you wish to, so you can meet friends and a lot of good restaurants are very close to have lunch.

1  Thank piajoelle