“Looking forward to my next stay at Santhitam Guest House”

Santitham Guest House
Ranked #63 of 784 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

I recently spent a week in Chiang Mai and had a lovely stay at Santhitam Guest House. I felt very much at home there from the minute I arrived. As well as very comfortable rooms the communal areas are relaxing. You can chill out on your own listening to the fountains, chat to guests and others who are around, whatever takes your fancy. Privacy is very much respected but when you need help or advice or anything else, Noland and his staff are more than happy to help. I look forward to my next visit to Chiang Mai and will definitely stay at Santhitam again.

• Stayed: October 2012

Reviewed September 8, 2012

We spent four days at the Santitham and it was a great stay. It is located close to downtown (10 minutes by bike, you don't have to rent them, they are available at the guest house) the staff is very kind and ready to help you. We arrived in the afternoon and the day after we had a written program based on our liking, amazing. We really appreciated the architectural style of buildings and the lovely interior design. The room was clean and cozy. We had great thai food at the Sabaidee restaurant, which also offers a great value for money.
If we had to head back to Chiang Mai, we'll go to Santitham, no doubt.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marco G
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Nolan made me feel very welcome, the rooms are beautiful and very clean. This place is like an oasis in the middle of a very busy city.
Nolan the owner even brought me to the airport on my last day, when he saw me walking with my suitcase. It is very close to ITM international thai massage school and it was the perfect combination. Thank you xx

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank SandraDevi
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed here for a week with my girlfriend in July and we had a wonderful stay. When we came to Chang mai we were searching for a traditional guest house or hotel and we found it! Starting at 750 baht we got a nice comfortable bedroom with a sharing (wonderful decorated) shower. Fortunately, the shower is only to be shared for 3 rooms (max 2persons), so theres a small chance you encounter another. For only 100baht per person, the guest house provides a good healthy breakfast (every day a lot of varied fruit) with some yoghurt and coffee and tea. They even gave the opportunity to use the kitchen (what we often did).

I would definitely come back again if I visit Chang mai, as the owner (who lives there as well) also gave very good tips and was very helpful and kind. They have the right connections, so if you needed transportation (car, tuktuk, bike), it was no problem and they can provide it to you for a decent price (in contrary to most hotels).

Finally, the housekeeper did a good job, as every single day the room was cleaned, as for the whole house. I recommend this place 100%, and if you have the budget, get the best room (for 1750 baht), IT IS AMAZING.

Only negative thing might be the location, depending on where you want to go every day. But you can get the Tuktuk for just 80 baht from the other part of the town, so it still wouldnt be a problem.

Enjoy!

Room Tip: any is good, just ask the owner if they can show you around the various types. Its definitely worth...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gregory B
Reviewed June 30, 2012

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at Santitham Guest House, while attending a Thai Massage training. The property is beautiful. The rooms and facilities are very clean and inviting. The staff are friendly, hard working and kind. The owner, Noland, is from the U.S. and is a native english speaker. He was incredibly helpful and gave us good recommendations on how to make the most of our stay in Chiang Mai. We felt at home and welcome. I also loved the location of the property. The Santitham area has a low key local charm. Our experience at Santitham Guest House was lovely.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank FarrawayUSA
Reviewed June 30, 2012

stayed here in april,i thought it was one of thenicest places i have stayed at in thailand. and i visit thailand at least twice a year, i rented one of the villas in the garden. oh what a wonderfull sleep. staff were all very helpful. the trips out with don were ok but i thought a bit expensive.but he was a charming guy. the food in the restaurant was and i do not exagerate fantastic and we ate there nearly every night,and my companion is thai and even he said that the food was excelent. sadly never got to meet noland .which was a shame as he seemed like a realy niice guy when i have contacted him, still i will definitly return to chiang mai and most definitly stay at the santitham again

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Booked to stay in Chiang Mai for a week but only stayed for two days due to it not being for us.

On arrival at guest house the manager was out so reported to the bar next door, the staff didnt really seem to know what was going on and asked us what room we had booked. We were taken to our our room which was a deluxe suite, we were given a twin when requested a double, I questioned this and was told the double was in use and that we could change the next day which was fair enough.

I would describe the rooms as average to good. The bathroom was smaller than expected however it was perfectly adequate.

There is a bit of traffic noise from outside, however this is not fault of the guest house.

I did contact the owner who was away via email whilst at the property with a couple of issues who did reply swiftly and sorted these out.

The breakfast consisted of a help yourself yoghurt, fruit, coffee and a pastry.

As stated booked out after 2 days not because of the hotel but due to not really liking the area. Was only charged the two nights stay and no penalty for leaving early for which we were grateful.

All in all a quaint little guest house with ice grounds.

Wanted to give this a 'good' rating however you can only give an 'average' or a 'very good' so I have given a 'very good' as I think it's better than average.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple