“Outstanding Service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of CM Custom Tailor Chiang Mai

CM Custom Tailor Chiang Mai
Ranked #2 of 126 Shopping in Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Owner description: CM Custom Tailor is a bespoke tailor shop in central Chiang Mai. The owner, David Raju has more than 20 years experience and has made bespoke suits, shirts and evening and wedding wear for both locals and international tourists. Having a suit made in Chiang Mai completes the travel experience for visitors to the city. For most it is the first time they have had a tailored suit made. This experience is all part of travelling in Thailand.
Istanbul, Turkey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Outstanding Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

This is not another rip-off customer service nightmare of a suitshop. David, Joe, Santos, Giogio, and Charlie run an excellent operation that makes customer service excellence its religion. My every request and specification was accommodated and the information they supplied was quite helpful as I navigated my first custom suit purchase. In the end, the owner, David, and Joe personally delivered my finished suit and shirt to my home at 1:15AM in order to get it to me before my early morning flight. Their commitment to extraordinary customer service sets them apart from and above the competition. In addition to the quality and service you will find there, they also have a possibly even rarer ware in abundant stock and that is honesty. Demonstrate that you are prepared to be honest and you will find that they appreciate and reciprocate that ancient and precious currency of the civilized.
I cannot comment on the quality of their competitors' materials or workmanship. I can say with confidence that, at CM Custom Tailors, reasonable people will find themselves in the company of trustworthy, like-minded men who genuinely want each and every customer to leave their shop completely satisfied with their order, and they will go to almost any length to ensure that satisfaction.

1 Thank gogandhi44

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Foster City, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent Service & Extremly friendly Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

The guys at CM did a great job making several shirts for me and a dress for my fiancé. They fixed a botched blazer that I had made at another tailor in Koh Samui and their friendly staff made the entire experience great.

2 Thank Darrell A
Chiang Mai, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Worth Every Penny”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Came Chiang Mai with the intention of getting a shirt made and having read the very positive reviews online I decided to drop into C M Custom to see what was what. This place's reputation is well deserved, all the tailors were friendly, professional and above all, honest in the advice they handed out. Walked away a few days later with a shirt that fit perfectly and looked outstanding.

I'm quite particular and do it took a few fittings to get it just right, but even so the staff were very understanding and in no way pushed me to walk out with the product before I was ready. Though the prices are slightly steeper than what you can expect in Hoi An for example, they are far from unreasonable and, based on my experience, no higher than the majority of other tailors in Chiang Mai, in any case you get what you pay for in terms of service and quality :)

3 Thank Tom A
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Incredible Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Probably one of the best Customer Experiences I've had.

Mr.Joe answered all of our questions and helped us understand the options available to us with regards tot he fabric choices. Don't know why people say it's so expensive - you can get a 4000B suit if you want, but we opted for a better quality. We also found that shirt prices were the same as other tailors for the quality of fabric we were looking at.

The suit was no problem. Some minor changes had to happen after the first fitting, and it turned out great. 2 day turn-around time.

Shirts turned out great as well, but one I ordered (which was a silk-cotton blend) had some fit and fabric issues after the first fitting. I requested he replace the fabric section, which he did no problem. On the second fitting there was still a part I wasn't happy about, so he made me an entirely new shirt and personally delivered it to me at my hostel at 10pm the same night, so I could make my flight. He also gave me the first shirt at no cost as an apology and thank you for holding him to high standards.

Also - if you don't see a fabric you like on the shelves, ask to see more samples - they have hundreds which they just don't stock on the shelves in the store.

Hopefully that helps you understand the level of customer service you're getting here. I'm quite happy with the suit and shirts, and will definitely be sending orders their way from home.

3 Thank Myles T
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“CM TAILOR BRANCH”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Hello everybody,

By being tall, i drop out of almost every standard cut. Accordingly i have some experience with tailors all over europe,and yet was impressed by the work with santosh.

At first it has to be clear, that the creation of tailor made clothes is always a process, that takes time and depending on complexity some fittings.

My shirts were done with one fitting, the (several) more complex dresses and business outfits of my girlfriend needed up to 3. The work of santosh can be compared to standard european tailors, by giving you much more value for your money. The prices were compared to 4 other tailors in cm and the same fabrics costed after some bargaining and discussions about quantity mostly the same everywhere (ask for the origin of the fabrics)

Real professionalism was shown, when we had a major missunderstanding about the fabric of a collection. After a brief and professional discussion we agreed on a solution, and santosh did every thing possible to finish everything on time, by going much further than he had to.

At the end we were and are very happy about the outcome and want to thank him again for his efforts and wish all the best to him and his growing familiy.

2 Thank D L