“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #87 of 381 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Odda, Hordaland, Norway
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed here with my girlfriend for my whole trip, about 12 days, and I don't regret it. The staff was great, the hotel looks great and the rooms were also good. Apart from some distance between the hotel and the city, the hotel lived up to every expectation. About 10 min with tuk-tuk and costs 100 baht (150 with taxi). They also have free shuttle service at the hotel at specific times.

So in short the food was great, staff was great, hotel was great, rooms was great, swimming pools was great, view was great. All in all a great experience ;)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Northern_chiangmai, Manager at Sheik Istana Hotel, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear Our valued guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking your valuable time to share your feedback here on TripAdvisor.

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your holidays so much. I will share with our team your comments about their positive attitude towards the costumers which is one of our principles in Sheik Istana Hotel.

I really look forward to welcoming both of you in your next visit.

Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Beautiful hotel next to the ping river, great views and stunning room decor...there were even gold leaves on the ceiling! The bed was more than comfy, room service amazing, and barthroom very romantic. The breakfast was great, shuttle service was OK...and it's a bit outside of the old city so we had to pay around 100 baht each way...it was worth it for the hotel though.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear our value guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about Sheik Istana Hotel.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay. I would also like to thank you for sharing your observations with us as this gives us the opportunity to make improvements and thus offer all our guests better service

I appreciate your kind comments on our services and hope we may welcome you again in the near future.

Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed there for 7 nights for my vacation by myself. The visit of Chiang Mai was the first trip to Thailand for me. I had no idea what Thailand was until the visit. One of the staff, experienced staff was very helpful to me. He helped me to buy SIM card on the way to the hotel from the airport, arranged me English speaking woman driver and so on. Thank him very much. The manager and all the staff are friendly, some of them don't speak English well, but English speaking staff helped me well. The bouthque hotel is not large, so the manager and staff know who is the hotel guest always. It is safe and comfortable single traveler. It is not walking distance to the famous old town, and they have shuttle bus service few times a day.
I stayed Deluxe room then, and house-keeping is excellent. They kept my room very clean always. The only thing I was embarrassed was the noise of air-conditioner. I hope they have quiet air-conditioner next time. I hope the new hotel will be prosperious and matured.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Northern_chiangmai, Manager at Sheik Istana Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Customer,

Thank you for sharing such a good comment about your stay with us.

In particular, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed the leisure activities proposed by our animation team and that our staff managed to put you at easy. We really take care about our guest’s needs and desires, being our main purpose making you feel well assisted.

We assure you that we will continue working to improve your next experience with us.

Hong Kong
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Even if we are not on "honeymoon", we bought the honeymoon package. The package is very attractive and is offered during the low-season. I have stayed the first two nights at sheik Istana Hotel while the last two nights at Aruntara. when compared, I prefer sheik Istana Hotel because of quietness and facing to the riverside.

We stayed in the deluxe room with pantry but without any cooking utensils, it is very spacious and has a balcony facing to the river.
The breakfast was great, we can choose whatever we like in the menu. This is a nice meal even better that than of the romantic dinner offered in the package.
My friend and I enjoyed an 1-hour oil massage very much, the staff was very skillful and performed much better than that of "Cheeva".
We do not join the half-day trip in the package, it was a trip to the temple at the mountain.
Shuttle bus is great!! I took it to the night bazaar at 6:30pm and the shuttle bus picked us up at 9:30pm. On Sat, to the sat night bazaar while to the sun night bazaar on sun. Relatively, the night bazaar from Mon to Fri is not so attractive when compared to those on sat and sun. At 9am and 1pm, they also arrange shuttle bus to nearby, but one way only.

shortcoming ; the package included a "romantic dinner", I have arranged that we should have a dinner at 5pm. We arrived at the restaurant at 5pm, the waitress totally had no ideas on our arrangement even if we have claimed clearly our package including a dinner and room number. After 20 mins, she started to understand what is happening and serve the appetizer, mussels which were prepared for our dinner at 5pm was cold....

opening hour of Sauna from 4-8pm only, very disappointed

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Customer,

Firstly, I would like to say thank you very much for your review and we are really do apologies for all of inconvenient during your stay.
We will continue working to improve our services following your comments and would have pleasure in welcoming you again in the nearest future.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Great design, nice view and very good service... I stayed here for 3 night with my wife and my parent. Please don't forget to try Moroccan style food at restaurant at night. You will experience Thailand nice pagoda along the Mae Ping river.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Customer,

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will continue working to improve our services and would have pleasure in welcoming you again in the nearest future.

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed September 14, 2012

This was really an outstanding hotel experience for us! If you like luxurious rooms, tasty food and a staff that goes beyond the standard, then this one is for you. It is a Morrocan themed hotel and restaurant (but they serve European, Morrocan and Thai food). The service excellence started at the airport. Our driver met us with an easy to find sign right at the luggage area and then drove us in a BMW to our hotel ( a short 10 minute ride). Upon our arrival we were met with smiles and tea as they handled our early check in without issue. In a word, the room was "perfect!" Stylishly appointed and complete with complimentary snacks, tea/coffee and water...and most importantly powerful AC! We were on a multi location trip and were only staying one night, but needed laundry service. Although the info book stated laundry service took 24 hours, the hotel provided us same day service without extra charge. They also helped fix a big issue for us when our dinner reservation at a local kantoke restaurant fell through. Multiple people sprung into action finding us another restaurant at the time we wanted and arranged transportation to and from the location. Throughout the process they kept us informed of progress and were really overly accommodating. Lastly, we were set to be picked up very early the next morning by our tour guide (prior to breakfast). Without us asking, the hotel prepared two brown-bag breakfasts for us! We did a couples massage at the hotel and it was great too. The only draw back there was the small amount of time allotted for us to drink the tea they provided (about 20 seconds...but this seemed to happen at every place we got a massage, so it might be a Thai thing). The only bad thing we could find in this hotel was no ATM was in or near the hotel, and we had to walk about 300 meters down a road with no sidewalk to get to one.

Really great customer service in a beautiful location. If we ever go back to Chang Mai this is where we will stay without question!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Sheik Istana Hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed all our services and felt so well attended to by our staff. I will share with our team your comments about their positive attitude towards the costumers which is one of our principles in Sheik Istana Hotel

I really look forward to welcoming you in your next visit.

Beaconsfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights and would say it is a very nice hotel by the river. Rooms are spacious, the pools and grounds are beautiful. Staff on the front desk were great and couldn't be more helpfull. The downsides: breakfast is not good and we had a lunch and evening meal there which was OK.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Customer,

Firstly, I would like to say thank you very much for your review and we are really do apologies for all of inconvenient during your stayed with us. About your concern with the taste of breakfast, I will pass your message to whom concern.

However, we are truly happy that you are quite enjoy to stay with us.We are truthfully do hope to welcoming you back.