Kodchasri Thani Chiang Mai
Eurasia Chiang Mai Hotel(Chiang Mai)(Great Value!)
$32
Travelocity
$72
$58
Agoda.com
Mercure Chiang Mai(Chiang Mai)
$33
$32
Trip.com
$169
$109
Rainforest Boutique(Chiang Mai)(Great Value!)
$28
$44
$42
Hotels.com
Empress Hotel(Chiang Mai)
$59
$52
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsold citywithin walking distancesmall gymbeautiful hotelwestern foodmassage placesa nice place to stayeach eveningsunday walking streetnice poolcentral locationboutique hotelnight bazaarthailandoasischiangwats
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 10, 2013

This hotel is a gem. I would love to give it a perfect 5, but there are some dogs they keep (owner I think) that would bark now and then. I hate any disturbances, so a four. Its location is in the center of town, but the hotel is serene and peaceful the second you enter from the street. As other reviewers stated, the grounds are stunningly beautiful and it was a so peaceful (except for the few times the dogs went crazy). Stayed for close to a week and was happy with the breakfast buffet the every morning. Staff were great. Would stay there again for sure, but hope they keep the dogs happier so they are less noisy.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights and loved it. Our room was very large and beautifully furnished and the bathroom was modern with a great shower. Everything was spotless and the bed was turned down in the evenings. The public areas of the hotel are quirky and comfortable and the restaurant has an outdoor dining area adjacent to the pool. There is also a small fitness centre which my husband used each morning overlooking the pool area which my husband used each morning. Breakfast was included in the very reasonable room rate and there was a sufficient variety to suit most people. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful and always smiling. My only negative was their wine list which I think could be greatly improved however I would gladly return to this charming oasis in the heart of the old walled city.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We booked this boutique hotel after seeing it on trip advisor. We were not disappointed , it's ten minutes from the airport , set within the old town. It's totally beautiful, there is always something that catches your eye, gorgeous orchids everywhere.
The staff were very helpful and when we arrived I didn't like the ground floor room, they changed it for another room on the first floor. Every evening they bring tea and cakes to you room, as they have their own bakery at the hotel.
Breakfast was very good, a huge choice. The passion fruit jam was amazing.
We decided to stay longer at the hotel as it was so nice. They arranged a car for us for a day trip out.
We were there for New Years eve and we had a great time at a dinner the hotel organised, amazing evening.
Lovely hotel, lovely staff.

Room Tip: There is a night club close to the back rooms which you will hear if you stay in those rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2013

This was my first trip to Chiang Mai. I was very pleasantly surprised by this very comfortable hotel. Much nicer than I expected. Very nicely located in inside walled part of city. Many interesting sight-seeing places within easy walking distance. And many great cafes and restaurants nearby. Wonderful breakfast cafe (included in rate). Beautiful pool, but cold water. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed here on our honeymoon .... found the service staff very accomidating and help a lot with treking tours for our stay there. The rooms are a little small, but it was not that big of a deal since we were gone for most of the day. Roooms are kept clean as well as the pool area and the free wi-fi and breakfast buffet is an added bonus. Location is great as well ... short walk to the night market, Sunday market, and is only a few blocks away from a row of food stands on the south east part of the old city. Found that for the cost, location, and service, this was a great value

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple