“Incredible experience!”

Book In Advance
More Info
$479.73*
and up
3-Day Mae Hong Son Loop Motorcycle Tour from...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Big Bike Tours as the leading Motorcycle Tour Company in Thailand & Southeast Asia offers the finest guided and most exhilarating authentic motorbike touring holidays and motorcycle tours in Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam & Tibet (China). Big Bike Tours is based in Chiang Mai, Thailand – where all our motorbike excursions begin. We have been riding the scenic routes in Thailand and all over Southeast Asia for over 15 years, and have been providing guided tours since 2009. If you love to ride, but hitting up the standard tourist spots simply isn’t your style – book an Asian motorbike tour with Big Bike Tours today!
Reviewed June 21, 2014

This trip was a pilgrimage of sorts back to biking after a hiatus of close to 20 years. I took a 3 day tour to re-orientate myself with getting back on the saddle, and the founders and guides, Kay and Noah, were extremely understanding, professional and knowledgeable about both bikes, and biking on Thai roads.
Safety was always a first priority, and yet, this was never an impediment to getting into the feel of what pure bike-touring is about. The roads in Northern Thailand are simply incredible, well-paved, scenic and at some points, technically challenging.
The tour was structured in a way to form a good balance between sight-seeing and enjoying the ride, with stops scheduled after about 70-120 km of riding. Choice of venues were good, and provides tourists with a good feel of the cultural and historical points of interest along the Golden Triangle route.
I would highly recommend this tour to anyone interested in making a guided and safe foray into riding in Thailand, Burma and Indochina. These guys know what they do, and do it well.

1  Thank JayceeMelinia
BigBikeTour, Owner at Big Bike Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2016

It was a pleasure to meet you. Many thanks for your review. Hope to ride with you again. Greetings from the BBT Team.

All reviews
"twisty roads"
"amora hotel"
"awesome ride"

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Deborah and I booked this trip to see a little more of Thailand outside the normal tourist areas. We'd been to Thailand several times but had previously only stuck to the traditional tourist areas around Phuket and Bangkok. This was our first trip to the Chiang Mai area but definitely not our last!

We met Kay and Noah at our hotel on the afternoon before our trip. They came to the hotel to introduce themselves and to give us our safety gear. We found them to be friendly, well organised and helpful right from the start and this continued right through our three day tour.

On our first day we met up with the rest of the group and got acquainted with the bikes. The bikes were very well maintained Kawasaki Versys 650s, which were perfect for the riding that we were to do over the next few days. We headed off through the Chiang Mai traffic and we were soon onto the secondary roads. For the remainder of the trip we stayed off the main roads and travelled through thousands of curves and hundreds of hills and valleys. I've mostly ridden dirt bikes through my time and I was a little worried that I'd get bored on a road bike trip but the roads and scenery were fantastic.

Kay and Noah have a great amount of passion for their business. You can tell that they are enjoying themselves and that this is not just a job for them. This enjoyment comes through in the way that they do the little extra things to ensure that everyone enjoys the trip.
Kay and Noah are also keen to share the culture of Northern Thailand. This isn't just a motorbike trip. The stop points are insights into the culture with hillside cafes, war museums, a boat ride to Karan Village, and the Tiger Temple featuring over the three days.

In all, we had an awesome three days on the tour. We met some great people, saw parts of the country that you couldn't appreciate from a tour bus, and had some great experiences. Only one thing that I would change - maybe next time I'll be more restrained in the bar on the last night!!

Jim and Deborah

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
3  Thank Mjim2014

Reviewed June 4, 2014

It’s rare I feel I can make a recommendation without reservation but the Big Bike Tours experience led by guides Kay and Noah was a hundred plus percent fantastic. I’d call it a once in a lifetime experience except that I’ll be back for another (Thailand and Laos) tour next year. ☺

-The roads and the riding experience are a blast. The sort of roads you go way out of your way back home for come day after day in Northern and Central Thailand. The motorcyles were well prepped and absolutely spotless. There were no mechanical issues with any of the bikes and Noah was happy to make a quick handlebar adjustment to my personal preference.

-The food was incredible. I’m not a foodie but I’d come back to Northern Thailand just for the food. Kai and Noah are careful to visit places that are either very good overall or have some excellent specialty. I get a little hungry every time I think about the food we ate and ate and ate. I don’t have special needs, but felt it was nice that Noah inquired about food allergies or if I had other special requirements.

-There are opportunities to visit cultural and tourist sites but you don’t feel like you’re on the beaten tourist path. Also, nights were spent in awesome little inns or hotels. There was one I didn’t think was anything special but turned out to be the favorite of others on the tour-so go figure. Most of the inns were either situated in little towns or we were shuttled short distances in the service vehicle for a little additional exploration and taste of the local nightlife.

Overall, Big Bike Tours guides Kai and Noah are brilliant and really make it something to remember. It was relaxing to have-from the moment they picked me up at the airport through and even after the end-nothing to do but ride and enjoy the experience. Both are hard working, accommodating, and just plain friendly and fun to hang with during and after the day’s ride. The other riders on the tour were a great group as well.

Thanks again Big Bike Tours for the awesome tour!

1  Thank Jeremy S

Reviewed June 2, 2014

I went on the True Biker's Paradise trip with these guys and it was amazing. I am a teacher, fairly new to Chiang Mai, and thought that I would try out a tour to see the roads and meet some people. It was the best tour ever. The pace was fast, and the roads were absolutely amazing. The tour leaders were really helpful and obviously cared about us and they created a really relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Also, the places that we stayed and ate at were some of the best places I've been to in Thailand. I recommend these guys to anyone.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction