“excellent food in a wonderful setting”
Review of Sahara Thai - CLOSED

Sahara Thai
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Thai, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: One of the most interesting restaurants in the most exiting area of Chiang Mai, Sahara offers a varied range of cuisine set in a beautiful Moroccan style environment. From popular western foods to exotic middle eastern dishes to a wide variety of local Thai flavours, high quality dining at very affordable price is on offer. A second floor rooftop bar with a relaxing open air lounge features a Bedouin style tent roof. Upstairs you will also find private hookah smoking rooms serving a variety of fruit flavoured shisha tobacco. Playing the latest lounge music, this setting mixes perfectly with our large range of cocktails and imported Belgian and German beers. Our well stocked wine cellar holds a wide range of fine wines from around the world. We're open daily Sunday to Thursday 11.00 to midnight and Friday to Saturday 11.00 to 01.00 am.
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Went to this restaurant in March and what can I say... what a great menu and the food was delicious! So rare to get proper middle eastern food in the middle of Thailand, and it was really well made. You can even see the chef's preparing it (it's really clean and tidy inside). We also loved the cocktails they served, and the service was really good!

The setting was superb, eating on an open terrace overlooking Chiang Mai is really cool :) and the location near all the bars is really convenient

I would absolutely recommend this place to anyone coming to Chiang Mai and looking for a good meal from a nice, clean and friendly restaurant!

1  Thank MMahabadi

Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is awesome. The service is great, the food is so rich and delicious and totally worth the price. They use fine ingredients which are high quality, and the portions are right for the price. He atmosphere is super warm and classy. The owner is an amazing guy. Check this place out :)

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I love middle eastern food, which is not too available here in Thailand where I live. When I have the craving the Sahara fills the bill, but the food is not spectacular. I reccomend the salads, such as baba ganoush (my favorite) and humus with pita bread. I have had both the pork (sorry no lamb) and chicken kebabas on 3 occaissions and they were always overcooked. The place is beautifully designed in a Morrocan theme, and has never been crowded when I was there. The prices are typical of a falang specialty restaurant in Thailand. The service is not real quick. I'd go back again just because this cuisine is not easy to find.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Dropped in for a late lunch with my wife, not many customers. Ordered from the waiter, who could not understand menu, though we pointed to items. Wife's food given to another table, so we had to swap with them. Salad arrived first with entree last. My order still not arrived when my wife had finished her main & entree. Great looking place with potential, but after 2 visits in 2 weeks, will give it a miss. Sorry guys.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Came in for the first time . Salad buffet 99 baht & mixed drink (mojito) 139 baht. Drink watered down and salad bar with fresh veggies and fruits was ok. Asked for bottled water and the bottle served out of nasty. Decided against drinking it. Overall seems to be ok place. Sat inside