“Over the Top!”

Deep Relax Thai Massage & Spa
Ranked #25 of 203 Spas & Wellness in Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Owner description: Deep Relax Thai Massage and Spa is situated at 80/3 Ratchadamnoen Road, in the middle of the Chiang Mai old town square and next to the popular U Chiang Mai Hotel. It is a 3 storey town house white in color. Outside has a big urn with a water fountain. Deep Relax comprises of 1 Penthouse Grand Spa Room with attach restroom and shower with a private circular pool, 1 Spa Villa with outdoor pool and shower, 1 larger spa room with attach restroom and shower, 3 Thai massage rooms with flat beds. Designed and decorated with modern Thai interiors.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Over the Top!”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Smooth as Silk package for 2 on my birthday. There is not enough room here to say how great the experience was! From the owner to the therapists, even the reception staff, everyone was great!

Visited March 2014

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Penthouse massage”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

My husband and I got the penthouse suite for a couples oil massage. Cost 700 baht each and included a hot tea both before and after. This price is middle of the road for Chaing Mai. We were happy with the massages for the price and agree with other reviews that it isn’t the high class international spa experience, but still very good value for the price!

Visited April 2014
18 Thank Ryan B
Adelaide, Australia
105 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 212 helpful votes
“Great Value For Money - I Went Four Times”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Compared to other spas of this price bracket - Deep Relax well deserves five stars. However, please do not go somewhere higher end like Cheeva or Oasis and compare them to Deep Relax, its not comparing same with same.

For the price that you pay Deep Relax is excellent. However, please ensure you are going expecting a nicely run, clean, but not opulent spa experience. Everything is as you would expect for the price tags. The massage therapists are well trained, but not as skilful as I experienced at more expensive spas which are much better overall. Of course they charge you more. I sound like I am being repetitive, I just really want to emphasise Deep Relax is excellent when comparing it to other cheap to mid range spas and you would be doing it and yourself a disservice to compare them to Cheeva and Oasis.

I went four times in a ten day trip and each time I went the staff were very welcoming, recognised me and were able to fit me in without a booking.

On the first occasion I got the 'Wonderful Wellness' package for 1,400 THB. This included a foot massage, lemongrass oil massage and hot compress. My only criticism is the compress was too hot and I had to ask for it to be removed (and removed the one that was rested on my pelvis myself).

On the second day Mr PugHugger also came, we got a 1 hour foot scrub and wrap and a 1 hour oil massage (so two hours all up) for 1,200 THB each.

On the third day I went alone and had a facial, mani and pedi for 1,300 THB all up and 2 and a half hours. The facial was not amazing, I did not like the mask which smelt odd to me (I think it was seaweed) but this is just personal preference. The mani and pedi were very good.

Finally I had the 90 minute hot stone massage on my last visit. This was also very good. But some of the stones were too hot. That said, they quickly lost their heat.

So I emphasise for a cheap/mid range spa this place is excellent. The receptionist is very friendly and overall the service felt more welcoming that any other spa of this price point I have ever attended. For example I went to Khunka just down the road and did not feel welcome, so I left.

So please go and enjoy but be fair when you compare this establishment to places that charge two to three times the place!

Visited February 2014
16 Thank PugHugger
Deep Relax T, General Manager at Deep Relax Thai Massage & Spa, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear PugHugger,
We would like to take opportunity to thank you for your kind patronage and being a repeat customer to Deep Relax Spa. We are very grateful to learn that you have enjoyed your time and good moments with our team of therapists. We worked hard to ensure all things go smooth for each of every guest. Our management would like to thank you for your TripAdvisor review which
pointed out the character, service standards and prices at Deep Relax Spa which many people
had missed out. We look forward to serving you soon in future. Best wishes from our staffs and team of therapists. Sawasdee Krub.

Deep Relax Spa
Taipei, Taiwan
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great massage and wonderful customer service”
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

I had a 90 mins foot massage there plus pedicure, they even lend me a pair of flip-flops to go back to my hotel so I won't mess up with my new nail polish! Great staffs and super friendly

Visited March 2014
12 Thank NickyLin731
Honolulu, Hawaii
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 138 helpful votes
“No credit card”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Other than the final minute where we realized that credit cards weren't accepted... it was a nice experience. Not the best spa in my life but was of good quality for the price. Had a herbal and aromatherapy massage for 1.5 hrs for 1200 bhat. Not the cheapest option here but when I went to another spa called Lila down the street for a foot massage, the environment there was a lot more crowded and service pushy.

Visited January 2014
8 Thank echoytx
Deep Relax T, General Manager at Deep Relax Thai Massage & Spa, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear Guest echoytx,
Thank you very much for your patronage at Deep Relax Spa. We are delighted to learned that you have enjoyed our spa services provided for you. Again the character of Deep Relax Spa is Casual and Good Quality spa services but not high end. Our high end sister brand is INNERPEACE SPA which spa service prices are higher. Deep Relax Spa management would like to apologize to all guests for inconveniences caused for payments made only payable only in cash terms - Thai Baht or other foreign currencies as there are NO Taxes ++ or Service Charges included in the bills. We appreciate all guests understanding for not charged extra 20% taxes and service charges in order to help guests to save spendings. Thank you.