“Great clean and friendly”
Review of Deejai Backpackers

Deejai Backpackers
Ranked #113 of 888 Specialty Lodging in Chiang Mai
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Loved this place. The staff were very helpful and accomodating.
The food was really good and good prices!
Very short walk to Sunday Walking Street
Rob (the owner?) was ready to answer any questions and helped any time something wasn't right

The pool table was a nice touch and good fun way to socialize

• Stayed: May 2013
There are newer reviews for Deejai Backpackers

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We lived in new dorm rooms whit 3 bed. We had read good reviews about this place. Мery European place, friendly staff. Our room looked very clean! Everything is new! And just 3 beds, we were thrilled! But the evening was very noisy, we were looking for a place to sleep, it's a little embarrassed us. But the worst was at night... I felt that I had someone crawls! In the morning I found on my body a lot of red dots! I'm very scared. I never seen before biting bugs. My sheets had a small bloody spots! My friends and staff said it BUGS!!! It was awful. Our room was cleaned special steam engine which is used in the clinic. But the next morning I found a new bite((( We were moved to another room, we got a free cleaning of all clothing and a small discount. But an excellent first impression was irreparably damaged. And the bad memories do not make me go back there again.
If you want to find new friends and enjoy noisy nights and more lucky than me. This is the place for you!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank eeelkooo
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I only planned to stay three nights in Chiang Mai but than I met such a lot of great people at Deejai that I stayed longer and we made some trips together. It is so easy to meet other travellers at that place and the staff helps out if you have any questions, or want to book something. Otherwise you can check your E-Mails in the lounge (wifi doesn't work in the rooms) or just hang out in the garden.

The location is good as well and you can reach the most important places in the city while walking (or you take a tuktuk). I shared my room with two other people and it was really basic, but okay for sleeping. Because my room was on the third floor it never was loud and I could sleep well.
For me it was a great place to stay, but if you are looking for an accomondation more hotel-like you should go somewhere else, because this is a backpacking-place :)

Room Tip: get a room on the higher levels because it is more quiet
Reviewed May 22, 2013

1) Location is int he old city and easy to find, as I walked there.
2)Customer service was great and very informative. Spoke great english
3)Sleeped in a dorm of 3 and very small (tight) with own bathroom
4)Cleanliness was average in the room
5) Bathroom was above basic
6)Wifi was good, down stairs in the main reception, which also had 2 spare PC's to use. Cool and relax breakout area.
7)I found to be noisy late at night... More for party people.

Room Tip: Party place
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I stayed here twice this year first time in January (middle of peak season) and the second time in May (a few weeks before wet season).

During the peak season the hostel became very social and was a good place for solo travellers to meet lots of different people. There were several outdoor areas including several hammocks, a fireplace, a bamboo hut, a tree house, bar and pool table. Each night there was a good crowd of people to hang out with.

However in May the place wasn't as social, It was too hot for the Fireplace and there were less people so there were less gatherings in the courtyard. A nice place to be if you want some quite time though!

So if you come Dec-Feb its social and buzzing. In May-Oct its quieter.

The rooms are good value and clean, the cheapest (99baht) are 3 person dorms, a little older and on the bottom floor but they tend to be cooler. The ones on the upper floors have had some renovation and are quite nice.

The wifi doesn't reach most rooms but the communal area is great with bean bags, tables and couches, another aspect of the social atmosphere.

The two english blokes that run the place, Adam with the long hair, and Rob with the goatee, are really friendly and helpful if you need any info.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Jason and I had a comfortable time here. They were well priced, clean and in the right location. The toilet was clean, and very well kept. They do not clean the rooms till you check out, but you can request at the reception if you need them too. We decided to leave our bags here for a few days while we were at Pai, and they took care of it for us. Even allowed us to freshen up in the common bathroom when we came back briefly to collect the bags. It's also a very good place to meet new friends. (We stayed in the private air con room)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

This is a great place, Nice and clean, the staff is friendly, the location is good - and if you want to meet other backpackers this is the place to hang out :)
The foodprices are a bit too high, but nobody forces you to eat here :)
The doorms aren't that good, but i only slept there, so i don't really care :)
All in all i really liked it here :)

• Stayed: May 2013