“Amazing”

Cheeva Spa
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Cheeva Spa from the moment you enter offers a warm and relaxing environment. Our packages are designed to help you Relax for a Longer Life. Our most popular package happens in a very brief three (3) hours. We have couples rooms/Villas available. All of our packages may be done alone or with a partner. Reservations may be made very simply via our website.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

Booked 2 different spa packages for my friend and me. Found the spa through Tripadvisor. Went to the website and did all my bookings online. They offered different spa packages and were very detailed about what each package included. We were picked up from our hotel by a very nice gentlemen at the appointed time. Love the place. We had our foot massage first in a private room. Then we were led to separate huts and had the most awesome spa experience. The lady who did my massage was very nice and very professional. The massage wasn't too hard or too soft. It was just nice. Fell asleep as it was so good. While I was soaking in the milk bath, I was served mango sticky rice and a drink. That was surprising. At the end of the spa we were also served with some fruits. After the spa, the same gentlemen drove us back to our hotel. We would have gone to the spa again but due to time constraint didn't manage to. Will definitely go again if we are in Chiang Mai.

1 Thank Radhiah
CheevaSpa, Owner at Cheeva Spa, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review here on tripadvisor.com. It's always nice to read that readers have "given back". As honest and current reviews are beneficial not only for us, Cheeva Spa, but for all the users of tripadvisor.com.

Thank you for booking via our website, and we are happy to provide complimentary transportation when booking any of our spa packages within the City of Chiang Mai.

It is not a crime to fall asleep during your session, and we don't charge extra if you do happen to nod off.

You were able to be in one of our four villas that we have for our spa treatments. It's always an honour to hear and read that the Therapist listened and was very professional in their service.

I am sorry to hear that you were unable to visit the spa a second time. But, I understand this tends to be a problem when there are so many activities to take advantage of here in Chiang Mai when visiting for such a short time. When you return to Chiang Mai, I am sure you will allow more time to spend here in our Charming City.

We look forward to your return, and the opportunity to serve you again.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Exquisite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

All round great experience: free transportation with our spa packages, beautiful premises, professional staff, great treatments, great products and a nice snack at the end. I will take the owners advice and book for both the beginning and the end of my trip next time.

CheevaSpa, Owner at Cheeva Spa, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review here on tripdvisor.com. All reviews are greatly appreciated, and your honesty is most welcomed.

It was a pleasure to have met the two of you. I am happy to read as it was just a fulfilling ot have met you and hear how pleased you were with our services.

I look forward to your return to Chiang Mai, as well as seeing you here in the spa shortly after said arrival.

I do try to recommend a spa visit at the beginning of one's visit to Chiang Mai, as this not only allows time for a second visit, but more importantly, it helps to set the tone and settle in for what many times is a very short stay here in our Charming City.

I look forward to many people taking your advice, and please be sure to let us know when you are in town again.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Distinctly average, overpriced”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

This spa was actually a lot more expensive than other spas in Chiang Mai and the main reason my husband and I booked it was because of the positive reviews on Trip Advisor.

I think the photos are misleading and the actual 'massage huts' are far more basic, small, dark and dinghy then the pics show you.

The treatment was 'ok', nothing special and definitely not justifying close to £130 for 2 people to have basic massages with cheap products in small cramped / dark rooms.

I want to emphasise though that the staff were lovely and helpful and the ginger tea and mango sticky rice snack was a nice touch.

Just disappointed with the
1) Value for money
2) Quality of products (considering price didn't see any particularly special scrub or massage products used
3) Dinghy massage rooms

Would not recommend

1 Thank roxy_83uk
CheevaSpa, Owner at Cheeva Spa, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review here on tripadvisor.com. While I understand every review can't be glowing, I am always happy to read honest opinions of everyone's impression of the spa.

With regards to price, I'm sure if you were able to compare us to similar quality spas you'll find that our prices are well in line if not below. I also understand there are many many shops and spas here in Chiang Mai from which to choose from as well.

I am sorry to hear that you feel that our products, 100% all natural oils for massage, and our 100% natural and organic facial products did not meet your standards and you felt they were very cheap. Not much I can do about what your expectations may have been. As we do not sell any of our products as yet, I guess it may be easy to surmise that the quality must be less than other spas as they are not for retail. I apologize for not having heavily perfumed items to use, but using simple natural products to take care of you and our other customers.

Value, quality, dingy massage rooms. At least its nice to know that the staff were "lovely" albeit mediorce service.

I thank you for giving balance to many of the other reviews stating how we offer a great value for the money. It's reviews like yours, that allow readers/reviewers here on tripadvisor.com to know that the reviews given are real and accurrate. We do our best to please everyone that come through our doors, and unfortunately, on some instances we fall short. My apologies for the inferior serivce that was lacking per your standards and the appearance of the spa not being up to the photos on the website or here in tripadvisor.com.

For everyone else, please understand we are a Thai Lanna Identity spa, we do our best to provide a warm and comfortable atmosphere that is conducive to helping you relax and let go during your time here with us. We are an urban day spa, rich with Lanna Hospitality. We are not fancy, per se. Nor are our decorations over the top and extravogant. We do our best to maintain a simple charm that is Chiang Mai and Lanna. We do use 100% natural oils and essential oils and 100% natural and organic products for our facials. Said products to be available for retail in the very near future, so maybe then our products won't appear, as if we have something to hide.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave a review. I hope you were able to take time and visit another one of the other spas here in Chiang Mai. I would hate for you to leave our charming city with such a poor impression of the quality of the spas available here in Chiang Mai, after a disappointing visit to Cheeva Spa.

Humbly yours,
Sao Paulo, SP
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Bueng magical hands!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

My husband and I had a great experience at the spa!
The booking process is very easy and the response is very fast!
They provide transportation from the place of your convenience.... Hotel, restaurant...
I even changed the time of my visit on a short notice and was able to have my massage reschedule without any trouble!
We had the Lanna Healing Package and it was great! My therapist was Bueng and I strongly recommend her! First you fill in a form and can choose how strong you like your massage (I like strong). I could not imagine how she could have such strong fingers! She even knows what part of my body needed special atention... My case right part of my back and right shoulder!
At our reception we had the welcome iced tea wich was absolutely delicious! And as soon as the massage was over... The best mango sticky ice I tasted in Thailand ( and I tasted several!)...
A must go!!!!

CheevaSpa, Owner at Cheeva Spa, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to write a review here on tripadvisor.com. It was a pleasure to have met the two of you.

We are happy to make changes to the best of our ability and as the scheduling permits.

Each of you had our Lanna Healing Package (Traditional Thai Massage/Back Head & Shoulder massage/Thai Herbal Hot Compress massage) a two hour package.

Bueng is definitely one of our assets here at Cheeva, we are very proud of the work she does and how well she cares for "her" customers. She's also eager to work and do her best to help fix any issues/problems she finds during the course of the massage. I am happy to hear that you were very satisfied with her massage, and I will be sure to make sure she reads your review.

I think, you may have been a bit hungry, which made the mango and sticky rice taste a little bit better...

When you return to Chiang Mai, I hope you are able to spend more time in our Charming City, as well as being able to spend more time here in the spa.

Please be sure to email us when you are due to return again, as we look forward to being able to serve you again. Don't forget to mention you would like to have Bueng as your therapist.

Warmest regards,
Chiang
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Strongly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

We have just been to this Spa and chose ourselves a 3,5 hr full treatment and actually even got over 4 hrs of massage, face and body treatment.
Part of the massage was in the Thai way, so using knees, elbows and body weight. You have to take this. The oil massage was great as well.
We were picked up and brought back to our hotel.
Everybody of the staff was super friendly and we right away felt comfortable. The Spa isn't very big, but well decorated, clean and comfortable treatment room.
Our overall experience was great and we loved the long treatment.
Fred&Carla, Netherlands.

1 Thank Carla D
CheevaSpa, Owner at Cheeva Spa, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you for leaving a review here on tripadvisor.com.

Your kind words are greatly appreciated. We are not a "big" spa but we do our best to provide clean and comfortable treatment rooms.

We are happy to provide complimentary transportation to/from the spa within the city of Chiang Mai when booking any of our spa packages.

It's always nice to read how people have enjoyed their time with us here in the spa. And always nice to read how more than 2 hours is not such a long time as your 3.5 hours was a nice amount of time to spend here in the spa.

When the two of you return to Chiang Mai, please be sure to let us know, as we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.