All reviews muesli old city queen size bed kad suan kaew thai experience other guests khao soi quiet street banana pancakes sticky rice the ground floor a wonderful stay room was large spent nights ayutthaya guesthouse suite
Reviewed August 11, 2015 via mobile

My friends and I booked two rooms for four nights at the seven senses and were given the Bangkok deluxe room and the Chiang Mai jacuzzi suite. We had taken the over night train from Bangkok so arrived too early to check in but they were happy for us to leave our bags and gave us a map and a bit of an intro to the city. First impressions were excellent- it's a very pretty boutique style b&b, tastefully decorated and the staff we met were friendly and knowledgable.

We headed into town to explore and discovered that it was a bit of a trek to most of the areas that you would want to visit. Although Seven Senses is right on the edge of the old town, most of the popular temples, bars, restaurants and markets are either in the heart of or over the other side of the old town, hence you're looking at a 30-60 minute walk or a 120-150 Baht tuk tuk ride to get anywhere. Incidentally pretty much all the taxis ("red cars") and of course the tuk tuks are open sided which is quite fun at first but the volume of traffic on some of the roads and the pollution it produces can make it quite an unpleasant experience.

Anyway, returning to the hotel to check in, we found the rooms were really nice- each with its own character. Bangkok had a big bed, sofa area and spacious bathroom with rain shower. There's a well stocked mini bar and TV with some English channels. Chiang Mai didn't have the sofa area but was still spacious although the bathroom only had the jacuzzi bath with a shower attachment (and no curtain).

Over the course of our stay we discovered a couple of small problems- the air con in my room seemed to stop working, and there was a rather loud cockerel that was crowing from about 5am fairly close to my room, both of which slightly impeded the perfect nights sleep.

Staff were very friendly and eager and mostly spoke good English. Overall we liked the hotel but the location means it won't necessarily be for everyone.

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed June 28, 2015 via mobile

Great place to stay and the owner and the girls who run it really couldn't do enough. From the great orientation to the fresh drinks when you are arrive back top notch all round

Would love to see the fancy rooms!

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank naughtb4
Reviewed May 26, 2015 via mobile

Lovely guest house. Safe and convenient. Rooms clean and airy. In the evening staff de-mosquito rooms w a zapper and unveil the mosquito netting around your bed. Its located behind the YWCA w good vegetarian restaurant near by.Easy to hail a Song Thaew city taxi for trips into the old quarter or trendy Nimmanhaemin St. for only 20baht. Owner is kind lady and super helpful w tips and will organize tours for you at a good price. Breakfast is huge and very delicious! I'm so glad I stayed here.

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 26, 2015

My stay at Seven Senses was fantastic. The room was quiet and spacious, the hosts knowledgeable and helpful and the location convenient. The property is located away from the very touristy area of Chiang Mai but still close by the city walls, so you can escape the busy-ness of the town but be close enough to enjoy it when you want to. Breakfast at the guesthouse was phenomenal and I still dream of the fruit and yogurt muesli bowl they served. I would highly recommend this guesthouse to anyone who wants an authentic Thai house and likes a quiet refuge on their holiday.

Room tip: Downstairs room where I stayed was dark, but had a nice fresh air sitting area.
Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 18, 2015

first time I decided to use a guesthouse while traveling and I was not disappointed.. the owner Khun Munee was a ray of sunshine when we checked in. There was a problem for our first night, no a/c in room, boy was it hot. It could have gone hill from here but Khun Munee listened to my concern and worked hard to make amends. Her actions turned this review from bad to excellent. Wanted to stay one additional night but sadly they were full for the next week, now I understand.

Room tip: book a suite, they are all designed differently, very roomy and lovely....
Date of stay: May 2015