“The best Thai welcome I could have had”

Naruncha Green House
Ranked #339 of 833 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 9, 2012

This was my first trip alone and after an exhausting and horrible 24h trip I arrived at this guesthouse. Goi (the owner) and Powi (the housekeeper) were amazing. The room was really nice and clean. The shower and toilet were shared, but also clean.
The service was great, when I came home at 3 in the night on New Years Eve there was even a Pad Thai standing ready for me! You can also get a little breakfast for almost no money in the morning.
The location is outside of the city centre, but there is no need to take a tuktuk (although they're not that expensive compared to Bangkok so I've heard), you can easily walk into the city or if you ask Powi nicely (or the little guy who also works there) she might even bring you by motorbike..

Friends of mine stayed in a big guesthouse nearby so I could compare this one to theirs and I must say that the only 2 things that are somewhat '-' are: 1. communication was easier (Goi speaks English very well, but otherwise it was a bit of 'hand and feet talk' and 2. when you are alone you have a better chance of meeting other people in a bigger guesthouse. But for me 1. was not a problem :) had fun doing it and 2. I already had friends who were staying in Chiang Mai.

In short I really enjoyed my stay here!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed May 5, 2012

We arrived in Chiang Mai after an extensive bus trip from Laos. My fiance was so exhausted that she ended up becoming very sick. This would have been reason for extreme concern if it had not been for our caring host who helped nurse her back to health over the several days we were there. It was remarkable how selfless she was in making food, checking on her, and making the most comfortable environment possible. We couldn't hold this place in higher regard, truly.

As for the accommodation itself the beds were comfortable, and the rooms had A/C. The location takes you into a great neighborhood right outside the walls which gave us easy access to many of the temples within. You can receive bodywork at the spa which is super convenient.

I certainly recommend this place and the value it offers.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2011

Wow, Goi (the owner) and her housekeeper made us feel like one of the family and looked after our every need. I honestly don't think you could get this sort of service from a 5 * hotel.

The Location is just outside the city gates, 10 minute walk to Chiang Mai Gate, 15 mintue walk to Tha Pae Gate and a 7 minute walk to the Saturday walking street. The only negative I have and it is minor is that there is no where close as in 5 mins to walk to, to get a a quick snack.

The rooms are very clean, simple and you have the option of air con. The bathrooms are downstairs in the back kitchen and are literally sparkling clean. My boyfriend and I stayed in the room with a private bath and then without as the guest house was so nice we decided to stay an extra night!

There is an onsite Spa which I thoroughly recommend and is cheaper than most of the places in town. Free wifi is available and the signal is strong throughout the house.

The housekeeper (unfortunately I didn't get her name) is the sweetest lady I have ever met. When we arrived back from a day of sight seeing she rushed around getting us a cold glass of water, then went into our room to put the aircon on. She also gave us lifts on her motorbike to the Saturday and Sunday walking streets.

I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to be close to the city but away from all the noise to relax and unwind. Plus it is very cheap considering the wonderful service you get. We will be back!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Catherine B
Reviewed October 9, 2011

This was a beautiful nice place, the receptionist and the owner where really nice and helpful, we only stayed one night because our room was booked for the next days but definitly would have stayed longer if possible. There is one room with toilet, the others have a shower but common bathrooms, the place is a few blocks away from the night market and the old city, it was really convenient for its price.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NeoAngelz
Reviewed October 8, 2011

A friend and myself found this guest house extremely accomodating. The owner and staff helped us to have the best time in chiang mai beyond our expectations. A must stay for travellers looking for a homely touch.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed August 8, 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights during a hectic 2 week trip through 8 cities in thailand, cambodia and malaysia. It was the best value for the money (350 baht for a/c twin room with real comforters) and the most relaxing place, even more relaxing than the hotels with pools. This was because the staff here really take care of you and make you feel at home. when my friend came back with sunburn, the housekeeper (sweetest lady in the world) went and cut fresh aloe and help her apply it. I could spend hours in the lounge chairs outside, they were so comfortable. the massages at the facility were also top notch and the owner is super knowledgeable and can help you arrange anything you need from motorbike rentals to taxi's. i already miss the place and will definitely stay there if i am in chiang mai again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 28, 2011

very familiar atmosphere. Everything is very clean and the people are more than only nice.
It`s also cheap (Single Room 150 Baht, Double Room 250 Baht, ...)
5 minutes walk to the Old City.
It´s a very quite place which is good to relax.
Special: Kitchen

I really would recommend you this guesthouse !

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo