“A perfect place for a romantic dinner in Chang Mai”
Review of La Fourchette

La Fourchette
Ranked #11 of 2,269 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We selected this lovely looking restaurant for an romantic dinner in Chiang Mai
The chef recommended me the Trout, and wow it was tasty.
My housebound selected beef in pepper sauce, tender, juicy and cooked to perfection.
The waitress selected the perfect wine for our food.
For dessert we had apple tart with vanilla ice cream.
The waitress and the owner/chef OH, made this a special evening.
We loved this restaurant and found the service excellent and timely.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We had dinner last Friday,as soon as the restaurant opens,had been eyeing it since the least 3days as we only live opposite! The Thai lady appears to have good PR - after ordering,invite us to visit the gallery upstairs, an array of medals&memorabilia of the chef/owner are displayed, we had a splendid time taking photos.
The pumpkin soup was a great opening item, my friend had salmon salad, she loved it so much that she finished it all by herself;which is rare!
The duck in brandy was a delight as you chew the small portions and swallow it with the creamy sauce. I truly enjoyed my beef fillet in red wine, succulent and fulfilling.
We then savor the Chocolate Truffle and nougat for dessert,amazing texture. Before leaving I sip a cup of the 'capsule' type coffee, well...no surprise here. Nevertheless this has been 1 of our most memorable meal in Chiang Mai.
From course to course, the French chef will approach and ask about the food taste- if everything is satisfactory, we were touched by such detailed and sincere gesture. All these for only 50USD, I am in for the next visit.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Having read the reviews we popped in on Saturday night and were lucky to get a table, having not booked. We loved the experience and would highly recommend it.
I had the vichychoisse, which was delicious and a glass of house white, which was average. For main course we had the stroganoff and the rognons both were cooked to perfection and the vegetables were nicely presented and also delicious. We accompanied this with a nice bottle of Cotes du Rhone, this took a little time to arrive but it did not matter.
Overall the service was very friendly and made it a very enjoyable evening

Reviewed March 22, 2013

The waitress here is fabulous! She is short, thai and funny! She helped us decide on wine and she did great! Told her we wanted dry red and it was perfect! Complimented our meal! We ordered beef stroganoff and chicken in mushroom sauce. We ate every last bite because it was so good! The appetizer was a cheese pie. Very very good! We wished it was bigger! Right off a bigger street but was quiet with romantic ambiance. I would recommend this for couples or a nice business meal.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

My fiancé and I went here and debated between it and the Italian place next to it for about 10 min. Not to say the Italian place is not good (we have yet to dine there) but we were so happy that we did the French place. So very good. The short, adorable thai waitress was smiley and helpful in choosing wine to start. Very personable and quick witted! We had cheese pie to start; if you miss cheese while here in Chiang Mai, eat this. Slow, because its small. Perfection with wine. I ate the chicken in mushroom sauce and he had the beef stroganoff. Loved loved loved mine, thought his was good. He loved his, thought mine was good...sauces were delicous, weird but good mashed potatoes, veggies steamed very nicely. nice lighting, candles and ambiance for a romantic night. It was one of our pricier meals, but we had a bottle of wine. The owner/chef came out to ask how everything was. Nice touch!

1  Thank Romy4424