“Excellet restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Piccola Roma Palace

Piccola Roma Palace
Ranked #228 of 2,025 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Piccola Roma Palace has been the first Italian restaurant in Chiang Mai (Thailand), founded in 1991 by an award winning Italian Chef, Angelo Faro. In 1991 Mr. Faro was nominated as 'Maitre de Table' of the prestigious 'Chaine des Rotisseurs' subsequently becoming'Grand Officer Maitre-Chef'.
Tel Aviv, Israel
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellet restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

One of the best restaurants we have ever been to.
We enjoyed every moment we spent there!
The chef is very friendly and he cares about each of his guests.
We highly recommend everyone to go there and enjoy as much as we did.
PS- You GOTTA try the pizza! It is amazing!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Meiru2013
AngeloFaro, Owner at Piccola Roma Palace, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm very glad reading all the money spent in my restaurant is source of enjoyment. It is also a great satisfaction to read you're recomending Piccola Roma Palace to everybody loving good food.
Thank you for inviting several friends.
I hope to see you soon.

Master Chef Angelo Faro

• Hebrew first
  • Thai first
shropshire
“Excellent is all I can say!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Angelo, we ate in your restaurant very early on Wed Sept 18th. We were very tired having been traveling since Monday afternoon and I have to admit, after a cople o beers in a local bar, we just wanted food.

We didn't get just 'food', we got one of the best Italian meals we have had in a long time. The canelloni was perfect, pasta Norma excellent, ciabatta light as a feather and profiteroles sublime and just enough.

You can always tell when a chef is passionate about food. Angelo has this in bucket loads. I just wish the restaurant was full to add to the atmosphere but, as I have said, we did arrive early.

We are only in the city for 4 days but I would live to eat here again. Ver highly recommend.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Ashley J
AngeloFaro, Owner at Piccola Roma Palace, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. Yes, I'm a passionate Master Chef, doing this world since 58 years. I'm very happy you've appreciated my food. You're always very welcome in Piccola Roma Palace.
Best Regards.

Barcelona, Spain
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Italian Paradise on North of Thailand”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

It was absolutelly amazing experience,very nice atmosphere,food was excellent and top attention. I was there with my boyfriend,it's a very nice place to have romantic dinner!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Tetiana S
AngeloFaro, Owner at Piccola Roma Palace, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank yoou for your review. You're not the first person remarking Piccola Roma Palace is a romantic place for a diner. It is important for a master chef provide the right atmosphere as well as good food, of course. I'm very happy you've appreciated both.
Please come back soon.

Master Chef Angelo Faro.
“little Italy in Chiang Mai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Every time I go back to Chiang Mai I'm so happy to see masterchef mr Angelo is still there with his wonderfull place. Very kind people, beautyful food that makes me really happy!!! Really the only place to have a real good plate of Italian food.

1 Thank matringo
Dear Ingrid,
thank you for your review. I'm very happy to make you feel at home in Piccola Roma Palace. I'm looking forward to host you soon in my restaurant.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“The Best in Chiang Mai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

A couple of weeks ago a friend and I stopped at Piccola and had a really delightful dinner. The food was great and the attention from the staff was appreciated! The chef is great!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AngeloFaro, Owner at Piccola Roma Palace, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. I'm very happy you've appreciated both the food and the service.
I'm looking forward to have a new visit from you.