“They really go out of their way”

CM Custom Tailor Chiang Mai
Ranked #2 of 127 Shopping in Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Owner description: CM Custom Tailor is a bespoke tailor shop in central Chiang Mai. The owner, David Raju has more than 20 years experience and has made bespoke suits, shirts and evening and wedding wear for both locals and international tourists. Having a suit made in Chiang Mai completes the travel experience for visitors to the city. For most it is the first time they have had a tailored suit made. This experience is all part of travelling in Thailand.
Stockholm, Sweden
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“They really go out of their way”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I needed some slightly more elegant shorts made, but was not impressed with the rack sortiment and quality in regular stores in Chiang Mai. After reading up on the internet I ended up at CM Custom, and I couldn't be happier with the end product. The italian cotton material was lovely, and after a few rounds back and forth the fit was very nice. The only drawback was the price, 2,000b each pair I find kind of steep for cotton, but overall I'm happy with the purchase.

So, you don't have to be in the market for formal wear to visit!

2 Thank Mårten L

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“First class service and workmanship!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

CM Tailor is just perfect. I waited till the last minute to get shirts made for my boyfriend (who was back in Australia). Gio Gio told me in detail which measurements he needed to have, and he made two gorgeous shirts in a day! Gio Gio and the other gentlemen of CM are very professional, friendly and polite. Gio Gio explained everything about the tailoring process to me in minute detail - from the differences between materials, to the shirt-making process.. he even suggested colours that would complement my boyfriend's hair/skin colour!
The shirts fit beautifully, and I am SO glad I went to CM. Very reasonable prices, and first class service and workmanship.

2 Thank MissEllieW
fang
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Custom Suit for a Tall guy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

I had read the reviews online and decided I would take a look at the place. I had called ahead of time and was greeted by friendly staff that were more then happy to help me out. I later went into the business and was fitted for a business suit. David was incredibly nice and helpful. Once the fitting was over I was told to come back 5 hours later to try the mock-up one on. I arrived back 5 hours later to try the jacket and pants on. Time was limited for me since I need to catch the bus at 5:30 and it was now 5:20. They rushed as fast as possible to get me back on time, which was appreciated. As I was leaving they asked if i needed a ride. I stated I was okay and would just run. As I was running down the street they pulled up on their motorcycles and took me and my girlfriend to the bus station just in time to get on our bus.

I went down at a later date to pick up the suit and it looks incredible. Top quality workmanship, with excellent customer service and incredibly friendly owner and staff. I cant say enough about this business and will be ordering more suits internationally once I go back to the US.

1 Thank kevin j
Chiang Mai, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“friendly fast service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I came to CM Custom Tailor to get a few shirts done. This was my first experience with a tailor but Joe, Giogio, Chali and Sontose were all very friendly and professional in guiding me through the process. Their attention to detail is outstanding and I'm extremely satisfied with the end product. Fairly priced and alterations are free. I have no qualms in recommending them to other travelers.

4 Thank Arron M
Denver, Colorado
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“No, Seriously. COME HERE! Can't be beat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

My boyfriend Taylor and I went to see David and his crew after reading multiple reviews on Tripadvisor and let me tell you, they were SPOT ON. We came in looking for traditional Thai outfits for valentines day and left with much more, all of the finest quality!

Seriously, dont even bother going anywhere else. It all started with an email to David, the owner. Even via email he was amazing and I knew right away I didn't want to go anywhere else. We told him we were coming in and he had his staff ready to meet us when we arrived. Not only did his staff, consisting of GioGio (SO ADORABLE), Charlie and Santos, take excellent care of us, but David also gave us both a special gift for having emailed and visited him.

So when we came in, we were just looking for some Traditional Thai outfits to make our time in Thailand for valentines day something fun and memorable. Well, they certainly delivered. They showed us the difference in the men's collars between Thai/Chinese/etc and helped Taylor pick out a beautiful fabric. GioGio went into amazing detail as to the differences in quality of fabrics, and exquisite detail on how they make the suit jackets. Once Taylor was taken care of, he decided to also purchase pants, and 4 collared button up shirts, all of which turned out incredible.

I was measured for my dress and GioGio and Charlie helped me pick out a beautiful fabric and matching cloth to make a sash and belt. GioGio not only helped direct what I needed to make it traditional, but he even made a rose decoration to cover the safety pin my sash was held on by.

THEY WERE AWESOME. So awesome that David, the owner, even offered to drive us to the Tiger Kingdom and the airport in his car. (hope you're loving the new Toyota, David!)

The clothes we left were are beautiful and of the highest quality. You can't find a better experience or more caring, detailed people. Visit David and the crew at CM Tailor and you won't be disappointed.

6 Thank Dreyzers3000