“A Different Taste”

Nong Bee's Burmese Restaurant and Library
Ranked #322 of 2,040 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: Asian, Burmese
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Saugerties, New York, United States
“A Different Taste”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

I love their Tea Leaf Salad. I go for their Tea Leaf Salad & I have other good dishes but the Tea Leaf Salad is what sticks in my memory.

Visited January 2013

• Korean first
Kensington, Maryland
“Interesting Place....Although I Didn't See Any Books”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I wasn't very hungry by the time we made it here so all I had was the tomato salad. It tasted fresh & authentic and was pretty cheap. My fiance had some sort of chicken curry....a rather small portion, but I tasted it and it tasted good too. The restaurant feels more like a sidewalk stand with tables & chairs. Nothing elegant that's for sure and you'll def. notice that there are a lot of flies and other insects buzzing around. I'm also suspicious of the preparation/cleanliness of this place since I did have some bowel trouble later in the day/night after eating here....but since there were other consumables throughout the day I can't officially lay blame here. Overall, it was pretty good tasting food and it was cheap.

Visited December 2012
UK
“Fantastic no-frills Burmese cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

We love coming here as the food is utterly delicious and affordable. We had the pork and chicken curries with both the tamarind and tea leaf salads. It's worth just ordering a number of items from the menu and then sharing them, not being afraid to try something new.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank danstarr
Wellington
“Delicious, light and fresh”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

We ate here on a busy afternoon with just enough shade under the awning to sit out on the street. The chicken curry was delicious, although if you like a lot of meat you might want one each. And we loved the tamarind leaf salad, and the tea leaf and tomato salad - real depth of flavour but also light and tangy. This place is 20 mins by tuktuk from where we are staying, and we are already thinking about a return visit.

• Visited December 2012
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Great salads”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2012

Very light and delicious salads. Curries are good too. I like the tamarind salad best but the tea leaf and tomato salads are good too. Sometimes they don't have things on the menu like milk tea, Shan fried rice, etc........a nice place for a quick cheap bite to eat and quite healthy if you like salad with a little bit of rice.

• Visited February 2012