“Average but not much more...”

Ibis Styles Chiang Mai
Ranked #85 of 388 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The biggest downside of this hotel was it's location. I have been to Chiang Mai quite a few times so if you are coming here for holidays and want to be located closed to night life, cafes, bars etc. This is not the place to stay. You will need to get a taxi to go everyone. Which is cheap and not far anyway, but just saying.

Check in and check out was quick. Staff were very nice and welcoming. Can't fault it there. The style was simple and nice. They upgraded me to Superior room. The room was Biiiiggggggg...! So this was nice. Everything was clean and nice but nothing special. Oh, actually, the bed was. The bed was sooooo comfortable and got a great night sleep.

If internet is important for you (as it is for me with work) then I have never stayed anywhere before with bad internet. I stay for 2 days. Maybe I was just unlucky or maybe it is always bad. Not sure. But I work as freelance graphic designer so in my room all day working and use the internet a lot and it was always rubbish. Either extremely slow or just refuse to work. I had to leave for this reason alone.

Breakfast was simple but nice. Overall, cant say too much bad about this place and it is decent value for money. Biggest thing is the location (and Internet for me). If you are on holidays you want to be able to walk outside and be in the middle of it all. You will find better, in better location and for same price. Message me if you want tips for where to stay....!

Room Tip: Ask for superior room on a high floor for a better view....
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank marcuswhy
ibisstylesCM, General Manager at Ibis Styles Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Dear Marcuswhy,

We highly appreciate your comments and thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Styles Chiang Mai. It is always a pleasure to receive a feedback.

Your feedback regarding our internet service is very important to us. We are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and working on improvement.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and look forward to welcome you again soon.

Best regards,

There are newer reviews for Ibis Styles Chiang Mai

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed at this place for close to a week. For its location it's priced very reasonably. The room we were given was spacious with a very large bed, which was hard enough to provide us with good nights' sleep. Lighting levels were just nice. No laundry service that I knew of though. Hot water shower was consistent, which was a blessing as Chiangmai could get quite cold in the early and late hours. Service staff were very attentive - I have particular praise for the restaurant staff who were very friendly and attentive. Check in was a breeze, done in under 5 minutes. Breakfast was filling and varied enough; the porridge is delicious! If you have a vehicle then this is a good place as it has a modest-sized carpark which suited us well as we had to drive out of town almost everyday. Construction was going on on both sides - I believe they are extensions to the hotel - but did not disturb the peace, which I felt was very good.

If you like to visit temples then there is one behind the hotel with very beautiful Buddha images made of what appears to be green jade. Not sure if it is indeed jade but it is very beautifully crafted. The shrine outside the hotel is also very beautifully done.

Minor annoyances:
The wifi kept dropping connection. Perhaps it could be because I was logging in with multiple devices. However, the hotel I'm presently in allows me to log in one account with multiple devices. Also, the walls seem pretty thin; I could hear someone's alarm clock going off while I was still in my own room.

I would definitely recommend this hotel, and look forward to staying here again, particularly when the extensions are up. Two thumbs up, way up!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the road just as the reception does get nice sunlight. The Chiangmai Flower Festiva...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Doomas
Reviewed January 29, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
ibisstylesCM, General Manager at Ibis Styles Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Reviewed January 22, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
ibisstylesCM, General Manager at Ibis Styles Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Reviewed January 2, 2013

This hotel is a small distance (by taxi) from the night bazaar. We wanted to head up to Mae Rim after our stay, so a good location to do that. Also reasonably close to Tiger Kingdom etc. The red taxis cost 30 baht to the night bazaar. Also an easy walk to a little township called Amphoe Muang where there are lots of little restaurants and eateries. The rooms are very comfortable and spacious. Nice and clean and spacious. Very reasonable price too. The breakfast offering is a little lacking, but good value for money considering it is included in the price of the room. We stayed two nights.

• Stayed: January 2013
ibisstylesCM, General Manager at Ibis Styles Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear 1981kiwis,

Firstly, we appreciate the time you have taken to share your positive feedbacks about your recent stay.

Even though breakfast is included in our room package, we pay attention and constantly work on improvement of breakfast quality. We will address the issues you have highlighted with our team.

Once again thank you for your valuable feedback and we look forward to welcoming you in near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Hotel is not so far from Niman Road, we can walk from hotel just 10minute. Room is specious, new & clean.

Room rate is inexpensive; their staffs are friendly & helpful.

Many choices for breakfast: Thai & international foods

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Nungning
ibisstylesCM, General Manager at Ibis Styles Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Dear Nungning,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Styles Chiang Mai. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed December 18, 2012