“nice hotel, convenient location”
Review of de Rachamanka

de Rachamanka
Ranked #134 of 775 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Conveniently located in the old centre this hotel is a great place from where you can explore the city. Close to various temples and just around the corner of the Sunday "walking street" evening market. We booked a deluxe room, which was fairly roomy with basic funishing. Bed was a bit springy but otherwise okay.
The room was clean and serviced every day. The plumbing was a bit off because when the shower or sink was used a stark odour of raw sewage was released. It went away after a minute or so and didn't last when not in use.
We had no WiFi reception in our room although internet connection provided was fast and stable downstairs.
Very helpful and friendly manager.
This hotel is fairly new and not all taxi and tuktuk drivers know where to find it. We've been taken to the luxurious 5star "The Rachamanka" hotel by mistake on the western end of Rachamanka road.
Nice hotel, fair price, convenient location.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for de Rachamanka

Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

We were warmly welcomed in this small, yet lovely decorated hotel. The rooms are as shown on the pictures- you get what you pay for. Everything is in good condition and Management is open for comments. If you are not sure where to go in chiang mai, ask and you will get great advice- restaurants, sights, tours. You can even book directly at the hotel. We had a good time!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I have never written a TripAdvisor review, but this place deserves to be talked up! This hotel was exactly what I needed. It's located only a few minutes walk to both Wat Chedi Luang and Wat Pra Singh and about a twenty minute walk to the night bazaar. The rooms were pretty basic, but extremely clean. The beds were also really comfortable. I have to say though, one of the best things about this hotel is the staff. Each one of them did everything in their power to make my stay as enjoyable as possible and genuinely cared about how I was doing. The owner gave me all kinds of advice as to what to do during my stay and helped me book all of my tours. If I ever come back to Chiang Mai, I will definitely be coming back here!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Came from a larger hotel in Chinatown that was the worst we had ever seen. Hoping we would end up in a better place and we were not disappointed.

The owner is the manager so cares about the reputation of his hotel. He was onsite most of the time and was very helpful. Helped us with tours, car hire and more.

The rooms are basic but at the price very good value for money. The Sunday Markets are a stonesthrow away. Would come back.

Room Tip: Sunday Markets are just around the corner and are stalled by real Thais unlike the other markets
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank machine2011
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Just like at home! I liked this hotel very much. The host and hostess were very enthusiasm and helpful. The hotel is located in the middle of old city, this area is very quiet and comfortable, and the Wat Chedi Luang is next to it, I liked the host and hostess, And if you want to enjoy the Sunday market, it's only steps there. Someday, they invited my wife and son to go to shopping and have fun with her two lovely daughters. We stayed there four days, just felt we were at home. It's a definitely wonderful vacation. I will still stay there if I go to Chiangmai next time.

Room Tip: small but lovely and practical room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I really liked de Rachamanka. The hotel is ideally located in the old town, the room was nice, clean and comfortable and the staff and owner very helpful. I have no hesitation to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We initially booked for 2 nights and then stayed for another week. Everybody at the hotel went out of their way to make our stay comfortable. Nothing we asked for was too much like Thai breakfast and extra towels. The hotel is also very centrally located. We will definitely return to this hotel and recommend it wholeheartedly.

Room Tip: Try to book a room at the front, as there is a high school near the back.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple