“Used to be "Bon" now "Bad Massage"”
Review of Bon Massage

Bon Massage
Ranked #94 of 210 Spas & Wellness in Chiang Mai
Vancouver, Canada
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Used to be "Bon" now "Bad Massage"”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

In 2012, I used to come to Bon Massage pretty much every other day for a month or two while living in Chiang Mai. The massages were always good, there were a few very good people and a few duds, like everywhere. This year, I was back and to my surprise, my girlfriend and I were able to get a massage right away. We were the only ones in there and of the 3 people plus the owner, I knew 2 of the masseuses. The one I got (new to me), was moderately ok, but my girlfriend had a terrible experience with hers. Unfortunately, those were the choices at that time. When I ask for the woman I had gotten massages from a year earlier, there didn’t seemed to be any recall of who she was, which was strange, as I’m sure my Thai isn’t that bad and last year I could get perpetual appointment with her no problem by phone. Sad to see mostly the duds survived there. Needles to say we didn’t go back.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Kevin B

Chiang Mai, Thailand
293 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 177 helpful votes
“Ask for 'Prani'”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Bon Massage is just one of so many very good massage parlours in Chiang Mai. As usual it really depends on who does the massage, although cleanliness, ambience and music all play their part, the MAIN factor must be the massage.

Prani is an excellent freelance masseuse who often works at Bon Massage and in my opinion you cannot get much better than her - 'Thai body' or 'oil'.

Visited April 2012
2 Thank chiangmaicharlies
Melbourne, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Offputting oil”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I went for a 1 hr oil massage. The atmosphere isn't that nice, for the price you can get much nicer atmosphere in places such as along ratchadamnoern road and a better massage also.
The massage was more of a rubbing oil over the body kind of massage, not really working any muscle.
The thing that bothered me was the smell of their oil, it reminded me of the cheap laundry powder satchets you buy that smells strongly of cheap lavender. I couldn't wait to wash it off as it smelt like I was covered in laundry detergent.

Visited April 2012
Sydney, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Lovely people, great massage”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Friendliest masseuses I've met. They really have put their heart into the business.

1 Thank Annexaviera
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“1 of 10 things to do in Chiang Mai... Try it!”
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Very nice place where take relaxing oil massage or very good thay massage!!

2 Thank Christian80Michi91