“Must stay here while in Chiang Mai!!”
Review of Diva Guesthouse

Diva Guesthouse
Ranked #26 of 806 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Diva guesthouse was Perfect in all ways a guesthouse could be. It was clean, has a ton of character, great breakfast (try the egg bagel sandwich and fruit muesli w/yogurt for breakfast!), is in a great location, laid back, and impeccable service. And most importantly made us feel at home. Ms. Jaeb was unbelievably kind and accommodating throughout our stay. She was flexible and extremely helpful in getting is on our feet in the city. She gave honest and knowledgable suggestions about what to do in Chiang Mai - our trek turned out to be exactly what we were looking for at a great price! And when I left my shoes out in the countryside ms. Jaeb did not hesitate to get them back for me. She knew my entire party by name and our schedules. We stayed in the family room which was perfect (andso affordable!) for 4 people. I have stayed in a lot of guest houses and hostels and this is by far one of the best.

Thank you so much Ms. Jaeb for making our experience in Chiang Mai a special one! If we are ever back in town we would stay no where else but Diva!! - tiffany, v, betsy, and Samina

Reviewed March 13, 2012

We stayed at diva's guesthouse for three nights and had the best stay. The woman at the front desk was by far the most helpful person we encountered in the seven weeks we had been traveling. Always incredibly upbeat and always going the extra mile to make our stay that much better. For the service we were getting, it was worth every penny! I HIGHLY recommend staying here

Reviewed March 13, 2012

I stayed in this guest house for 4 nights - the first 2 nights i was sharing a twin room with a friend upstairs and the last 2 nights I was downstairs in a private room. Both rooms were spacious and beautifully decorated. I really loved the atmosphere of Diva and especially the staff - all were extremely friendly and made me feel like I was part of the family! the breakfast is amazing, the best toast and jam I've had in the whole of Chiang Mai!

The location is perfect - there's a really good restaurant about 2 minute walk away that serves amazing food and is pretty cheap, (Ginny's cafe); the lobby of the Diva is a good place to relax and meet other travellers and theres lots of basic amenities close by such as internet cafes and laundry services.

I really loved my stay at Diva's and would definitely come back! A highly recommended place to stay!

Room Tip: The single/double room downstairs and round the corner on the left is a perfect size but not much of...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 8, 2012

While I must admit that the mattresses in the dormitory are a bit uncomfortable, you only pay 100THB per night. The location is ideal and bike rentals are around every corner, making self-guided exploration easy. The friendly staff who always sport a lovely smile, offer genuine recommendations to ensure that your stay in Chiang Mai meets your expectations.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 5, 2012

100baht a night for a dorm bed, I wasn't expecting too much. But the dorm, although small, is homely, clean, colourful and comfy. I met great people here as the reception lady is super helpful and great!! And the food is YUMMY!! If you book through her for day trips you get perks like free massage for the trekking trips, and the massages are top notch. Highly recommend this place for backpackers!!!

Reviewed March 3, 2012

I stayed at DIva Guesthouse while in Chiang Mai a couple weeks ago. It was fantastic experience. Part of what made it a great experience was the helpfulness of the staff. I believe her name was Geab, and she was one of the greatest people I have ever met.

My friend and I booked a two night trek with Geab, at Diva Guesthouse, the day we got to Chaing Mai. On day two of out trek we, unfortunately, needed to come back to Chaing Mai. When we arrived at DIva a day early Geab was there to listen to us and she even had a room for us. She was full of information about Chinag Mai and able to book local attractions for us, as well. I don't know if she owns the guest house, or simply works there all the time. But she was always available and always in a good mood.

Staying at DIva Guesthouse was an excellent choice for Chiang Mai.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Turned up in Chiang Mai and were pressed to find somewhere to stay, Diva offered us a larger room than we needed for a discounted price and found us space in their dorms for the next few nights!! Awesome place - great location, awesome staff (so helpful - they make everything so easy), reasonable price, well worth it! Would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends