“Good place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Jonadda Guest House
Ranked #105 of 825 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This guest house is small (only 14 rooms) but the people there are nice and friendly. The owner Mac is very helpful and has a great deal of knowledge of tours and can help anyone find what they want in town. Rooms are clean , but the beds a re a little bit bad. Springs matteress are so so, but for the price they are a good deal.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I had a great time @ the Jonadda, hostel!. The room was clean, a good price, quality fan!. The owner (panadea) is top quality and SUPER helpful, from giving directions to booking services you cant go wrong! I came back to this Guest house on 3 different occasions- Thank you!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Nicole V
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed there for 3 nights. Very cheap for private bathroom w/ hot water double room and great location, for some reason they cleaned only once and never had enough toilet paper, but all in all ok.. the problems came when we reserved services through her. We bought a 1st class bus trip to Sukhothai from her for 330 baht + 30 each to bring the tickets to the guesthouse. We took this instead of the 240 baht 2nd class bus because it was very important for us to have a restroom on the bus for such a long drive, and told her so several times and double checked with her several times that there was one. It was so important for us hat we paid "ticket transportation" fee twice even though I highly doubt that the tickets came each on their own tuk-tuk, and again told her that all of this was because of the on-bus toilet. In the end not only that there was no toilet, we were on the 240 baht 2nd class bus, jut paid 120 baht more each!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Naty K
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed there in 2008 and was very happy with the sevice and room . It was very good value for 300 baht and the big breakfast for 90 baht . While i was out they washed and folded all my clothes for 60 baht . It was close to the the bars and nightlife . My room was clean and tidy and had a good clean bathroom . Panadda booked me on a coach to Korat and got me a top seat with plenty of legroom for the 12 hr trip . If it is still like it was then its good value accomadation with friendly service

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Nifty499736
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Great facilities, good price, awesome food and close to everything. What more do you want? The Guest House is clean, welcoming and Panadda is absolutely lovely. I booked in for 2 days and stayed for 6. Luckily it was low season so she didn't have a problem finding room for me. It is on a very quiet road but just around the corner from the market, cafe's and books stores. I also booked a trek through the Guest House which was brilliant, and I left my bags and valuables at the Guest House for free. I would recommend this place to anyone as it was my favorite Guest House in Thailand.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My partner and I walked into Jonadda where the landlady, Panadda, gave us a room for 400 Baht on the first night then offered us a discounted room price if we stayed longer and she "liked us" (an insulting requirement for paying adult customers.)

Now the double room we had was fine and I have few complaints. It was clean, airy, light, comfy bed, etc, and most problems were quickly remedied.

But on the ninth day (after she had dropped the price to 360 Baht per night, which we thought was fair) she found us at 7am waiting in the lobby for a visa run bus that we'd booked elsewhere. Upon informing her that we were going on a visa run that day, she suddenly announced that she'd be giving our room to someone else tomorrow! When I asked why, she replied "Because you didn't book a tour or the visa run with us!" I then asked, "Well how much is your visa run?" (I wasn't even aware that we could book this service through the guest house, and even if I had then we'd have based our choice on price and service rather than a previously undeclared and unreasonable obligation.) Without even looking me in the eyes, she angrily replied "That's not important now. You have to check out tomorrow!"

At not one point before this incident did she imply that we were somehow obliged to book a package/tour though her guest house in order to 'qualify' for staying there. And not that it should matter, but Panadda failed to take into account the breakfasts and many nighttime drinks (water, beer, etc) that we ordered from her kitchen during our stay there.

Panadda's attitude and words were unnecessary, rude, insulting and cast a dark cloud over an otherwise reasonable stay.

Also, the guest house has two dogs. One is a Poodle that is allowed to lay it's undercarriage flat on the table tops where food is served to guests. This is terribly unhygienic.

Before, I might have recommended this guest house. But now, having stayed in nicer places nearby in Chiang Mai, I would discourage anyone (especially seasoned travellers) from setting foot in Jonadda's reception.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Stephen T
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I got to Jonadda and checked in, thinking the place looked decent. The property itself is fine- I had no problem with my room. My problem occured when I got back from a tour at 5 pm on my second day, and the owner told me that she GAVE AWAY my room. I was going to stay for 3 nights, which she knew. She got upset on my first day when she found out that I had pre-booked a tour (3 months ago), because then she wouldn't get the bonus. I didn't realize though that she was going to give my room away, and leave me having to find a new place to stay during peak tourist season, at 5 pm. She wasn't apologetic or even nice about it. She just said she gave away the room she promised to me.

If you want to stay somewhere with a pushy owner, who makes you feel like you have to book tours with her, and then who punishes you by giving away your room when you haven't booked, then stay at Jonadda.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo