“Great service and nice atmosphere”
Review of Cheeva Spa

Cheeva Spa
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Cheeva Spa from the moment you enter offers a warm and relaxing environment. Our packages are designed to help you Relax for a Longer Life. Our most popular package happens in a very brief three (3) hours. We have couples rooms/Villas available. All of our packages may be done alone or with a partner. Reservations may be made very simply via our website.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Vancouver
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great service and nice atmosphere”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

This spa may be a little more pricy than the average place in Chiang Mai, but it is worth every penny. The staff goes out of their way to give you a nice experience (pick up/drop off service, tea a snack). The treatment I had was very well done and I felt really relaxed afterwards. I highly recommend this place.

1 Thank Amrit D
CheevaSpa, Owner at Cheeva Spa, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Thank you for taking some time to write a review here on tripadvisor.com.

Yes, our prices are a bit higher than the average massage shop, but our prices are more than reasonable when compared to similar spas. I am happy to know that you feel you got your money's worth from your visit. We are happy to provide complimentary transportation to/from the spa when booking any of our spa packages for hotels within the City of Chiang Mai.

I others taking time to read your review heed your recommendation and come visit Cheeva Spa.

Please be sure to let us know of your return to Chiang Mai. We look forward to being your spa of choice whenever you visit Chiang Mai.

Warmest regards,

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Eugene, Oregon
“Heavenly!”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Cheeva Spa was a high quality experience from beginning to end. The driver was on time, friendly, and the relaxation began immediately with soothing music and aromatherapy in the car. The spa itself is beautifully decorated in Thai style. A welcoming refreshment was served, and my treatment began in moments. Each room was more lovely than the last, and my sweet therapist was highly skilled in each aspect of my service. Bliss ensued through a foot massage, body scrub, hot oil massage and a facial. All of the products smelled delicious and felt amazing. My therapist did just the right amount of checking in to be sure I was comfortable and enjoying the treatment, but allowed the soothing music to be the only sound for most of the time. At the conclusion of my session, she braided my hair with an orchid, so I actually left looking as great as I felt. Refreshments were served in a tropical outdoor garden before the same driver whisked me back to my guesthouse. My only regret is that it's almost the end of my stay in Chiang Mai, so I may not be able to go back!

Visited February 2013
CheevaSpa, Owner at Cheeva Spa, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review here on tripadvisor.com. I am happy to note that you were able to make it back prior to your departure from Chiang Mai.

We are happy to provide complimentary transportation to/from your hotel within the city of Chiang Mai, and when possible we can take you to the airport after your spa package (we need to know in advance).

It's always an honour when someone in the business writes such a flattering review of the spa and most of all the therapist.

You enjoyed our Romantic Package your first visit and our Lanna Healing package to start you on your journey home. While not all of our Therapist braid hair, those that do, are happy to do as it takes them just a few moments.

I hope you don't stay away too long, and we look forward to your return to Chiang Mai. When you do return to Chiang Mai, try not to wait until your last couple of days to come visit the spa, this way there will be no worries about being able to have a return visit.

Best wishes,
Alexandria, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Relax in Paradise”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Cheeva Spa is heaven. So relaxing and calming. They picked us up and drove us home, the massage therapists were very professional and talented. The prices were great. I highly recommend this spa to any traveller looking for relaxation and pampering.

1 Thank LastFallenStar54
CheevaSpa, Owner at Cheeva Spa, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Thank you very much for your review here on tripadvisor.com.

It was a pleasure to have met you. As we are happy to provide complimentary transportation to/from hotels within the City of Chiang Mai when booking any of our spa packages.

It's always an honour to read and hear about the skill and service given by the therapists, thank you for taking a moment to mention this.

We do our best to provide high quality service at reasonable prices.

I hope many travellers take note, and come visit the spa.

We look forward to your return to Chiang Mai. Please be sure to let us know when you are back, as we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again, and maybe the next time you'll indulge in a longer package.

Warmest regards,
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazing!”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

What do you do after 5 busy days in Bangkok and you've just landed in Chiang Mai? Go to Cheeva Spa!

After checking into our hotel, Cheeva Spa picked us up - Marc was very kind and a pleasure to speak with. It was great to get a fellow Statesman's perspective of Chiang Mai for our visit! Upon our arrival, the awesome experience began:

4 Hour Luxury Package with my partner
- foot scrub and bath with massage
- coconut body wrap
- body scrub
- milk bath
- oil massage
- facial treatment

Be aware: the tinier your therapist, the mightier she is! Koi and Fern are exceptional therapists! So strong yet delicate! Throughout the experience you are offered plenty of tea, water , even mango sticky rice! It is a must do with your loved one!

At the end of your visit, you are transported back to reality and wished the 4 hours could be longer.

Thank you!!!!

1 Thank Julie N
CheevaSpa, Owner at Cheeva Spa, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
You are most welcomed, the pleasure was all ours.

Thank you very much for the detailed and very timely review of your visit to Cheeva spa on tripadvisor.com.

It was a pleasure to have met you and your partner and to have time to talk as well. I was sorry to hear that you were unable to make it for a return visit. But thank you for coming to the spa at the beginning of your visit here in Chiang Mai.

Thank you for pointing out that one cannot just the "strength" of the Therapist by his/her size. As I have found, sometimes its the small and dainty looking Therapists that can put a "hurting" on you. While I hope that your massage was not painful, and to your liking, always remember when having a massage to let the therapist know if the pressure is to great.

Yes, unfortunately all good things must come to an end, at least for that day. We look forward to your return to Chiang Mai. I look forward to hearing from you and being your spa of choice here in Chiang Mai.

Best wishes,
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Relaxing and refreshing!”
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

We went for a two hour traditional Thai massage on the last day if our three weeks in Thailand. We really enjoyed the experience and were made to feel welcome from the moment we were collected by our driver. We had a number of Thai massages during our time in Thailand and this was by far the best. We didn't feel rushed out when our treatment was complete. Thank you!

1 Thank Chris1985UK
CheevaSpa, Owner at Cheeva Spa, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review here on tripadvisor.com. It's always good to get a review from those that only have massage as I understand not everyone wishes to have a spa package.

I'm happy to read that you enjoyed the massages, as when having a Traditional Thai Massage (two hours as the optimal amount of time), you should not be rushed and this gives the Therapist ample time to fully work your entire body. It's important that you didn't feel rushed after the therapist finishes the massage, as I believe this is when the real massage happens, after the therapist stops working. Which allows for your body to reset/readjust and just let everything fall into place.

While the spa is a business and we do our best to take care of as many customers as possible, it's a pleasure to hear that you didn't feel rushed and felt relaxed throughout your entire time here at the spa.

Please be sure to let us know of your return to Chiang Mai. Maybe during your next visit, you won't wait until your last day here to visit, whereby giving yourselves ample time to return again.

Take care, as we look forward to being your spa of choice while here in Chiang Mai.