“Might Be A New Restaurant”
Review of We's Restaurant

We's Restaurant
Ranked #96 of 2,501 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 12, 2018

I believe this restaurant has changed hands.

Several years ago I ate here and had one of the best meals of my time in Thailand. So much so that I returned several times and was eager to come back the next time I set foot in country.

I did so recently. It was lousy. The food was bland and tasteless. My curry was not served as a soup. It was just a sauce poured over a pile of diced vegetables, none of which had anything to do with the specific dish I ordered. It had little flavor and no spice, nor did my wife's noodle dish. We both forgot to specify that we wanted chicken (our fault), but instead of asking what we would like the waitress just included diced tofu. Bad enough to get hunks of gelatinized soy when you expect a piping hot bowl of chicken curry (again, we forgot to mention, she forgot to ask), but the tofu we got more closely resembled cottage cheese than anything else.

The old rich curries are gone, replaced by something without flavor. The inventive noodle dishes are now listless and disappointing. Previously, the owner prided herself on serving food with brown rice for the added flavor. Now they serve white rice, and you have to ask for it. The old menu, hand written and dedicated to creative and artful Thai food, now features the usual claptrap of western breakfasts and spaghetti bolognese.

I got to know the owner a little bit several years ago while taking one of her cooking classes and didn't see her around anywhere. I could be wrong, but it feels like she may have sold her restaurant to someone else. Certainly what now operates as "We's" is nothing like the original.

Reviewed June 2, 2018 via mobile

We’s restaurants we are family
So good and happy.
Thai food very good
Small place but service so nice
Thanks for take care me

Reviewed April 13, 2018 via mobile

It wasn’t awful - but nothing near the accolades it has received. My guess is owner changed. My green curry had exactly one type of vegetable in, and was fairly plain. Edible, I was full in the end, but something I could have had also in Germany or HK.

Reviewed January 22, 2018 via mobile

Please note We’s restaurant has now closed we have had many fantastic food experiences there

I wish the owners all the best for the future.

A new restaurant had opened in We’s place called

Homes.

We tried Homes as you have to give them chance but unfortunately we will never return the new owners/staff are only interested in their mobile phones, we now know why we were the only dinners

Reviewed December 21, 2017

I was in Chiang Mai about a year ago and a friend recommended We's (I was visiting boutique hotel nearby). I was a little skeptical because it looked like all of the customers were tourists ... often an indicator of non-authentic food. The Panang was the best I've ever eaten. It's a small shop with seating inside and a few small tables outside.