“Nice French Restaurant in Chiang Mai”
Review of La Terrasse

La Terrasse
Ranked #26 of 2,172 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: French traditionnal cuisine in a Bistro's decor. French Chef and exclusively fresh products. Jazz music atmosphere
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I was very satisfied with this restaurant. The duck pate was amazing. The steak and pork chop were both excellent. The "foie gras gravy" was good but mostly butter and not as nice as I was expecting. The mustard sauce with the pork chop was very nice. The mashed potatoes were good but a tad boring - I wish I had requested fried potatoes instead as they looked quite nice. Both desserts we ordered were also top notch. . The restaurant is small and the inside tables are a little cramped. The deck looked more comfortable but also not a good view as it's just in an alley. Two people with 2 appetizers, 2 mains, 2 desserts, a 500ml carafe of wine and 2 espresso came to about 2500 baht, which I thought was very reasonable.

1  Thank MrJoeG
There are newer reviews for La Terrasse

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Ordered online for delivery so I won't comment on the restaurant itself.

I ordered and received the beef filet with fried potatoes in duck fat with the pepper sauce. The sauce is very good, next texture, like when the sauce is actually a sauce and not colored water. The potatoes in duck fat were very nice indeed. With small bits of lard or was it duck... was fine either way.

Where I say it could have been perfect is I ordered my filet medium rare. It was rare borderline raw. I could see they putted it on the fire turned it over for a second or two and that was pretty much it. I had to get the pan out and recook it myself which is a pain having opened everything up, potatoes and sauce slowly getting colder on the table and having more dishes to clean after dinner.

That said, I gave a 4 because portion was right on, price is very fair and the side / sauce / quality of the meat were great. I probably will go and eat there in the near future.

1  Thank doumdoum1976
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Great and authentic French cuisine with a very charming and relaxing atmosphere. The service is professional and the staff attentive. Excellent selection of wines and the menu is quite large and diversified. I particularly recommend the cold cut platters, beef bavette, or coq au vin. We went to the restaurant with my wife and kids during our last stay in Chiang Mai and we really had a wonderful dining experience.

Highly recommended and looking forward to going back!!!

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Nice for a change in cuisine and ambiance.
This is a great place to take friends for an authentic French meal.
Great central location but nicely set back off a busy street.
You will find this place inviting and friendly.
The owners take a special interest in you.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Craving for French cuisine? Then La Terrasse is the perfect place. Authentic, delicious, fresh, tasty. Hindi kayo madidisappoint sa food nila. Jean-Jacques, the chef and the owner and his wife (who is a Pinay by the way) are both very welcoming and sympathetic. So kung gusto niyong mag-try ng French food sa Chiang Mai, don't hesitate na, punta na kayo!