“Well worth the money!”

Thai Farm Cooking School
Ranked #1 of 69 Food & Drink in Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer Thai cooking courses at our organic farm. It is a great way to get out of the city for a day and learn all about the organic ingredients that we proudly grow ourselves at the farm. You will cook delicious healthy meals from scratch at individual cooking stations. Our cooking instructors are all passionate about food and love to share their knowledge with you.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Well worth the money!”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We did the one day cooking class which was very enjoyable! Rika was an EXCELLENT teacher that took the time to explain what each ingredient was. We were a class of 12, which was handled very well for a large class. After having an understanding of Thai Food before entering the class, we learned quite a bit. Basil chicken was a very delightful dish. Would recommend this to others. You even get a great cookbook at the end with all of the recipes in it! Great way to understand the Thai herbs...AWESOME DAY!

1 Thank readytogo_13

• Thai first
Brisbane, Australia
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“A wonderfully happy last day in Thailand”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

This was our last day in Chang Mai in what had been a full on 3 week trip of Vietnam and Thailand. My husband had decided to spend it next to the pool, which was tempting.
But I was so happy to spend mine at this lovely cooking school.
Cooking is my passion, and this course ticked all the right boxes.
Picked up at the hotel at 8.30am
First stop was at the local market
(I still can't believe that rice costs the equivalent of 1 cent Australian per kg...that is amazing! But relative, I suppose)
Do I wish we had a market like this at home...dreaming!!
We then drove to the lovely organic farm out of town, which is very pleasant and peaceful.
We had a choice of making a curry paste, and then the curry, a soup, stir fry, and a desert and consuming them as we went along...just too much to eat it all!!!
And also a lovely noodle dish to take home with us in Thai Tupperware.
The highlight of the day for me, apart from learning heaps of very simple dishes full of flavour,
was the wonderful friendly nature of our teacher, Embee (MB)
She could make any body happy with her infectious laugh and incredibly happy nature.
Thanks Embee for a wonderful end to my holiday.
I will think of your laughter every time I recreate one of your lovely recipes

1 Thank love2cookandtravel
Hitchin, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Incredible Day..Loved every minute”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I chose this particular school as it was one of the only to take place on an organic farm using organic ingredients. We were collected at 9am and taken to the local market where our lovely teacher Kai, introduced us to some of the ingredients we would be using. This was a nice touch and it was lovely to see an authentic Thai market in action. We took a short drive through stunning countryside to the farm.
We were in a small group of 8 which worked well. After taking a tour of the farm to pick ingredients we started to make our 5 dishes.
Kai was a fantastic teacher, fun and enthusiastic. The dishes all tasted amazing and there was a real sense of satisfaction in creating food of restaurant style quality. We were given food to take home in doggy bags and a book full of recipes which was a nice touch.
I will not forget the experience in a long time. Thanks to Kai and co for an amazing day.

5 Thank Fern_Blue_Lady
Toronto, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 113 helpful votes
“Informative, fun and delicious”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

My wife and I did this class yesterday ( March 11 ). We payed 1000 baht each and they picked us up from our hotel in Chiang Mai.

Bun (the female group guide) picked us up at 8:50am in a open back tourist truck. We had a total of 8 people in the back of the truck (full) and 1 in the cab of the truck. It was nice to talk with the other tourists on the way to the farm ( about 25 minutes). Before you go to the farm you stop at a local market for 30 minutes and the guide explains some of the food you will be using that day. She then left us to look around for 10 minutes. You have to pick 5 things to make, and then they will have certain ingredients ready for you before you begin each meal. You get your own cooking station and we had 9 in our group. Our guide had a helper that went around and made sure you were doing everything correctly.

I had a blast doing this, but my wife ended up getting sick after the first meal she ate. No one else in the group got sick so there was nothing wrong with the food. But if your stomach has been sensitive in the past, be sure to come prepared for all this super fresh and organic food. In my wives case we believe it was the fresh coconut milk that may have upset her stomach. So if this sounds like something that may happen to you, bring some medicine, a vomit bag and anything else that may help settle your stomach!

Thanks again Bun and the whole group at the farm for the activity packed day!

4 Thank i3urt0n
London
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Yum, yum, yum - a brillant day!”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We were picked up from our hotel by our teacher for the day. We went to a market to see how the Thai's buy their food. We were given time to look around and take pictures. Then we went onto the cookery school. We each cooked 6 dishes of our choice during the day and ate them as we went along. We also took our last dish home with us for dinner! It was a brilliant day and lots of fun and I have already cooked Thai since I have been back home.

Visited February 2013