Something Different Tours
Review Highlights
Our favorite day in Chiang Mai (Doi Inthanon Day Trip)

I initially reached out to Something Different Tours (SDT) because my friend knew someone who had... read more

Reviewed October 14, 2018
AP1188
Unforgettable Experience

Did the overnight trek to a Karen hill tribe with my friend. We’re both in our early 20s. Our... read more

Reviewed May 23, 2018
ischoning
sf
via mobile

All reviews karen family karen hill tribe northern thailand unforgettable experience picked up from our hotel trek pong
Reviewed December 4, 2014

This tour was a perfect next stage for our 1 month tour of Thailand. Incredible sights, amazing dirt scooter thrills, loads of info on the natural sites and history from the very attentive guides, top service from Nat and his staff, and heartwarming access with the families supporting the lodging. Riding the scooter demands a little motorbike experience or riding with the guide would be no issue and comfortable with a bit of trail thrill still. Tim and Geraldine, Florida, USA.

1  Thank ZippyU
Reviewed December 1, 2014

We organised our one day trip with the friendly Nat who speaks very well english and made sure that we were going to get what we'd like to do/see for our booking with SDDT (motorbikes, water fall, beautiful views, hot spring, super lunch... and no mass tourism).
it was only the four of us including our two young guides who were funny and always eager to help. Just like it has been said in other reviews before, we too, enjoyed a great tour and would totally recommend everyone to book with SDDT!
From the beginning on we felt a very welcoming and friendly atmosphere provided by a lovely team (thanks again for having us at the birthday BBQ!) so we even decided to switch to their hostel which was also well located and clean. Nat and his people were always attentive and friendly. No matter whether you needed information, or bookings or even a pick up and dlivery to the air port, the team has offered us a fantastic service!

Reviewed November 25, 2014

The motorbike tour was Indeed something different! This is for those seeking adventure. Riding on the back of a motorbike thru the mountains on dirt roads in chiang Mai was awesome and not for the faint of heart! The tour guide took us places no tour bus can reach so it was truly an off the beaten path experience. We saw amazing views,drove thru the hills and farmland, saw several waterfalls and visited with a local tribe and had lunch. The ride to the village was memorable and hard to describe but something different captures it best -only wish I had a go pro.

If you like your fun a little fast and a little furious I highly suggest this tour!

Reviewed November 16, 2014

We did the 1 day Mae Wang, Hilltribe, and Doi Inthanon trip. This was a highlight of our trip to Thailand, and we made new friends with the other two folks doing the trip with us. We had two guides, one being Olip and the other name I cannot remember, so sorry. I had written it down but lost the slip of paper. I did not have previous experience riding a motorcycle, so I rode with our guide Olip, and my husband rode his own motorcycle. I have to say I was really pleased riding with the guide because I got to soak in all the incredible scenery instead of focusing on the road. I have seen other reviews say this, and I agree that you definitely need to have some experience riding a motorcycle with gears if you want to ride your own bike. You will be driving through the city and on highways before you start getting out to the country and mountains. The day we went it rained, all day long, so I have to admit I'm not sure how much of the exact itinerary we stuck to and did not. We were out for an extremely full day regardless and were pleasantly exhausted at the end. We had a good group of people between ourselves and guides and made the best out of the rainy day. I think the fact that it rained probably made us feel like we really accomplished something even more! The guides took pictures the entire time and gave us a CD at the end. I have not had a chance to review them yet, but really looking forward to it. Overall, a must do and I highly recommend this to anyone looking to have a more authentic tourist experience around the Chiang Mai area. Bring your sense of adventure and get ready to have a great time!!

Reviewed November 15, 2014 via mobile

If there is any hesitation about booking Something Different TourS, JUST GO. This is the best thing that I did in my stay in Thailand. These guys are phenomenal guides and even more incredible people. We were led by Ware, Golf and O'lip into the mountains. They are fearless; always smiling and joking, but firstly prioritize your safety and needs along the way.

If you are considering the Motorbike Tour, I would highly recommend you have previous experience on a motorcycle or scooter as the route can become quite challenging at times. If you really want to go, but don't feel completely confident, you can request to ride on the back of the tour guide's scooters, and still enjoy the thrill of blasting into the mountains, making stops in a tiny tribe's village to eat, jumping in waterfalls, and seeing land that you would never have the opportunity to experience otherwise. Either way, the reward of being lead by responsible and hilarious guides, the insanely beautiful mountainous vistas and thrill of riding through this region is well worth it.

The tour was so much more encompassing than you can imagine. When I return to Chiang Mai there's no doubt that I will book another tour with these amazing, chill and fun-loving people.