“Fabulous teacher with delicious food”

Oriental Cuisine Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Owner description: Our class exclusively bring you to find out the art of Thai cuisine. You will learn all techniques of authentic Thai food.
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Our teacher Wawah was amazing. We are armature cooks and the food we was so easy to make but tasted so good.
Wawah personally came to pick us up from our hostel and from then we had such a fun day. She has a great character and is so easy to get along with which makes the cooking class have a relaxed atmosphere.
There are alot of cooking classes to choose from in Chiang Mai and we made the right choice when picking Oriental Cuisine. I highly recommend it to anyone wanting to learn Thai cooking.
Thank you so much for a great day.

5  Thank Claris12

Reviewed February 25, 2013

my husband and I booked a day class with Oriental cuisine (9-2pm). We were picked up promptly at our Hotel by Wawah and were pleasantly surprised to find out the we were getting a private lesson. Wawah took us to the local market to see learn about the local produce. Wawah is very knowledgable and you can tell she has a passion for cooking. It was great to see a market where all the locals shop too.

Afterwards, we were driven to the Oriental cuisine facility where we started cooking lessons. My husband and I chose separate menus so we each learn five courses each which included Pad Thai, Pad See we, Green Curry, red Curry Penang and spring rolls and clear broth soup. The majority of the ingredients are pre-portioned for you, but you have to do all the knife work and cooking. My favorite part was making the curry with mortal and pestle. The actual cooking in the wok was super fast and easy. You get to enjoy each dish afterwards. Each of are meals came out fantastic. My husband and I were so happy with the results. They even provide you with a book of recipes to bring home.

The other great part of our day was talking to Wawah about Thailand and learning about the culture, people, politics, education system, etc. We felt like we were sitting at home at our Thai friend's home. I am not sure if this wold have happened if the class was bigger that day, so we feel very fortunate.

Thank you Wawah and Oriental Cuisine for a very memorable experience!

5  Thank nycgir19l75
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

I would like to start by saying that Nice is a fantastic teacher! She was easy to understand and funny too! We had a small group of 6 cooking and all enjoyed ourselves immensely.

We were picked up at our Hotel and taken to the markets where we met Nice. She showed us all the ingredients we were using and answered any questions we might have. We then went back to her home and started cooking. We made 5 dishes and they were all delicious!

Overall it was a great evening and enjoyed every moment! A must do in Chiang Mai!

4  Thank Liane T
Reviewed February 23, 2013

During our stay in Chiang Mai, we decided to do some cooking classes. Not easy to decide which school to chose with plenty of schools around town... Classes with Wawah were fun, food was just amazing; I ate the best green curry and Pad thai ever and now I am able to do the same at home! You should definitely go for it!

4  Thank Marie C
Reviewed February 19, 2013

There are lots of cooking schools in Chiang Mai, but this one was an excellent choice for me and my husband.

Instructor Wawah is funny, sweet and a great teacher. She starts the day with a trip to the market, which is super interesting and was very helpful for us to learn about Thai ingredients. The cooking class itself is low-stress and fun, and Wawah is amazing at breaking down the process and teaching you how to create amazing Thai food without having any background in the cuisine.

We left the class very stuffed from our own delicious meals and confident that we can now cook Thai food at home. If you don't finish, you can take your leftovers home -- but we had no problem licking our plates. Also, watch out for the cutest puppy ever, who may make an appearance in the sweet little spotless home where the classes are taught.

A great value and also super fun -- we laughed and cooked and ate all day long. What else could you want?

4  Thank Debra K