“Serenity and Bliss for a Great Price”
Review of Cheeva Spa

Cheeva Spa
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Cheeva Spa from the moment you enter offers a warm and relaxing environment. You will feel the difference straight away. We have shown and proven that to fully enjoy a day spa, the optimal time is 2.5 hrs - 3.0 hrs. Our packages are priced and designed to help You, Relax for a Longer Life. Your life is already rushed and hectic. Maximize your time of relaxation and wellness here at Cheeva Spa. We have private couples Villas/Rooms available, at two (2) locations to serve you better. All of our packages may be done individually or with a partner. Make your reservation today on our website. (Don't forget to view our current promotions) Transportation is complimentary to/from hotels within the City of Chiang Mai. Come experience our Lanna hospitality here at Cheeva Spa, where we are Proud to be Lanna.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We wanted a special spa experience for my husband's birthday and Cheeva Spa exceeded our expectations. We chose the Romantic Package so that we could have our spa treatments side-by-side in a beautiful and serene private setting. We had four amazing treatments -- and the price for our three hour experience was less than what we would have paid in the US for one treatment. And the price included being picked up and being returned to our hotel by the spa's driver .Afterwards we walked around the garden and fountain area and hated to leave the serenity of this place. Mark and the other people who worked there were very friendly.

Since our hotel staff made the arrangements, they mentioned that it was my husband's birthday and a special cake with tea was waiting for us after our treatments. Plus he was serenaded with Happy Birthday -- Thai style -- by four lovely masseuses.

We had massages at other places in Chiang Mai, but this was our favorite.

1  Thank Mimi M
CheevaSpa, Owner at Cheeva Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here on tripadvisor.com, as well as a special day in you and your husband's lives with us here at Cheeva Spa.

The two of you enjoyed our Romantic Package a very short 3 hours (foot massage/body scrub/hot oil massage/facial treatment). This is one of our customers favourite packages of choice.

We are happy to provide complimentary transportation to/from hotels within the City of Chiang Mai when booking any of our spa packages. Also, when given some advance notice we try to do a little something extra for birthdays (however, we cannot guarantee we can do for everyone), even if it's just taking a moment to wish the birthday boy/girl a very happy birthday. Especially for those hotels whom we have a special relationship with. Of course it's much easier for everyone to do online via our website, as we have a section for additional requests where you can let us know of the special occasion.

It's always a pleasure to hear of the many places in Chiang Mai to have a massage and/or spa services we are a favorite.

We look forward to your return to Chiang Mai. Please be sure to let us know prior to your arrival, by sending an email or booking online.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Was there today for a two hour spa treatment. It was excellent. First of all the place is very clean, lovely decorated and the attention paid to details is just wonderful. I opted for the foot massage, followed by a head/shoulder/neck massage and finishing with a hot oil full body massage. All three were great and because of the little questionnaire at the beginning the lady knew exactly what parts to concentrate on and so forth. The entire time I was in a room to myself, perfect temperature (no freezing aircon but one set to 25 degrees which was just right), dimmed lights, oil smelled beautiful ... a completey different experience to the Lila Spa the day before: chattering ladies during our massages, one big room with no curtains seperating you from the rest of the guest.
The massages even lasted for 15 minutes longer than the two hours I had booked so you really do get your moneys worth. Icetea at the beginning, hot ginger tea and yummy coconut joghurt at the end. Absolutely perfect the whole way - thank you very much, it was great!

CheevaSpa, Owner at Cheeva Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review here on tripadvisor.com. my apologies for such a delayed response.

I am happy to hear that you had a very pleasant experience with our Harmony Package (foot massage/back, head & shoulder massage/hot oil massage). It is always an honour to hear such high praise from those that frequent spas and get massage regularly.

It is always nice to read about how we compare to other spas in the area. I am saddened to hear that your experience at another spa was that of massage shop behaviour. As there are many Spas and massage shops to choose from here in Chiang Mai, a situation rather unique to many places in the world. I hope to never hear of such behaviour here at Cheeva Spa or any of the 14 other Thai Lanna Identity Spas in Chiang Mai (Lila spa not being a Thai Lanna Identity spa). We are happy to be a part of the wonderful spa industry here in Chiang Mai, Thailand.

Your comments and kind words are greatly appeciated. We look forward to your return to Chiang Mai.

Best wishes,

Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Once again we had a relaxing time at Cheeva Spa ,My second visit was equal to the first visit last year.Wonderful atmosphere with friendly smiling staff.
Well worth the money.

CheevaSpa, Owner at Cheeva Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review here on tripadvisor.com.

It's always a pleasure and an honour when return visitors to Chiang Mai return again to the spa.

While I am happy that we were equal to your first visit, I wish we could have done a little better.

We do our best to maintain and hopefully exceed the high standard of customer service we have set for the spa as well as our customers.

Thank you again for coming and we look forward to seeing you next year.

Best regards,

Reviewed February 20, 2013

this is an excellent spa with professional services. it is a expensive for Chiang Mai, yet worth a one time visit.

1  Thank Maggie W
CheevaSpa, Owner at Cheeva Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review here on tripadvisor.com. All reviews are welcomed and greatly appreciated.

I am happy to read your very kind words about the spa and quality of services rendered here at Cheeva Spa.

With regards to your comment of being "expensive", I'm sure you will find that when compared to other similar spas of service and quality here in Chiang Mai, you'll find our prices are more than reasonable. And for those that wish to compare our prices with the plethora of massage shops available here in Chiang Mai, our prices will appear to be rather expensive. But, relative to western spas, one would be hard pressed to receive the same services and value for the money as given here at Cheeva Spa.

I hope that we were not a one time visit, and we have the opportunity to see and serve you again in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I am a great lover of a good spa and was so lucky as to find this little gem of a spa through TripAdvisor.

I booked the Luxury Package through their website and was picked up at our hotel by a driver from the spa. In no time I was entering the front door and was greeted by a very, very welcoming staff.

I was let into a little room where I was served some coconut water and my feet were put in a little bath with rose petals and pandan leaves. After a while Pui (the most amazing therapist!) came to get me and walked me through a pretty little garden to a hut, where the treatments were to take place.

The treatments were wonderful. From the beginning through to the end was like being in a 4 hour meditative state of mind.

Marc, the very sweet part owner, drove me back to the hotel and we had a lovely talk about the city, spas, life...

Can fully recommend this place to anyone looking for a 5 star experience at really reasonable prices.

1  Thank Marie_Havnoe

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review here on tripadvisor.com. It is always a pleasure to hear from spa afficionados and to receive their honest feedback.

It is very nice to hear that the beginning of your spa treatment got off to a wonderful start. As you enjoyed our Luxury Package (Foot massage/steam or body wrap/body scrub/aromatherapy milky bath/aromatherapy oil massage/facial treatment) for only four (4) brief hours in one of our four private villas.

It was a pleasure to have met and spoken with you as well. Likewise it's always an honour and pleasure to read that one of our therapists made such a good impression that she is mentioned by name in your review here on tripadvisor.com.

Thank you for allowing us to help you with your relaxation and to assist in making your time here in Chiang Mai an enjoyable one.

Please be sure to let us know when you return to Chiang Mai, as we hope to see you and have the opportunity to serve you again.

Best wishes,