“Good size rooms, affordable and not a hostel”

WangBurapa Grand Hotel
Ranked #130 of 393 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed here 4 nights 2 rooms and the price was really reasonable for the amentities offered. Breakfast, pool, great location and friendly staff. The hotel was very helpful about finding places, they booked us a spa evening as well as gave us towels for our day excursion. One thing ot note is the hotel will charge you for too many of anything. Such as linens, towels or anything that needs to be laundered. The hotel location was amazing. Close to shops, food, bars, and history. Being right on the wall perimeter was nice since most tuk uk knew where it was an was accessable from all over city. Breakfast was average but edible. Bed was comfy and showers were a bit run down but a nice size. Hotel felt safe and was always guarded. All and all great hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 2, 2013

The best part of our stay was the location and the friendly staff. The bathroom had a very musty odour and was tiny and extremely difficult to use. The room was noisy, old and not maintained. We had an adjoining room and the people in that room were extremely loud until well after midnight. The dividing door did nothing to stop the sound and we could even see their lights through the cracks. The bed was like sleeping on concrete, the pillows the same and the towels were threadbare. We changed hotels after a few days and found much better hotels with better value. We are well seasoned travellers and give a lot of thought to our reviews.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights while exploring Chiang Mai. The hotel has a great location for exploring the old city. The hotel itself was quite nice and pretty good value. The staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were nice and well-equipped. The shower, however, was lukewarm at best. The pool, although small, was nice and a good way to cool down after a day in the hot sun!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank MushKen
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Tis hotel had an ok swimming pool but the rooms were old and worn. More than that, I was very disappointed with the lack of helpfulness of the staff. The computers do not have speakers or a microphone so when I lost my credit card and had to Skype, that wasn't an option, nor was a phone - all phones in the hotel were not working and I had to use a cell phone at the front. However I was most disappointed when they oh so helpfully offered to get me a taxi to the train station. They quoted me a ridiculous rate that far exceeded what I had paid the previous day for an hour long trip. This one, though they said it was 25 minutes, was only 10. Call me crazy, but I want my hotel to look out for me and help me not get scammed, rather than help me get scammed. I felt it better to be safe though and got them to book it only to have it be more than 30 minutes late. Rather than risk missing th train, we walked outside, stuck a hand up and got the first tuk tuk that passed. He still charged me more than the trip was worth, but was significantly cheaper.

Breakfast sucked- ants were everywhere! Gross.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Natasha S
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Firstly the location is great. Perfect for seeing the old city on foot as well as getting to the night market. We extended our stay to 4 nights. The staff were excellent. Didn't have breakfast so cann't comment. Room was upgraded which was also great! A really enjoyable stay. We got a good rate so were extremely pleased with it. The only downside maybe the bar next door that plays live music till around 11pm. Our room was on the front side but at the other end so we had no problems at all with it. But it would be a problem if you go to bed early And are close to it. Just ask for a room away from it! I would stay in again. A brilliant hotel for sightseeing with great service! Thank you to the staff!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed January 30, 2013

dont doubt it
this is the hotel to go in lovely chiang mai
great location, great rooms, great mattress.
I really recommend it, i have no complains
the only thing, dont book tours on the hotel because they are very pricey

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My mom, my boyfriend and I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. I originally booked two standard rooms but when we checked in, the hotel upgraded us to family connected rooms which waswesome and made our stay wonderful! Staff there is very friendly and helpful. The hotel is located very close to Tha Pha Gate and it's about 15 minutes walk to the Night Bazaar. The other feature of this hotel is that it has a nice outside pool. It's kinda small but good enough to chill at the tropical weather since it's consistently added in fresh water. Very pleased with the experience!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple