“Great place for a family long week-end!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of 137 Pillars House

137 Pillars House
Ranked #1 of 375 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Hong Kong, China
“Great place for a family long week-end!”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

The hotel is so nice, the surroundings are beautiful and quiet. The rooms are lovely and the staff is greatly helpful - in particular considering we were travelling with young children (4 and 1.5)... Would definitely go back!

Room Tip: We were in room 9 that is close to the reception and SPA. It was very calm and restful with little s...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
United States
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Prepare to be spoiled like you never have before....The resort does an amazing job making you feel like you have the entire place to your self. The service is exemplary & almost telepathic without being annoying. Everything is absolutely gorgeous and kept in perfect shape.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We escaped to Chiang Mai from Hong Kong for the long Easter weekend and had the most wonderful break at 137 Pillars. The hotel was stunning and the staff were all lovely and went out of their way to help us organise sightseeing, dinner reservations and spa bookings. Hands down this is one of the nicest hotels we have ever stayed at. Our room was huge with a gorgeous and huge four poster bed and a massive bathroom/dressing room with an indoor shower, indoor bath and outdoor shower. Within walking distance of the night market and buzzy restaurants and bars the hotel is in a great location and once you step through the gates it is amazingly peaceful and tranquil. And the pool was perfect for a cooling dip at the end of a long hot day sightseeing with a beautiful living wall. With lots of areas to lounge around outdoors comfortably we were loathe to go out in the evening but we managed to force ourselves out. Delicious breakfasts set us up for long busy days exploring the local area. We would return to 137 Pillars for another long weekend in a flash! The hotel is the perfect combination of heritage meets modern comfort within beautiful green grounds.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
France
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Fantastic hotel and staff. We spend five nights in this amazing boutique hotel. Rooms are spacious & wonderfull.The excursions were very well organised.
The thai cooking class with the hotel chef ZEK a must.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank Mr. C
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Very good bedding and comfy bed. High quality sound system with an iPod with tasteful music playlist, relaxing in mood. Staffs are all very helpful and good in english. Good choice of hotel in Chiang Mai.

Room Tip: Choose Garden View.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Taichung, Taiwan
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights( MAY01-04) . I reserved hotel airport transfer when I arriving CHIANG MAI airport. I wrote in my reservation letter very clearly that I took a international flight. When I arrived at the airport international exit ,I didn't find any one of this hotel. I waited for 30 minutes and I planned to take taxi (it's much cheaper than hotel's transfer). Finally I found the hotel's butler, she said she waited me at the domestic exit. Just say sorry , no compensation or further apologized.
I read some reviews in trip advisor , they suggest to avoid some room . Some rooms are noisy. I made a request for a very quiet room . The hotel replied me they arranged very quiet rooms for me and my parents. In the fact it's not true. I stay No.26 my parents No 27. There are some pubs or dancing clubs behind these rooms . They are very noisy especially after 11:00 pm. I have to wear my bose antinoisy headphone all night or I cannot sleep. I told to the hotel front desk but they have no idea about my complain.
This hotel is a unique hotel , but I never come back again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank stevenlai407
St. George, Bermuda
Reviewed May 3, 2014

We stayed in a suite for 5 nights in February 2014. A beautiful property with wonderful staff who made our stay memorable. Very convenient. We enjoyed "happy hour" every evening and the great fresh cooked breakfasts. A highlight of our trip to Chiang Mai, would thoroughly recommend this hotel as "not to be missed"

Room Tip: The extra for the suite is well worth the upgrade. Mosquitos are a way of life in Chiang Mai, howe...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple