“Reason it's rated so high”
Review of Cheeva Spa

Cheeva Spa
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Cheeva Spa from the moment you enter offers a warm and relaxing environment. You will feel the difference straight away. We have shown and proven that to fully enjoy a day spa, the optimal time is 2.5 hrs - 3.0 hrs. Our packages are priced and designed to help You, Relax for a Longer Life. Your life is already rushed and hectic. Maximize your time of relaxation and wellness here at Cheeva Spa. We have private couples Villas/Rooms available, at two (2) locations to serve you better. All of our packages may be done individually or with a partner. Make your reservation today on our website. (Don't forget to view our current promotions) Transportation is complimentary to/from hotels within the City of Chiang Mai. Come experience our Lanna hospitality here at Cheeva Spa, where we are Proud to be Lanna.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed March 5, 2014

This spa was rated pretty high with lots of good reviews so we decided to book 3 days with Cheeva Spa before we even arrived in Chiang Mai. It was such a great way to end our long days of touring around the area. Our first night we had booked reflexology treatments and my wife wanted the 6 step facial. After arriving and seeing the quality of the facility I asked if I could book a 60 min massage while my wife had her treatment. Luckily they had space and staff available. They even let us use a couples room so we could have our treatments together. Everything was fantastic that night. After our treatments we were given a little snack of mango with sticky rice and some ginger tea. The owner Marc then drove us back to our hotel, but on the way we mentioned we hadn't had dinner yet. Marc offered to drop is off at a nice French restaurant near our hotel. Chez Marco was an excellent way to end our first day in Chiang Mai.

We did take one night off, but returned the next two nights for some massage. I had a 90 min deep tissue massage and my wife had a 75 min 4 hands massage. My wife said it was amazing. My massage was great as well. Only problem was that we wanted to be in the same room, but the couples room couldn't accommodate the four hands massage (2 masseuse + my masseuse). After our treatments we were provided with nice snack of yogurt and ginger tea. Again Marc dropped us off and gave us some great info about the city during the ride to our hotel.

The last night though was the best. We booked the 90 minute traditional Thai massage, and it was amazing. We live in Dubai and try to get a massage every couple of weeks, including the occasional Thai massage. The therapists at Cheeva were the best we have ever experienced. Great technique and always checking to make sure you are comfortable. Very smooth in all movements for the stretching, just all around great. After our Thai massage we were treated to mango with sticky rice and more ginger tea. It's mango season right now, so it was truly a delicious way to end the evening.

A previous review had mentioned issues with paying with credit card, however we paid all three nights with card and never had an issue. Just one suggestion would be to offer another kind of tea besides ginger only. Other than the free tea, there just isn't anything to complain about lol. Highly recommend Cheeva Spa!

1  Thank MCI-KBP
CheevaSpa, Owner at Cheeva Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Thank you for such a timely review here on tripadvisor.com, my apologies for such a late response.

It was a pleasure to look after you and your wife for your short visit here to Chiang Mai. I hope this will become a regular weekend or long weekend getaway for the two of you.

Most of our rooms are for couples and we will pair up couples, as separate rooms must be requested in advanced, and even then we shall do our best to accomodate. However, for a four-hands massage our rooms and villas, are not large enough to comfortable accommodate 6 persons without feeling cramped/over-crowded.

It's an honour when customers book multiple days in advance, and even more so when it's your first time visiting the spa. Thank you for taking the risk on our spa for multiple sessions during your short stay here in Chiang Mai.

We are happy to suggest or reccommend restaurants based on our personal impressions, and in the future we will have a list of places that we have enjoyed as well as our customers such as yourself.

We shall keep the offer of the tea in mind, and it is not a problem to give more of the welcome tea at the end of your session as well as the water.

Please be sure to send an email, as we look forward to your return to Chiang Mai.

Best wishes,

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I read online countless of other good reviews. Agreed, that the service is impeccable. I had a foot massage and a traditional thai oil massage. The value for money itself is incredible and I was picked up and dropped off at the spa from my hotel which was included in the cost.

After the experience, I was given some mango and sticky sweet rice as an appetizer alongside some delicious ginger tea.The treatments were perfect. I loved the foot massage including soaking my tired toes in rose petals and lemongrass. It was an amazing treat.

CheevaSpa, Owner at Cheeva Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review here on tripadvisor.com. It's always nice to read how someone read through the reviews, made the decision to come visit based on the reviews, and was thoughtful enough to leave a review, even if not the day after visiting.

We are happy to provide complimentary transportation to/from hotels within the City of Chiang Mai when booking any of our spa packages.

I am happy to read that you have enjoyed the extra little touches that we provide to all customers.

Please be sure to let us know when you return to Chaing Mai, as we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.

Best wishes,

Reviewed February 27, 2014

First things first, this is an amazing spa. A little expensive than the average spas around the city, but worth the cost.
It's best to go to Cheeva if you plan to spend a couple of hours in the spa. if you wanted only a foot massage for eg, you might not feel the difference.
They are very conveniently located and very professional. Definitely thumbs up recommend

CheevaSpa, Owner at Cheeva Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

Thank you very much for the very kind accolades as well as your review here on tripadvisor.com.

I would like to echo your "spend a couple of hours" sentiment. While we are happy to do a foot massage for one hour, or other treatments for an hour, I highly recommend that you take the opportunity to spend more time here at the spa. I believe 3 hours to be a nice amount of time, it sounds like a long time, until you are here in the spa, and then you realize the time has flown right by. Our motto is Relax for a Longer Life, and we encourage everyone to take time to breathe and enjoy. We are not here to get you in and get you out, we want you to come in take time and enjoy your time with us here at Cheeva Spa.

We are located just north of the northwest corner of the old city, very easy to find (regardless of what some may say) (just 300 meters due north of Chiang Mai Ram hospital).

We look forward to seeing you again when you return to Chiang Mai. Please be sure to email or book online via our webstie.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

I stayed in Chiang Mai for 10 days on February 2014 and was happy to find this place, so much so that i revisited it for an encore.If you are in for a quick fix for your tired legs any place is as good as the other in Chiang Mai. But if you want the real stuff this is the place !
A good 25 minute walk from the centre of the old town and going north west the distance should not be a problem as the place offers pick ups for customers.
The ambience and cleanliness of the place were good. The stuff that i met were professional, my masseuse was Boeng who clearly has been around this job for a while and was patient and attentive. It is a good idea to clarify the amount of pressure that one is comfortable with during the massage as these ladies although not grand in stature do possess great manual power that could overwhelm some. They do provide a form with your preferences in any case but make sure you clarify this point.
The packages are rich and they vary in time and program, yet they are not pricey. I enjoyed a 4 hour package both times with a slight different routine. Very much enjoyed the milk bath with coconut, lime and flowers. The massages of course, the hot stones and the steam bath. In between you do get some treats such as sticky rice pudding, yogurt and ginger tea.
At the end of my second visit i had a small chat with the Thai lady owner and Mark, her partner from the states. Both were delightful.
Keep up the professional work guys.

CheevaSpa, Owner at Cheeva Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Thank you for leaving a review here on tripadvisor.com It was a pleasure to have met and spoken with you. It's always an honour when customers come in for multiple visits during their short stay here in Chiang Mai.

We are happy to offer complimentary transportation to/from the spa when booking any of our spa packages. Yes, we are located just outside of the old City, approximately 250 meters due north of the northwest corner of the city. I would like to believe we are very easy to find.

Yes, I believe you asked to create your own package (which we are happy to do), and/or modify one of our existing packages. We understand that even with our variety people may want something different. We are happy to work with your to make the best possible package for your. Especially for those that wish to have the longer packages during a short visit, some treatments are not recommended (body scrub) so close together.

With regards to pressure, as "pressure" is such a relative term, I hope that all our therapists check in with you with respects to the amount of pressure given. Just be advised that while we do our Aromatherapy Oil massages as an actual massage and not just an 'oil rubdown' (as you may find elsewhere), it is not a deep tissue massage, so asking for "strong" and expecting deep tissue work is not always possible. We do have a deep tissue massage available, and you may substitute a deep tissue massage in our spa packages (for an additional fee). I do not believe any massage should be painful, it may be uncomfortable or periods of discomfort, but not painful. I want all of my therapists to work with you, work with your body, and if you are in pain, this is neither good for you nor the spa.

We look forward to your return to Chiang Mai. Please do stay in touch as I look forward to talk more with you in the future.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Last minute, I showed up here after reading spa reviews on this site.
I walked in and was given the royal treatment from start to finish.
I got a spa package that included a body scrub, detox wrap, massage, and facial.
I didn't have my expectations too high, as I was a walk-in, and wasn't sure if i would be getting someone good to give me the massage.
Luckily, I was wrong. I have had hundreds of massages in my life but seriously, this was one of the best. I could tell that my massage therapist was putting 100% effort into the entire treatment. It was a very unique experience. I felt that she was fully present in the moment, and paying attention to every movement her hands made. It is kind of a subtle thing, but something I definitely noticed.
I was so relaxed I fell asleep halfway through the facial!
This place was definitely a splurge, especially for Thailand. It was very expensive. But compared to Western services and prices, it was quite cheap. A comparative spa experience in the US would have cost me 3 times as much as I paid.
When I go back to Chiang Mai, I will definitely be going here again.

I would like to thank you for leaving a review here on tripadvisor.com. We hear so many people say the same, we read the reviews and made our decision based on the reviews, so it's always and honour and a pleasure to read the reviews given. (I understand as I am guilty as well of not leaving a review as I have promised.)

So nice to see that you have shared pictures of your experience. We have so many people taking pictures, but few have shared. Thank you for sharing yours.

It sounds like you had our Sabai-dee package 3.5 hrs (body scrub/body wrap/back, head & shoulder massage/aromatherapy oil massage/facial treatment). It's nice that you were able to walk in and have the staff treat you as you deserved to be treated. I try to impress upon my staff to give their best for every customer. I am happy to hear that you could feel this effort.

"I fell asleep halfway through the facial". Let me say this, it is not a crime to fall asleep during your spa treatments. There is NO extra charge if you happen to fall asleep or even just doze off. All I ask is that if it happens, allow it to happen, don't try to fight it.

Yes, our prices may seem relatively high when compared to the numerous massage shops around town. However, as a Thai Lanna Identity Spa, I'm sure you'll find our prices are more than reasonable in comparison to similar spas especially those in west.

We look forward to your return to Chiang Mai. While I am always happy to have walk-in coustimers, please take advantage of our online booking so we can insure that you get the package you want when you want. I am looking forward to the opportunity to serve you again, I hope we can maintain this recommendation.