“Excellent place to Eat and Enjoy a evening.”
Review of La Terrasse

La Terrasse
Ranked #25 of 2,169 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: French traditionnal cuisine in a Bistro's decor. French Chef and exclusively fresh products. Jazz music atmosphere
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Brilliant food, tasty and a wonderful experience with Continental food. Delicious food, the ambience was beautiful, excellent staff and all kind of drink was available according to individual taste. It was a situated besides a beautiful lake.

There are newer reviews for La Terrasse

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Beautiful French restaurant and food. I ordered the the Coq a Vin and it was very good, needed a little salt but thats easy to add. Wife ordered the sea bream wife a tarragon cream sauce and she loved it. I started with the parma ham with bread and gherkins. The ham was delicious and came on top of buttered fresh bread, which was also delicious (the gherkin was terrible...). Wife ended the meal with a cheese plate and loved it all. For all that and a few glasses of wine we finished around 1800THB, which is a third the cost we would have paid in the US. Highly recommended.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

We ate here with friends. We all thought it was wonderful Then we changed hotels and ended up across the street from La Terrasse - so I ate here three more times. Because the food is really THAT AMAZING!!!!! The coq au vin is to die for (get it with the fabulous mashed potatoes). The Basque chicken with ratatouille is wonderful. The assiette plates are enough for a light dinner. The kir is perfect.

And the desserts. OMG, they should be served in heaven!!! The apple tart is flambéed in Calvados and served with ice cream!!! The mousse au chocolat is deep and dark and creamy!!! And each diner receives an incredible chocolate made by an Austrian chocolatiere living in Chiang Mai.

I met the chef, Jean-Jacques, who is a sweetheart; the chocolatiere is also an interesting man to chat with; and the staff became my friends away from home as I sat and enjoyed meal after meal while my husband went down the road looking for the perfect burger. I preferred to enjoy fabulous French food, bistro style, in the middle of northern Thailand.

So go. Eat. Enjoy. FABULOUS!!!!!!

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I had the very good fortune of enjoying my birthday at this lovely little restaurant on 3rd Jan 2013.

We had tried to make a reservation for 8.00pm but they were full. They offered us 9.30pm which suited us fine as we had time to visit the night market at the bottom of Loi Kroh Road an have drinks beforehand.

After eventually being seated at our requested table outside (best place to be), we ordered mains and wine.

The young waiters were spectacularly inefficient, disorganised and rushing around without direction. Hilarious to watch.

The restaurant owner, French guy (who fortunately takes the telephone bookings or else it would have been bedlam) works the kitchen well. clearly experienced and food very competent. His frustration at the ineptness of his staff is absolutely hilarious however. He came out to meet us at he end of our meal and vented his stress, we all had a good old laugh with him!

Also met some lovely people whilst sat eating. A fellow diner also enjoying her birthday meal with friends too. The tables are very close together so it is difficult not to engage but all he same, very sociable.

Would definitely recommend a visit here but prepare for comedy service!

Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I made an unscheduled pit stop here on the way to another restaurant and man, I'm so glad we did.
This was a little piece of Paris in middle of chiang Mai!!
We started with a share plate with positively orgasmic cheeses (especially after a few weeks of thai food!) and delicious pate. We followed this up with a creamy chicken dish and beef stew. Both were melt in your mouth.
We were absolutely blown away by this place. Fantastic Belgium beer and smooth French red wines-highly highly recommended! Thanks la terrasse!!