“A MUST for every Gourmet in Chiang Mai”
Review of Latest Recipe

Latest Recipe
Ranked #234 of 2,069 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Latest Recipe Restaurant is perfectly located in the middle of the buzzling Night Bazar. This gives curious diners the perfect opportunity to explore fresh and safe food and also to discover the daily local Night Bazar.Latest Recipe offers a completely new, all-day dining experience with menus that are always changing, based on seasonal offerings and a passionate, forward-thinking approach.Patrons play an active role in the process of culinary discovery, proceeding to various stations throughout the restaurant and placing their orders directly with a chef, who employs the latest global cooking styles to create tempting and original world cuisine.A carve section features steaks, lamb chops and giant snapper fish; enjoy piping hot pizzas fresh from the oven or intriguing pasta dishes. An innovative Sunday Jazz Brunch is presented for the pleasure of our guests at Latest Recipe. Diners can enjoy delectable fare while the expressive sounds of a jazz band trio meander through the air.We are looking forward to welcoming you,your Latest Recipe Team
Zurich, Switzerland
“A MUST for every Gourmet in Chiang Mai”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I have spent 2 months in Chiang Mai on business. Friends of mine who have stayed in this vibrant city for a while highly recommended me to check out the Sunday brunch at the Latest Recipe at Chiang Mai's Le Méridien hotel. Food-savvy that I am, I directly went there on my first Sunday in town and returned whenever I could. Khun Peter, the executive Chef, personally prepared me a Swiss raclette which was doubtlessly the highlight of my brunch. But the food goes far beyond that, the outstanding buffet offers something for everyone's taste. The variety of food is incredibly vast and international with just the right local touch; from the freshest salmon sashimi, to the most tender roast beef with mushroom gravy, light and crispy vegetable tempura, vast selection of Asian curries, the finest of Swiss and French cheeses and a sweet tooth lover's dream of a dessert buffet - it is impossible to find fault with this Sunday brunch and would thoroughly recommend it to any fellow food lover! What's more, you definitely won't have to eat again until Monday morning cus the choice of options is just too great to narrow down. I also opted to return to the Latest Recipe for a quick dinner during the week and my previous experience got reinforced; I opted for the pumpkin-chestnut soup which was simply delicious. It came with a shrimp-bruschetta and warm, fresh French baguette. This soup soon became my Chiang Mai favourite and I enjoyed it various times during my stay. But the restaurant also does an equally tasty burger and has a great selection of Tapas at its bar. The value for money of this restaurant is hard to top for its competitors, the food quality is outstanding and the price very reflective of its quality. Staff are very attentive and friendly and make you feel at home even if you're enjoying a meal by yourself! As a cherry on top, the location of the restaurant is absolutely ideal for those who want to have a digestive stroll through Chiang Mai's famous Night Bazaar.

• Visited October 2012

• Korean first
  • Thai first
Zürich
“Great Sunday Lunch Buffet”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Every Sunday is a great buffet at this place with an incredible choice from all continents of the world, sushi, french cheese, Swiss raclette, shrimps, beef, lam, thai food or any thing you can imagine. It is full worth its price and well known in the area also by the locals.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank paul_wagner
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Excellent luxury buffet with good quality/price relationship”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Just to be clear, I have never stayed at the hotel but have been a frequent visitor to their 500 baht all you can eat buffet.

In my opinion, this is one of the best dining experiences in Chiang Mai at an excellent price for what you get. The all you can eat buffet comes with a huge variety of high quality choices, Thai, fusion, and international. They have a made to order pasta bar, sushi, salmon or lamb, breads, loads of Thai dishes, dessert bar with the best tiramisu I have tasted in a long time, and much, much more.

The ambiance at Le Meridien is absolutely beautiful, it's very luxurious.

The staff is friendly and for just 500 baht you get treated to true elegance. In Europe or the U.S. this buffet would be the equivalent of 2000 baht in many places.

I highly recommend going to the all you can eat buffet, it's well worth it!

USA
“Really good!!”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

While staying at the Le Meridien I saw the buffet special and the beef that they had oe the buffet that night. Didn't take me long to decide where to eat, and we usualy try to eat local always but this was too good to pass up and we were happy!
Beef was very good and I had plenty. I come from beef country and I love my beef! The sushi they had was decent, not a large selection but a few items, and they had some really good Thai salads. Other selections were very good also. really good decadent desert bar.
Needless to say I had my fill. All very good and well prepared.

• Visited March 2012
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent!”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I look forward to dining at 'Latest Recipe' at Le Meridien which is one of the reasons that we went back to Chiangmai for the 2nd time! We love the food! I would grade it equivalent to my favourite Oscars Restaurant in Conrad Singapore (the caesar salad is the same as Oscars and I had so many plates at Latest Recipe!!). Quality of food, cleanliness, presentation and service was nothing but excellent! I want to thank Exec Chef Peter and Restaurant Manager Michael for making time for me. It was my pleasure meeting you and to learn more about your restaurant (and yes the cakes! It was yummy!). I look forward very much to be back to Le Meridien Chiangmai! Hopefully soon again! I wish you guys a great time in Chiangmai! :) Enjoy Chiangmai!

P.S. We are glad that we make the right decision to stay at Le Meridien Chiangmai! Will be back!

• Visited March 2012