“child-friendly, wonderful landscapes”

and up
Private Tour: Full-Day Authentic Hill Tribe Villages in Chiang Mai
Ranked #19 of 299 Tours in Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Owner description: Provides off-the-beaten-path tours of Northern Thailand that aim to show you what life and culture for Northern Thais and hilltribes is really about, in a responsible and respectful way. Our guide will take you out of the tourist bubble and together you will share a true cultural immersion experience that is authentic and educational. Offering 1-multi day private tours, can be tailored and great for all ages and families.
Reviewed May 1, 2011

I went to North of Thailand during Songkran alone with my 3-year daughter and we had a wonderful time. The vehicle was comfortable, and Pat and the driver made very interesting stops for my child. We went to the orchid garden, tiger temple, elephant trek, bamboo rafting...We also appreciated all the stops in the real villages where I ate the most delicious strawberries ever. Oustanding landscapes, very friendly staff. I deeply recommend this tour.

1  Thank caliningrad
in 9 reviews
"different cultures"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed March 25, 2011

Travelling in the north of Thailand is an adventure. You will get so much more out of it using a good guide that can make sure you come close to what you are interested in, help you avoid the traps, deal with small practical issues etc.
Melissa helped me plan averything in a very good and pleasant way. Daeng, my guide, did a great job, and the driver was careful driving up and the down the very steep roads.
Highly recommended.
Goran

2  Thank Kalledussin
Reviewed December 22, 2010

My initial contact was with Melissa, and promptly my e-mails were answered. Our destinaton was Ang Khang, way up the mountain.
We were looking for a small company, with local knowledge,allowing us to visit the hills people (Lahu, Lisu and Hmong), while supporting them through the crafts that the made. We found this in Pat our guide and A our driver. Pat has a passion for the hills people and supporting them through tourism. I came home with 10 scarfs, grass bangles and a paper bag made from elephant dung. We tasted many new foods, and enjoyed the beautiful flowers, fruits from the cooler climate. A made the hair pin bends seem very easy and it was great to sit back in the 4wd. and relax. We felt very honoured to have shared in this experience with Thailand Hilltribe Holiday Tours and leave with wonderful memories.
Janice&Ray Adelaide South Australia

2  Thank joeblow020
Reviewed December 21, 2010

I was one of four mature women adventurers who enjoyed two one day treks with Pe.
We spent a fabulous day up the Selawin River, across to Myanmar and back to a little hilltribe village in Thailand. Tip - Do remeber to take your own packed lunch and drinks on this trip as food is not readily accessible.

On our second trek with Pe we visited 3-4 hilltribe villages near Melanoi. What an interesting day. Travel with Pe is such a pleasure as he is such a knowledgeable guide. You are assured of a tour with a difference and you get a CD of photos as a souvenir of your tour.