All reviews muesli old city queen size bed thai experience quiet street banana pancakes sticky rice the ground floor a wonderful stay spent nights hot water ayutthaya guesthouse suite renovation ac
Reviewed August 27, 2016

Most of my travels involve Hotel or Resort accommodation. What a breath of fresh air a stay at Seven Senses was. The room was large and beautifully themed, cool with a TV and cable access to stay in touch. The staff are fantastic with amazing service and assistance. They all speak English which is a bonus and all have great local knowledge. Make sure you eat here, the breakfast and dinners are simply amazing, muesli, boiled rice and noodles were delicious. Did I mention the huge spa in our room and the lovely new swimming pool. Thank you a for a wonderful stay, I'll be back next time in Chaing Mai.

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple
2  Thank David B
munee68, Owner at Seven Senses Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2016

Thank you for your comment.
We are so glad that you like us and it is with immense pleasure and a great honour to welcome you back to Seven Senses Guesthouse.

With regards,
Munee

Reviewed July 19, 2016 via mobile

Firstly, the arrival was wonderful. Jan is a very nice lady and was very warm in her welcome. Don't listen to the people who say it's hard to find. It's easy if you have a mobile phone with a map app which I think is pretty normal these days...
On the top edge of the old town near the junction with the road to Doi Suthep. It would be 5 minutes in a taxi from Thapae gate, and was 10 mins from the airport.
We stayed in the Bangkok suite, which at 1600 b including breakfast I thought was good value. The same room in the high season is 4000 apparently. Not quite such good value but such is the way in Thailand over those months.
Decor nice, and lovely little finishing touches...traditional but funky at the same time.
2 most important things on my agenda. .quiet and comfort. Comfort scores a 9. Quiet and efficient air conditioning, huge and comfy bed (2 large singles pushed together but made up as a double on my booking request ) with superb so from pillows , no black out curtains, but stayed dark enough to not be awoken at 6am. This room has a huge jacuzzi bath which was nice to chill in after a long motorbike ride.
Was quiet all night until the workmen started.... but not too early...They are currently building a small swimming pool.
Check out is a little early at 11 am
Breakfast was ok if not a little bland. Has to be pre ordered the day before and can be served up to 11am which is a nice touch. Asian and western foods. Someone near us had the Khao Soi which looked amazing (and big!)
The coffee is lovely and I was given a free second cup.
All in all one of the nicest places I've stayed in Chiang mai and I would definitely recommend it, especially if travelling there in the low season.
Book directly through their website to save a little money too.

Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jimbo1969crawley
munee68, Owner at Seven Senses Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2017

Thank you for your comment.
We are so glad that you like our service ,chef is very happy that you like his brekfast too.
It is with immense pleasure and a great honour to welcome you back to Seven Senses Guesthouse.

With regards,
Munee

Reviewed May 26, 2016

The room was very nice but it was one of the main suites at higher cost. A room I was shown earlier actually did not have glass on the windows and all the heat was coming in. The suite is fine and an open air bathroom was a first. In the beginning I was a bit apprehensive but I slowly got used to it and indeed I do like it. The bed is large and comfortable. The main issues is with the woodwork, all doors are basically warped and do not close easily. The wooden door leading to the fridge had to be kicked to remain closed. The general feel is good, the breakfast is sufficient, and the people just keep smiling. BUT, a lady tried to get out of bed last night, slipped as she stepped on the mosquito net and fell to the floor breaking her hand!! So there are major dangers lurking behind the seemingly pleasant arrangements. The wooden floors are very slippery, indeed I had a few slips myself wearing socks and took extra care when descending the stairs to the main reception. They are only good for naked feet am afraid. I was stunned at how easily the hotel management avoided their responsibility in this major accident absolutely caused by the shiny wooden floor and the mosquito net. Without the accident I would rate it 4 but with the accident eventuating it at 3 is very high!

Room Tip: Just take care not to slip on the floor - do not wear socks - walk barefooted.
  • Stayed: May 2016, traveled on business
3  Thank Michael H
Reviewed May 4, 2016

I stayed in the single room, which was just perfect for my solo trip in Chiang Mai. The room was super cute and had everything I needed, including all the things I forgot to bring with me. It has a lot of character, and I really felt like I was getting a nice Thai experience by staying in the room and the guesthouse. The food for breakfast was great - there's a wide variety of menu options to choose from and all are fresh and healthy and prepared just for you. The service is wonderful. After each hot day exploring Chiang Mai city, I'd arrive back to a welcomed glass of freshly chilled mango juice. The staff gave me great tips on places near by to check out too. I loved the location of the hotel. Its just outside the city walls, with lots of great Thai food and cafes in the local neighbourhood and in easy walking distance to the up and coming Nimman area too.

Room Tip: For solo traveller, the single room is a great budget choice - very nice with lots of conveniences
  • Stayed: May 2016, traveled solo
1  Thank hollycopter
Reviewed May 2, 2016

We stayed in this hotel for two days. The location is is quite well but it not easy to find. The first time we went there, it took half an hour by taxi from Tapei Gate. Not many people know this place. However, when you know where it it, you can find it easily by motorbike.
The most impressive thing is that the person in this hotel are so warm and sweetheart. After check-in, the girl brought a map of Chiang Mai to give us some recommendation for sightseeing. After that, she gave us two breakfast menus, one is American and one is local food. We can choose one set for next day's breakfast. Besides, they provided free fresh juice for us once we came back to hotel.
As for the room, there are only 7 rooms in the hotel, which have different style. Different room represents different city in Thailand. The equipments in the room are all nice.
We really enjoy staying there.

• Stayed: January 2016, traveled as a couple