“Food”
Review of Sahara Thai - CLOSED

Sahara Thai
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Thai, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: One of the most interesting restaurants in the most exiting area of Chiang Mai, Sahara offers a varied range of cuisine set in a beautiful Moroccan style environment. From popular western foods to exotic middle eastern dishes to a wide variety of local Thai flavours, high quality dining at very affordable price is on offer. A second floor rooftop bar with a relaxing open air lounge features a Bedouin style tent roof. Upstairs you will also find private hookah smoking rooms serving a variety of fruit flavoured shisha tobacco. Playing the latest lounge music, this setting mixes perfectly with our large range of cocktails and imported Belgian and German beers. Our well stocked wine cellar holds a wide range of fine wines from around the world. We're open daily Sunday to Thursday 11.00 to midnight and Friday to Saturday 11.00 to 01.00 am.
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Food”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I liked the middle east food here. Also I love to sit at the top of restaurant at night with music. It is very nice to see the stars and drink some cold beer. The price is reasonable. In my opinion, Thai food here is not my favorite because I am Thai and love real Thai favor. Salad is good. Overall, I like this place. Berger is good too.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank AppleRinquest

• Thai first
“Good food but bad service.”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I loved the food here and ate here often. It was very close to where I was staying in Chiang Mai for my extended visit. I would always go with a small group of friends (3-5) and we all enjoyed our food. However, every time we went there was always something forgotten. Onion rings or other appetizers never came on numerous visits. One time a first time customer and friend didnt even have his order submitted. He left without eating and was very upset. They also never come and refill water or ask for anything beyond an order and bringing food. The taste of food is amazing and the prices are very good, but I am not blown away by the experience.

• Visited June 2013
Chiang Mai
“Sahara a "desert" of Good Food”
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

I had been here various times but never try Thai food. Today decide to do it (here you can have Thai, Mediterranean and Wester food). Totally surprised by its quality. I think Sahara will be ranked high on my list of Thai restaurants as it is for other food. And the value for money is fabulous. For sure the cheapest wine in CM not because the quality is bad but because they do not want to set high margins.

• Visited June 2013
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Liked it so much the first time I went back the next night”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

It was great to find good Middle Eastern food here in Chiang Mai, especially in such a comfortable setting. The first time we ate there we sat up on the roof near the bar and my wife and I had a very nice, relaxing meal. My wife isn't a fan of Middle Eastern food but the Thai food was pretty good as well. I had a nice chicken with rice dish and the "sampler" plate with hummas, baba ganush, tabuli, and yoghurt -- order extra pita bread as the single piece they give you isn't enough. We had a great time and so invited friends out for dinner there the next night as well. The place seemed rather empty (or maybe that's just because its a huge restaurant). The food, service and pricing were all pretty good, so I've added it to my list of restaurants that I'll be frequenting.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Climb512
“Middle of the Eastern Road”
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere is nice and the food good. The chicken kabobs were delicious. Overall, pretty good but not overwhelming. If you're in the area and in the mood, this is worth a visit. But it could easily be skipped for one of the other many great restaurants in town.

• Visited May 2013