All reviews muesli old city queen size bed kad suan kaew thai experience other guests khao soi quiet street banana pancakes breakfast was included sticky rice the ground floor a wonderful stay room was large spent nights ayutthaya guesthouse
Reviewed January 15, 2017 via mobile

1) location really good, close to ChiangMai old town square (15min walk) and Maya shopping center (20); easili accespible by car; unfortunatelly street is quite busy; all surroindings are full of rabish (why Thai people do not clean it)!
2) quality of the rooms is rather typically Thai - often looks nicer then in fact is; really do not understand why in guesthouse someone equips room with tube with hydromassage; noone uses, it is not practical and looks dirty inside;
3) we experiencee 2 rooms - Ayuthaya and ChiangMai; first - really horrible; no real window, bathrooms with no roof; second one - nicer, more specious, what we've seen the nicest in gh
4) rooms are cleaned everyday, but never fully cleaned;
5) excellent!! Beakfasts and not only; many dishes from manu is more than recommended! Papaya salad, best in Chiang Mai!
6) overall service - really good, always welcomes you with juice/ drink;) always helpful;

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Przemek Z
munee68, Owner at Seven Senses Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2017

Dear Przemek Z

Thank you for your comment.
We are so glad that you like our service and our breakfast.
It is with immense pleasure and a great honored to have chance to serve you at Seven Senses Guesthouse.
It is with great regret that you had some disappointing with us too, I can assure you that these issues will be addressed, some of which have already.
Kind regards,

Reviewed December 20, 2016 via mobile

We spent two days here as a way to recover from our flight. Now we wish we had booked all our nights in Chiang Mai here. It is just outside the old city walls but the red trucks come by all the time so it is very accessible to all the sights

It is a peaceful retreat from the bustle of the city. We only ordered Thai food for breakfast but the servings were huge and delicious.

Everything is beautiful. The staff are warm and friendly. The rooms are huge, full of character and comfortable. If you have the chance to stay here you will love it

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
munee68, Owner at Seven Senses Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2017

Thank you for your comments. We are grateful and glad that you have had good time with us at Seven Senses Guesthouse.
We will use your comments to encourage us to provide excellence.
Seven Senses staff and management are proud of our service and our authentic Thai guesthouse.

Welcome back
Munee.

Reviewed August 27, 2016

Most of my travels involve Hotel or Resort accommodation. What a breath of fresh air a stay at Seven Senses was. The room was large and beautifully themed, cool with a TV and cable access to stay in touch. The staff are fantastic with amazing service and assistance. They all speak English which is a bonus and all have great local knowledge. Make sure you eat here, the breakfast and dinners are simply amazing, muesli, boiled rice and noodles were delicious. Did I mention the huge spa in our room and the lovely new swimming pool. Thank you a for a wonderful stay, I'll be back next time in Chaing Mai.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank David B
munee68, Owner at Seven Senses Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2016

Thank you for your comment.
We are so glad that you like us and it is with immense pleasure and a great honour to welcome you back to Seven Senses Guesthouse.

With regards,

Reviewed July 19, 2016 via mobile

Firstly, the arrival was wonderful. Jan is a very nice lady and was very warm in her welcome. Don't listen to the people who say it's hard to find. It's easy if you have a mobile phone with a map app which I think is pretty normal these days...
On the top edge of the old town near the junction with the road to Doi Suthep. It would be 5 minutes in a taxi from Thapae gate, and was 10 mins from the airport.
We stayed in the Bangkok suite, which at 1600 b including breakfast I thought was good value. The same room in the high season is 4000 apparently. Not quite such good value but such is the way in Thailand over those months.
Decor nice, and lovely little finishing touches...traditional but funky at the same time.
2 most important things on my agenda. .quiet and comfort. Comfort scores a 9. Quiet and efficient air conditioning, huge and comfy bed (2 large singles pushed together but made up as a double on my booking request ) with superb so from pillows , no black out curtains, but stayed dark enough to not be awoken at 6am. This room has a huge jacuzzi bath which was nice to chill in after a long motorbike ride.
Was quiet all night until the workmen started.... but not too early...They are currently building a small swimming pool.
Check out is a little early at 11 am
Breakfast was ok if not a little bland. Has to be pre ordered the day before and can be served up to 11am which is a nice touch. Asian and western foods. Someone near us had the Khao Soi which looked amazing (and big!)
The coffee is lovely and I was given a free second cup.
All in all one of the nicest places I've stayed in Chiang mai and I would definitely recommend it, especially if travelling there in the low season.
Book directly through their website to save a little money too.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank jimbo1969crawley

Thank you for your comment.
We are so glad that you like our service ,chef is very happy that you like his brekfast too.
It is with immense pleasure and a great honour to welcome you back to Seven Senses Guesthouse.

With regards,

Reviewed May 26, 2016

The room was very nice but it was one of the main suites at higher cost. A room I was shown earlier actually did not have glass on the windows and all the heat was coming in. The suite is fine and an open air bathroom was a first. In the beginning I was a bit apprehensive but I slowly got used to it and indeed I do like it. The bed is large and comfortable. The main issues is with the woodwork, all doors are basically warped and do not close easily. The wooden door leading to the fridge had to be kicked to remain closed. The general feel is good, the breakfast is sufficient, and the people just keep smiling. BUT, a lady tried to get out of bed last night, slipped as she stepped on the mosquito net and fell to the floor breaking her hand!! So there are major dangers lurking behind the seemingly pleasant arrangements. The wooden floors are very slippery, indeed I had a few slips myself wearing socks and took extra care when descending the stairs to the main reception. They are only good for naked feet am afraid. I was stunned at how easily the hotel management avoided their responsibility in this major accident absolutely caused by the shiny wooden floor and the mosquito net. Without the accident I would rate it 4 but with the accident eventuating it at 3 is very high!

Room tip: Just take care not to slip on the floor - do not wear socks - walk barefooted.
Date of stay: May 2016