“Really Great Day!”

Thai Cottage Home Cookery School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are a small cookery school dedicated to ensuring visitors to beautiful Chiang Mai have a truly amazing experience learning about Thai traditional food, and the Thai food culture. We welcome all visitors at every level, whether a cooking novice or those who seek to build on existing abilities. Our highly experienced and patient teachers hope to pass on their skills and passion for Thai cuisine.
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My Husband and I had a really nice day out with others from all over the world! Our group included people from around America, The U.K, Taiwan, and us- the Aussies. A really fun group to spend the day with. Kat was our instructor and she was great! Her English was great and she really knew how to cook! At the start you get to tick which choices you would like to make- I would suggest if you are there with a friend/partner- choose different things, as then you get to share a bigger variety! We went off to the market with our baskets and were taken to a few little stalls where Kat showed us the ingredients we would be using. We then got to look around the local market and buy a drink! Then it was time to cook! This was awesome! Kat spent time showing us how to do it, and each recipe was so authentic! We ate each course in between our cooking and it really was one of the best Thai foods we ate in Thailand. The class went over time- but we didn't mind, had no where else to be that afternoon! We didn't get the free ride back to our hotel as we found that it was only a 3 minute walk back to our hotel at the Thapae Gate. Great location :) The certificate and recipe book that they print off for you individually is such a nice touch! Such an awesome home experience that we will never forget.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I was convinced to do this with my better half and after some initial reservations, we had a wonderful evening. Considering the time involved, the pick-up/drop-off and amount of food it is nothing short of phenomenal value, even for Thailand.
There may be more polished classes in Chiang Mai but I have to say I loved the home cooking and family aspect to this school.
We ran a little over time but that made it all the more enjoyable, I tend to try and do too much anyway so it was good to kick back and chat to fellow class mates over a beer (BYO).
All in all a very good experience, just need to get that book out and put it into practice!

1  Thank MarkLetterfrack
Reviewed March 21, 2013

A trip to the local market for a real feel of authentic Thai ingredients. Friendly cooking instructor very welcoming, a nice selection of foods to cook. We did the evening half day.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Thai cottage cooking school was the best evening I spent in chiang mai. Tu, our teacher was very friendly, informative and entertaining. Our 4 dishes were not only simple to make but delicious. I have no doubt that I could recreate some of these at home! The recipe book is an added bonus

1  Thank julianadvds
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Thai Cottage is a very friendly place that brings out the cook in you. A Thai friend recommended the school, and we had a great time here.
After being picked up from the hotel, we were taken to a local market to acquire some knowledge of the ingredients specific to the Thai cuisine. The cooking process was well organised and explained and there was ample time to ask question. I cooked Pad Thai, Sweet & Sour spicy shrimp soup, Paneng curry and mango with sticky rice. And ate like I was in a Thai restaurant. And Im not the best cook there is... Thanks Kat!

2  Thank Sander_VH