“Nice quiet hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Sheik Istana Hotel
Ranked #79 of 374 Hotels in Chiang Mai
“Nice quiet hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights in the beginning of august .It probably was low season as there were hardly any other guests here. Great deal from Agoda. Hotel is beautiful. Nice rooms and bathrooms. Only given one key Card which had to be in the slot for electrics to work,so if you left the room for a short while all electrics and aircon are reset. Cant keep your laptop/mobile charging. Also the Aircon seemed to have only one speed, fast, could be a bit annoying. Rooms were nice and clean and a fitting decor for the hotels theme. Pool area was also nice and the pool was clean.They had two pools, and the smaller pool is near the restaurant (Marakech) and seemed abandoned.The gymnasium was well equipped and beside the main pool. The bathroom and steam room by the gym were not as well cared for as the rest of the hotel.
The restaurant,Marakech was set out nicely by the river. We only had breakfast there and it was bordering on adequate. Service, although friendly was not of a good standard. Definite room for improvement which I'm sure they will work on.
The staff were very pleasant, friendly and willing to please although we did have communication problems at times.
The area around the hotel also has a couple of good restaurants and bars.
The hotel provides transportation into town and to the night bazzar free of cost. You may also organize a taxi through the hotel if their timing does not suit you. They also have a airport pickup and drop of for B200.
All in all a great stay and would recommend it to people who are looking for a quieter getaway

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Wadex
Pichaya R, Manager at Sheik Istana Hotel, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

Firstly, we are really do apologise for all of inconvenient during your stayed with us.

We would also like to thank you for sharing your observations with us as this gives us the opportunity to make improvements and thus offer all our guests better service.

Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

The Hotel is really new and perfectly decorated outside (the garden is a painting on the river) and inside the room are very well equipped, all the amenities you can expect from a high standard hotel and this oriental arabic style make you feel as a sheik! Restaurant food is pretty good and the room service was perfect and fast,We really enjoy come back to the hotel jump in the pool and relax in the herbas steam and then have dinner on the sofa of the room after a long day outside. The staff is professional and really friendly and speak good english. Go back again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Sheik Istana Hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed all our services and felt so well attended to by our staff.
I really look forward to welcoming both of you in your next visit.

Regards,
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

Very beautiful hotel with nice river view and i can see Vieng Kum Kam (a historic place) from our terrace. I travel to Chiang Mai every year and never stay in the same hotel but I will go back to this hotel. Stuffs are very helpful and have service mind. The location is quite far from old town and nimmamhemin but this can trade with peaceful river view and free shuttle.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Northern_chiangmai, Manager at Sheik Istana Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Dear Khun Apichaya,

Thank you for sharing your comments about us.
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay. I will share with our team your comments about their positive attitude towards the costumers which is one of our principles in Sheik Istana Hotel.

With my best regards,
Management
Charleston, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

I want to go back so badly. I miss it so much. We've spent a month in Southeast Asia and our stay at Sheik Istana was the best 5 days of the trip. The service is wonderful. Everyone is so accommodating and will do anything that they can to make your experience better. My shirt was wrinkled so they sent up an iron and ironing board and it was in my room in less than 2 minutes. It was truly an amazing place with wonderful people working there. I miss it so much.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear value guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Sheik Istana Hotel.
We assure you that we will continue working to improve your next experience with us.

Yours sincerely,
Management
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012

A brand new hotel. So hip and chic.
Good decoration: Everything; furniture's, decorations, gardens ... simply in details.
Good services: Free for transportation to many places with BMW Series 5!! VIP
Good staffs: Service minds and service smiles

Beyond expectation!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jibbza
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

My general rating for this hotel is really 4.5 stars-very very good since it is just a bit too far from town, but they get .5 more for far and away service that was beyond expectation. I have left an expensive object in my room at check out, only discovered once I arrived in my hotel in Bangkok. I sent an email not expecting much (and after 9pm) and by 10pm I got a phone call and they said they'd overnight ship it to me without charge. I offered to pay the shipping, but they insisted. Another example: after I booked my room online I had another question, so I sent a quick email requesting a car pick up from airport. They responded the next day promptly and confirmed. The pickup was in a nice BMW sedan, very new...which is always nice. It cost about USD $8. From front desk, to restaurant staff to gym staff everyone was extremely courteous and helpful.

This hotel only opened in September 2011 and the room I was in was just about perfect. I was on the 2nd floor facing the Ping River and maybe I higher floor would be better, but I had no complaints. Check out the photos for pics of the room. I ate a couple times at the moroccan specialty restaurant and the moroccan food was just amazing if you feel like a break from Thai food (they have Thai food also). The gym and pool are also adequate for this size hotel although not quite up to the standard of a high-end international chain hotel.

If you're looking to stay outside of the city centre (but only 5-10 min taxi away), then this is the place. They do have bikes to use for free for 3 hrs then a small fee after that and they do some free shuttles into town on a regular schedule (although you need to find your own way back).

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Almanorkid
Bangkok
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

Overall of this hotel is very good, nice decorations and good staffs service. I would like to suggest only few things that very important for travallers. First, tap water was unstable especially in my room and spa , second was breakfast and internet connection was very slow.
I really appreciated with the staffs, they were very nice and good service.

Room Tip: Room on the 4th floor... you will have the good scenery there.