All reviews muesli old city queen size bed thai experience quiet street banana pancakes sticky rice the ground floor a wonderful stay spent nights hot water ayutthaya guesthouse suite renovation ac
Reviewed April 18, 2015 via mobile

It a very good for stay 2night in Chiang Mai. I feel very happy for all time in this place. Very clean and quite and good service for all staff. The location it good to go to any place in downtown Chiang Mai.
i very enjoy and relax to stay in this hotel. I will stay this hotel when i have a chance next time to Chiang Mia.

Stayed: February 2015, traveled on business
3  Thank anucha2000
Reviewed April 15, 2015 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights during Songkran in April and loved it. The rooms are full of character and we loved the 'homely' feel of the place. The staff were amazing, always there to offer us help and advice and were just really friendly people. There were quite a few mosquitos but that is to be expected when so close to water from the moat around the old city. I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: April 2015, traveled with friends
3  Thank TomYamTraveller
Reviewed April 10, 2015

I wrote this review once before, but for unknown reasons it was not published, so I am writing this again. This B&B is horrible...I checked about its ranking before I booked it, but when you arrived it was completely a different story. Once we entered the room, we saw mosquitos and we asked the staff to help kill the mosquitos. However, when we went back to the room later at night, we had to borrow a "kit" to kill 3 more mosquitos! Insects are everywhere...there were endless ants surrounding the mirror. There were only few facilities in the room provided. The temperature of water was unstable. We ended up going to take a shower in another SPA hotel the other night. There were no partition between the shower area and the toilet or basin, so the bathroom got completely wet after taking a shower, which made it even more inconvenient to even use the toilet or basin.
Despite the above negative comments, the breakfast was surprisingly good. It was tasty. However, we had to order it the day before. One day, we arrived there at night, there was no reception and we hadn't received any meal the next morning. So remember to order the breakfast in advance. (But you cannot reserve a meal 2 days before.)
Overall, I would never recommend this place. When I went back to trip advisor and double-checked the comments again, I found the latest comments were posted nearly a year ago. Probably there was something wrong with the system. So check the dates of the comments before you decide to book one.

Room Tip: Do not book this if you are AFRAID OF INSECTS
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank penguin_da
munee68, เจ้าของธุรกิจ at Seven Senses Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2015

As the owner of Seven Senses Guest House, it is with great regret that you had a disappointing stay with us, I can assure you that now I am in attendance full time, these issues will be addressed, some of which have already.
Kind regards

Munee

Reviewed April 3, 2015

Wow! this boutique little guest house stands out from the rest. Having stayed at many guest houses throughout Thailand this one was a standout. After travelling around further north staying at some very average lodgings we decided to stay in comfort on the last leg of our journey. The guest house is around the corner from the mote area near RAM Hospital down a relatively quiet street. This place has heaps of character with each of the guest rooms decorated to a theme of different parts of Thailand. We stayed in the Bangkok room which was a very pleasant change to what we had been used too. Communication was easy with the very diligent staff and English speaking owner most welcoming a very helpful, their advice on Chiang Mai's attractions saved us a lot of time and transport to and from the guest house was a breeze, we could also walk to many places like shopping centres, markets, restaurants, massage and fitness centre.
The chef was understanding of our food requirements and nothing was too hard for him, food was great, with heaps of variety and flavor although I think I over did it on his amazing deserts. We felt we were treated like part of the owners family at Seven Senses and were sad to leave, but this was a nice touch to the end of our adventure.

• Stayed: March 2015, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FarangDan
Reviewed March 14, 2015

Staff were friendly, the place could have been cleaner as when we arrived the bathroom flooded and we had to ask for the plug to be cleaned. Lots of mosquitoes but with a large net, they were kept at bay. The aircon worked well. A major drawback is that only a curtain separate the bedroom from the bathroom. Not really pleasant when one goes to the toilets, but we coped. Why not a sliding door?
Breakfast was extremely generous and good.
Hotel is well located within walking distance to the old city.

Room Tip: Perhaps not the I-san room if you don't want a flimsy curtain separating the bedroom from the bathroom!
  • Stayed: February 2015, traveled as a couple