Chiangmai Boutique House
Ranked #217 of 807 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 13, 2014

I thought that the hotel was in a good location, their was a mini food market around the bend. The weekend night market was also located nearby about a 7 min walk. The room was small but it was expected most importantly it was clean. The staff were very helpful my boyfriend and I booked 4 excursions with the help of the front desk. They even helped us get a driver (hi June!) when we wanted to go do a second activity and realized we did not have enough cash on us he was kind enough to loan us the money and let us pay him back when we got back to the hotel. Another major plus for me was the self service laundry. The only negative I could say is that the breakfast was very simple (1 egg, toast, ham, juice) and small but it was free so I understand. Overall I was extremely pleased with my stay and would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Request the second floor so you do not have to listen to people by the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alihey

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights and was a great spot to explore the city from. Room was small but had a modern bathroom. Unfortunately, as we were near the stairs out room was quite noisy. I also used the self-service laundry provided and my white top came out with faint yellow patches. Apart from this was a clean, well equipped hotel with friendly staff.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank DunedinCat
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We arrived a day earlier and it was not a problem. Luckily there was a too available. Nice and flexible staff. Clean room and good breakfast. Small but cozy. Great location. No problem to leave luggage behind and pick it up later. Would stay here again. Stayed as a couple but also very suitable for families.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

I checked in this afternoon and got room 101 and 102 right next to the street. The room itself is so small but the worst part is the cleanliness. Towels are so disgusting. It's off white but they black when got wet. I traveled with young kids and a mother. Pool is a big deal for my kids. That's why I chose this hotel. But Let me tell you pool is greasy. I feel like staying in hostel. 900 baht I could have gone to a better hotel. It is a BIG mistake. Thanks goodness I leave this hotel the next day in a very early morning. Staff are useless. Stay away!!

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank PJcoolmom
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

The rooms although are a little small are very nice, clean and have all facilities needed including complementary water and a huge flat screen tv. The bathroom is great with a lovely huge shower and there is a safety deposit box in the room. The air con worked great if you needed a strong blast to co down or to keep on low throughout the night. The pool is nice to lay in the afternoon (doesn't get sun in the morning) but was a little dirty on occasions. Some people still used it tho. The hotel was helpful when asked for information. Breakfast is simply toast, fried eggs and some cold meat every morning which can get a little boring however it was tasty and included in the price of the room. You also got tea/coffee and juice. If you don't like it... It's cheap enough to eat out around here. Hotel is a short walk away from restaurants, bars, the Sunday night market and temples. I would recommend getting a scooter or asking a taxi man to take you around on the odd day or two to see all the lovely sites in Chiang Mai. We got a great deal on agoda for this hotel and for the same price would definitely stay here again. I have been Travelling around Thailand for 6 weeks now and I had the best nights sleep in this hotel!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

Today is my last day in Chiang Mai 24/06/14. We are stay in ChiangMai Boutique House for 4 nights. Everyday same breakfast except fruit and juice. Swimming pool is dirty. Room is clean. We stay in deluxe room, the size of room not our expected, size feel like superior room. Staff are okay, not really friendly. We are wait for our driver and sit in restaurant (lobby), the owner seem like not really happy and put back the chair very rude. Seldom see the Owner Aon and the staff smile. I'm not sure is it we are Asian and big family, mayb we are a bit noisy for them. Overall is okay, good location, opposite have yummy food-Spoon de Best. We are stay on 2nd floor, not really noisy due to low season period.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Caey82
Reviewed May 29, 2014

This hotel was fantastic. The rooms were really nice and clean. The bed was comfortable and the staff were friendly and helpful. The included breakfast was very good with fresh fruit juices every morning. The pool with hot-tub style jets was a nice touch amenity on hot afternoons.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple